Airtech 3000 Mod

can i use this?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:00 PM

Okay, I just got my new airtech 3000 (never had one before) and want to mod it. i found cxwq's mod and i don't have PETG and was wondering if I could use PVC instead if it. Has anyone done this before? Dose it work the same?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#2 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:43 PM

I think you should use brass. PVC is way too big for an AT3K.
"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."
Hell you're lucky if you don't get fucked with a spiked bat

#3 SupG

SupG

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:34 PM

Use PETG its so much liter......Like so.
I heard this kid say nerfing is gay well i say fuck him.

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:44 PM

Guys, if he could use brass or PETG, he wouldnt be asking if PVC would work would he?

NerfNewbie - You can only use what is available to you, or works best for you. If all you can get is 1/2" PVC, you're stuck using mega stefans or stock micros. I'm not sure you will get the 70' ranges with megas like the mod on this site. I'm also not sure if the PVC will fit in their perfectly ( assuming you want to mod the turret ). I do know however, 1/2" PVC and CSH 40 and 80 PVC fit on AT2k turrets good enough to work.

#5 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:07 AM

Use cpvc, it's the only other way. Saw the turret and then file it down to the point where you can just barely fit the cpvc into. This is a last resort though, if you do not have brass or petg. I would not recomend it cause I had my barrels at 4.5" and rage was 60' at most.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#6 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 12:15 AM

Thats assuming CPVC fits his micro stefans. Thats also assuming hes using micro stefans. With CPVC, if your stefans even fit right, your barrels should be 6".

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 02:38 AM

i found cxwq's mod and i don't have PETG and was wondering if I could use PVC instead if it.

He says he doesnt have petg (this means he may be able to find some brass). Find some brass at a hobby shop or spend like 5 bucks to get a money order done at a bank and get some petg off viper. You can get a money order done at the bank so you dont need to ask you parents to use their credit card if you are younger. Modding is about patience and if you arent going to use your at3k in the next couple weeks it wont hurt. If you have the patience to put that mod on the back burner you will be fine.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 09:04 AM

The thing is, brass is like $15 for ten feet and I only need six feet. Also, I don't know what I have that can cut brass. will it work EXACTLE the same as PETG or better?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#9 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 09:14 AM

The thing is, brass is like $15 for ten feet and I only need six feet. Also, I don't know what I have that can cut brass. will it work EXACTLE the same as PETG or better?

Probubly(sp?) better, but you have to ask your self, is it worth having to spend the extra money. If it was me, I would go pvc, if you can get it to fit, but it has to be able to fit your darts.

Edited by man_with_many_guns, 22 October 2005 - 09:18 AM.

Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#10 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 11:04 AM

The PVC fits perfectly. The problem is, the last time I didn't use the proper barrel matterial, it actualy made my gun worse. I tried to do a nf mod that I found that used PETG and used PVC instead. It broke. do you think it will work better this time because it's a pump gun? will it get the same ranges or make the gun worse than it is stock? (That's pretty bad. Like ten feet.)

Edited by Nerfnewbie, 22 October 2005 - 11:07 AM.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#11 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 04:29 PM

NN, just think about it. If the Barrel Material that you're using isn't fitting the darts well, a.k.a. there's space between the dart/suction cup(if using stock), then most of the air will escape, because air travels the easiest path out. So, make sure that your darts fit well. Use a more tight barrel material for spring guns like CPVC, while a slightly looser fit like PETG or Brass is usually a better choice for air guns.

TS

#12 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 05:19 PM

You could try a crayola barrel, they are really easy to access/make.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#13 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 06:04 PM

slayer, I said nothing about the darts not fitting, I simple stated that the last time I tried this, the gun broke. I went ahead and used the PVC and it's doing pretty good. I haven't got a chance to check ranges because it's been raining up here all day. I'll tyr to get ranges up soon as well as accuracy and all that crap. It should be up in like a day or two.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users