Stefans

Uh der.....

4 replies to this topic

#1 SnIpErX125

SnIpErX125

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 12:06 AM

Do Stefans go well with cocking guns? I just made about 16 Stefans using 3/0 weights and stuck them in my MaxShot and fired. I was VERY dissapointed with the results. Do Stefans don't just go with cocking guns, or it's just that my Stefans aren't straight enough or heavy enough? Help would be greatly appreciated.

-Also another thing. I've noticed that adding a layer or two of electrical tape onto my stock yellow micro darts increases the range and pain! Can anybody explain the theory behind this magnificent find of mine?

Thanks.
CAUTION: These plastic BBS sting like a mother when you get hit by them, so don't go shooting at the cat with it.

www.geocities.com/darkmessenger125/NerfRetreat.html

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 10:11 AM

MOD 401: Darts and Barrels

Basically, spring guns require darts that fit tightly in at least the first segment of the barrel to give the plunger time to overcome inertia.

If you look at my Max Shot mod you'll see that I use two sizes of brass, one to hold the dart tightly for as long as possible while pressure builds, one that's looser so the dart can build velocity before leaving the gun.

The easy (but non-optimal) way to deal with this is to use a relatively short, tight-fitting barrel. I've found that 4-5" of PETG, which is fairly snug on my darts, makes an acceptable barrel for high power spring guns.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 Guest_The Lord Cow_*

Guest_The Lord Cow_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2003 - 10:13 AM

Stefans suck with my Sm1500. I need to mod it. Yea. Putting tape around it forms a greater seal with the air release. It's a great idea.

#4 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 11:54 AM

Another commonly used barrel is the Crayola Marker barrel. While it isn't the best, it is very easy to come by and cheap to make (that is, if you have the markers in your house). All you do is take a fat crayola marker, hollow it out, and cut off all of the tip (and then some). Wrap some take around this, and stick it into any of your guns that currently shoot mega darts (these also fit in 1/2 inch PVC, I think). This will make a pretty good seal with Micro Stefans.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

#5 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:48 PM

In my Triple Torch modification, you can either use brass, crayola, or the regular barrel. The Triple Torch, obviously, is a spring/cocking gun. It gets great range with stefans.

Also, it depends on how you make your stefans. It's all in the size of the foam, weight, and, how much the weight weighs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users