Of Recalls And Rednecks

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

Whew, it's been a while...

...anyways, we spent the day yesterday enjoying the local coffee shop, while the Homecoming parade was going on down the street. Beautiful weather for just about anything (short of skiing, I suppose), late afternoon...we ended up getting pretty bored. What do we do? A trip to the local Wal-Mart sounds nice.

Of course, we ended up brushing by the toy aisle...and, of course, we ended up getting Nerf guns. As I was totalling up my purchase, I'm thinking...well, my phone bill is coming up. I wanted to go out and 'ball on Saturday, and I need some parts pretty bad, too...

...so I ended up having to explain to the cashier why I was buying forty dollars worth of toy guns. And you should have seen us walking out of the store, ripping into the cardboard boxes like a small child would on Christmas...heck, we ended up playing more or less before we got into the car. After hitting some people, we realized that it wasn't such a great idea to Nerf in a crowded parking lot, and headed home for some foamy fun in the evening.

So, in closing, I forgot how fun Nerf is. The whole thing is great, it was such a break from the "grown-upish" routine to which I'm getting accustomed. To all you younger folk out there, enjoy it while you can. I suppose it's time to get the camera out, buy some FBR, and finding some more people to play with.

'Tis the season.

- B

Edited by Ragornocks, 28 October 2005 - 05:33 PM.

hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#2 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:02 PM

Good to see you getting back into nerf Rags. Its never too late to start primming those at2k's once again.

#3 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:38 PM

Miss ya, Raggy. Good to see you on the board.

Don't be a stranger...you miss out too much. What' ya get, Firefly? Dart Tag set?

At least your NF mod is immortalized as the standard issue modification for it.

How's the Phantom? Did you see the new Desert Duck DuckSlide for the Phantom? It looks so cool, wish I had a spare 200 lying around.

Take care.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 07:02 PM

Glad to see you back, are you going to be here a lot or is it just like a 'vacation' from your adult life?
SexD Warves

#5 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:06 PM

I definitly can't make it like I used to...no time to spam forums anymore. But I'll try to stop in as often as I can.

Piney, I saw that a while back, it was awesome. You know what I picked up the other day, though? I got a great deal on a 3357, I can't wait until it gets here...and the Phantom is wonderful. Gonna work her a bit tommorow, I suppose.

I got a Firefly, Maverick, and Nite Finder. And darts. And duct tape. Speaking of the Dart Tag set, we had an issue at the checkout...they told us the product was recalled, and we couldn't buy it. They then punched us in the kidneys and tolds us to get something else.

Edited by Ragornocks, 28 October 2005 - 09:07 PM.

#6 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:34 PM

So, in closing, I forgot how fun Nerf is. The whole thing is great, it was such a break from the "grown-upish" routine to which I'm getting accustomed. To all you younger folk out there, enjoy it while you can. I suppose it's time to get the camera out, buy some FBR, and finding some more people to play with.

'Tis the season.

- B

Glad to see you back. I, too, find myself slipping away from Nerf occasionally, and I'm not even busy and/or close to being "grown up" :o

Hope you pop in often.

#7 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 09:09 PM

Yay! Not only did you get yourself back into Nerf, but reading just got me back into Nerf. Don't ask how.
Now that I think about it, it was the 'tis the season part. Inspiriring.

#8 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 09:28 PM

Don't ask how.

I can do that to people.

Piney, check the new Carter Machine site...he's offering Ducks for $2000. The site is fully legit, too...it's just made by a third party.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users