Photo

Rapid Fire 20 Pvc Mod?

13 replies to this topic

#1 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:15 PM

I gave my friend 5 bucks he gave me his busted RF20 the trigger is screwed and im yet to open it up. Any who my real question is has anybody made a pvc mod
If not why not ?
for the rf20 becouse if not i guess i will be the first to do so?
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:13 PM

1. PVC is too large to fit on the turret. 2. Even if it would fit, the gun wouldn't have enough power to fire a mega Stefan more than fifteen feet. 3. If you meant CPVC, go ahead and try it, I think you'd be the first. Good luck.
SexD Warves

#3 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:59 PM

Alot of people cpvc there's. Pvc, nope not gonna work, Like monkey said.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#4 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:15 PM

Well CPVC won't fit in my Wildfire....

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:37 PM

If it won't fit in the shell of the gun, that's just the WF. The RF20 case is much different and maybe has more turret space. CPVC would easily fit. I see two ways of doing a CPVC mod: One, you cut off the stock barrels and replace them, or two, you take the back piece of the turret that makes it rotate with the little teeth on the edges and put the CPVC right on there. I think I might do that.
SexD Warves

#6 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 10:31 PM

I know it'd be expensive, but wouldn't 9/16" brass fit in there pretty good? I should try that. Glueing all those PVC's next to eachother just looks kind of messy.

Edited by chris, 31 October 2005 - 10:32 PM.

#7 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:21 PM

It would look just as messy with brass, man. If you can take a cloth of some sort, any clothlike substance will work, and wrap the turret with it, you can paint it some cool color, and then it'll look nice. I dunno, make up some way of making it look "nicer". If you even can do that with an RF20. They're ugly as is.

TS

#8 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:32 PM

My half inch cpvc will not fit never mind that ill just remove air restricters....blah blah blah. Guys one more question whats the difference between Cpvc and Pvc?

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:03 AM

I know it'd be expensive, but wouldn't 9/16" brass fit in there pretty good? I should try that.

The questions now is: Can the RF20's rotating mechanism handle weight of the brass.
I am worried that with the additional weight the turret will start to skip barrels.
Also, I just tried to fit a peice of brass in my RF20 and it seems the barrels could use some dremeling for it to fit. The barrels are 2 inches long. I am curious what someone could do with a barrel length of 3-4 inches.
The next question of course is: Does the RF20 possess the strength to launch the dart out of a longer barrel and if so will the range improve.
I may look into this.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

#10 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:07 AM

Ordering online is such a nuicense to me so i might as well stick with what i got im sure if i dremel or take out the air restricters they will fit micro stefs...hopefully.

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#11 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:51 AM

It would look just as messy with brass, man. If you can take a cloth of some sort, any clothlike substance will work, and wrap the turret with it, you can paint it some cool color, and then it'll look nice. I dunno, make up some way of making it look "nicer". If you even can do that with an RF20. They're ugly as is.

TS

They are pretty damn ugly, but NerfMonkey was talking about cutting off the turrets and just glueing PVC pipes on there next to eachother. I'm talking about not cutting off the turrets and just sticking brass in them (glueing). I know they're ugly, but I think that'd look pretty nice.

#12 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:43 PM

I think the best you can do is remove the air restrictors. The RF20 I think is more of a close quarter type weapon. You get in close on someone and demolish them. Unless there is a way to barrel mod the gun. Though that would be kind of painful since you got 20 barrels to do. What about PETG? That looks like light stuff.
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#13 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:49 PM

My half inch cpvc will not fit never mind that ill just remove air restricters....blah blah blah. Guys one more question whats the difference between Cpvc and Pvc?

Theres a thread for that. Cx did a whole write up.

#14 VeggieBoy 3000

VeggieBoy 3000

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 11:25 PM

Your best bet for replacing the barrels on an RF20 would be PETG. It's thin-walled enough to fit, fits micro stefans perfectly, and is super lightweight, even lighter than the RF20 turret itself, so you dont have to worry about the rotating mechanism. Ice Nine PETG'd his RF20 back in the day, so check back maybe a year otwo ago and you can see some pictures of it.
Go NAVY! Beat ARMY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users