There seems to be a problem...

1 reply to this topic

#1 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:25 AM

The new edition Airtech 2k's are different, and not just because of their paintjob. The valves in the old 2k's (before the green color scheme came out) had a white dome-shaped piece with a black rubber o-ring behind it that closed off the air output, and made the valve a valve. On the new ones, there is a larger rubber disc going out from the white dome piece that not only plugs the output hole, but also goes about halfway to the outside edge of the valve's interior.

This would seem like a blessing of a better seal, but when the pump is plugged, pumping over three times causes this seal and large piece of rubber to become a nightmare. It takes an incredible amount of force (relative to the force previously needed) to pull the valve pin, and the trigger is unable to exert this force. In other words, if you pump it more than three times, you'll have to open up the gun and manually pull the pin by hand.

This is not completely proven, and the pump number is an estimate taken from several guns, but this is pretty consistently happening. All four 2k's from new-editon twin packs that a fellow clan member of mine picked up have this problem, and bic pen modding them didn't allow the trigger any extra pulling power. I have discussed this with Baghead as well, and he has had the same problem.

Has anyone else had issues, and, if so, have you found any way to fix/remedy the problem? If you don't understand my description, I'll be modeling a 3D rendering of an old vs. new 2k valve in TurboCAD tonight, and I'll post the jpegs up ehre tomorrow morning so you can see what's going on.

Thanks!
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilývatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#2 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:29 PM

Have not noticed this. I have both new and old editition 2k's
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users