Photo

Airtech 3k Tubing Blown!

16 replies to this topic

#1 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:52 PM

So I was pumping up my airtech 3 and I heard air leaking. I open it up and what did I see? A neat little slit created in the orange tubing. Now, when I hold this down with my fingers, pump the gun, It will fire. So, will Plumber's goop fix the leak? Or any other reccomendations?

Edited by SirTofu, 21 October 2005 - 09:52 PM.

Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#2 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:08 PM

You could always take it off and replace it with the same size vinyl. Just use liberal amounts of hot glue.

TS

Edited by Team_Slaya, 21 October 2005 - 11:08 PM.

#3 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 09:25 AM

I am wondering If plumber's goop will fix it as I have other uses for It as well.

#4 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 09:30 AM

I don't think it would work, because the plumbers goop would clog up the tube, I tried this on an at2k and it ruined it.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#5 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 10:08 AM

What If I wrapped the slit in E-Tape or something then applied plumber's goop?

#6 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 10:21 AM

That's a nice idea, I wish I would of done that. That would probably work.It would be airtight and it wouldn't clog up the tube. If you do it make sure there is no holes in the etape where plumbers goop could get through.

Edited by man_with_many_guns, 22 October 2005 - 01:59 PM.

Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#7 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:27 PM

You could always take it off and replace it with the same size vinyl. Just use liberal amounts of hot glue.

TS

Hot glue? You better not be serious. Hot glue doesn't seal or even bond. It's good for Nerf darts, but not much else.

I would cut the tubing at the location of the hole. Afterwards, I would go down to my local hardare store and pick up a small barbed tubing coupler, and two very small tubing clamps. The repair is self-explanatory at this point (i.e. if you need me to explain this to you, I would have to put my moron hat on to lower myself that far). This is the real way to repair this. I've done this on a water gun of mine and it works just as good as before.

Probably is spelled just as I did. That's a really easy word kids. Getting a dictionary to check words that you are unsure of isn't very hard either, and dictionary.com has been here for years. The whole (sp?) thing to me just shows laziness.

#8 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 04:38 PM

Doom, you might have a high temp hot glue gun, and then you're right, they're only really good for darts. But i've connected vinyl and other things of the sort, and it does bond. Your idea will make it permanent, and mine will also if you don't jostle it around too much. Sorry if it didn't work for you.

TS

#9 mongor64

mongor64

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 07:43 PM

i think it is a very simple fix by either going to you local pet shop or hardware store and finding the right size of tubing to replace it and as far as what you would use to seal it i would either go super glue or if you have room within the gun use small zip ties

#10 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

I have used vinyl and hot glue and it worked fine, considering that the ID of the tubing was the same as the original tubing (so that it fit on fine and made an airtight seal without hotglue). I used hot glue to keep it in place. I have some pics in case they're helpful (yes, I know that the gun is ugly as sin, yes, I know that couplermodding a 3k is dumb).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#11 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 12:54 PM

what ID tubing?

#12 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 03:54 PM

5/16" OD and 3/16" ID. Got it at Ace Hardware for something like $.19 a foot.
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#13 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 04:53 PM

I think Im gonna do e-tape then plumbers goop, as many people have said plumbers goop on here.

#14 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 05:46 PM

I used 1/4" OD vinyl and it is an incredibly tight fit for mine, but it WILL hold. I had to use some scissors to shave out the inside of the orange part on the airtank so I could put it INSIDE there, and then I connected it with an RF20 pump, and I used Goop and am currently waiting for it to dry. That should be all you need, not even any e-tape.
SexD Warves

#15 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:09 PM

Best solution is to replace the whole tube. Bring it to the store, and match the size. To take it off the pump tube, CAREFULLY slit the side, and kind of tear it off. For the other side, carefully unscrew the little piece that holds the tubing on- if you are too rough with it you'll screw off the entire nozzle.

~ompa

#16 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:11 PM

Best solution is to replace the whole tube. Bring it to the store, and match the size. To take it off the pump tube, CAREFULLY slit the side, and kind of tear it off. For the other side, carefully unscrew the little piece that holds the tubing on- if you are too rough with it you'll screw off the entire nozzle.

~ompa

How come you can goop up leaks on other guns but not on the AT3K?

#17 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 06:30 PM

I've never gooped tube leaks. I just go for a new fucking tube. It costs me like $.50.

I'd rather have a more permanent solution than goop. Although I'll admit it's strong, it's not going to beat a new tube.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users