Photo

Dynamat

5 replies to this topic

#1 Der Exilen

Der Exilen

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 05:40 PM

what if i was to line the inside of my customized mav with dynamat?

would it work?

has anyone tried it?
The revolution will not be on your iPod.
The revolution will not be on CNN
The revolution will not cost $.99 a song.
The revolution will not be on the atkins diet.
The revolution will free us all.

Extension of a poem by gil-scott heron.

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:28 PM

Whats dynomat and what is its purpose? You cant make it too thick otherwise you wont fit the internals back in...

Edited by NinjZ, 30 October 2005 - 06:29 PM.

#3 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:54 PM

Wait a tick... I thought that you had a ridiculous spelling error, just like almost every other post you have.

Edited by WratH, 30 October 2005 - 08:55 PM.

Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#4 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:47 PM

That might work. The problem you would have is sound excaping through the barrel. Thats a good idea though.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#5 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:08 PM

what if i was to line the inside of my customized mav with dynamat?

would it work?

has anyone tried it?

Seriously dude, check your past posts. I've warned you about your infractions plenty of times. Fix your posts, or you're gone.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#6 Dys70pia

Dys70pia

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:54 AM

First post...
Sorry to bring up an old topic, but it was never properly addressed.

I had the idea to use dynamat as well, before seeing it suggested here.

Dynamat homepage

Dynamat is a sound / vibration suppression material manufacturer. They develop different types of vibration supression materials for use MOSTLY in car audio.

It's not cheap stuff. I have a good friend that works in car audio installation, and he gave me a scrap of leftover Dynamat Extreme. This stuff goes for around $170.00 CAN for 20 square feet.

Unfortunately, it's just BARELY too thick to wrap around the internal chambers of my Lock N Load. I could do it, but it would require some pressure to keep it closed so i could screw it shut; I'm a little hesitant to keep it that way. I'm going to try different methods of internal supression, and wrap some fluted pvc to make a silencer and see how that works.

It would be good to know if anyone else has tried Dynamat, whether it be the spray, or the tack sheet type.

The stuff I'm using is pretty damn sticky. I was lucky on my LnL that the dynamat didn't ALL stick too permanent to the plastic. Though I don't know if i'll be so lucky if I try it again, so I don't plan on having many more tries at this before I gotta do something I want to stick with.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users