Anyone For Some Discussion?

IR!

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

Hmm...because I am entirely too lazy to sift through pages and pages of complete and utter crap, I'm going to go ahead and ask; what's been figured out about the newest spring blasters? Namely, the Maverick and Firefly. I realize that they both have restriction, which has been dealt with...the airflow isn't all that good, because of the seal (or lack thereof) and the fact the barrels rotate. Also, the way the plunger shafts operate isn't conventional, and really restricts the amount of air it's going to be able to generate. Therefor, it's going to be very hard to optimize performance. But the barrels are already pretty much aptly suited for stefans, they just need the restrictors removed. Once that's done, it seems the tight back and looser front part of the barrel should be more than adequate for the pressure they're putting out. From what I've seen, they honestly aren't getting too much better than they were from the box...the Firefly in paticular is a big disappointment. My Maverick's range is exceeding in already, almost, and it's a lot more comfortable for me...I dunno. If there's been anything I'm missing, go ahead and let me know.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I can grab my camera and pick up another Maverick to document all the mods and stuff. Of course, I'll need hosting, but...I'm sure we can find someone (hintChint) that would be willing to use the content...

EDIT: Shit, what's this I'm seeing about the BBB? Where can I get one of them bad boys? I wasn't pleased with my last one, but...wouldn't mind having something else to use.

Edited by Ragornocks, 28 October 2005 - 09:22 PM.

hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#2 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:57 PM

BBB is a TRU exclusive for 20 dollars I think it's come down to.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:31 PM

Exterminator modded his Mav with CPVC. One of my friends did this too, and I should try it as it gets about 50' flat. I think that's about all you'll get unless you do light, light, light, very light spring replacement like Duce, which I think he said got like 60' flat(?). I like my Maverick but don't use it too much due to its poor range and accuracy.

As for the Firefly, I don't like them. The same friend with the CPVC Mav has one; he says he's going to CPVC it, so we'll see how that goes. I don't think there have been any mods other than restrictor removal and spring replacement (with some reinforcement of course).

I got my BBB for $20, but I think some places still have them at $25. As Uncle Hammer said, they're only at TRU and I like mine. I use it a lot because of its solid feel.

Basically, the Mav has a little potential, but not a lot, and the Firefly I'm not too impressed with. It's horribly uncomfortable and only gets about 40' flat with the restrictor mod and I can't see it getting any more with CPVC.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users