Angered Customer

Toronto nerfers

41 replies to this topic

#1 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:05 PM

OK I am Tired of people on this site that live in America I ENVY you guys so much all your stores are up to date with the finest firearms(nerf guns). Me I live in Toronto and I am tired of walking into a common toystore
(toys toys toys, Toys R us) And they don't have Jacksquat.
Is there anybody in Toronto or north york area that knows a good nerf retailer?

Edited by joeyaglr444, 20 October 2005 - 10:05 PM.

Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#2 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:10 PM

Our TRU has every current gun exept for the dart tag, that is to say, we have the BBB, the firefly, the mavrick, the n-strike, and I think we have 3K.
I have found that nerf guns in Canada have (by distabution date) traveled from west to east , the boys in the Vancover area get them, then we get them then Luke gets then then the Ontario crowd gets them. Just a general trend I've noticed.

Edited by Illadar, 21 October 2005 - 03:52 PM.

#3 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:14 PM

OK I am Tired of people on this site that live in America I ENVY you guys so much all your stores are up to date with the finest firearms(nerf guns). Me I live in Toronto and I am tired of walking into a common toystore

Maybe you should move out of America Jr., junior.

VACC

#4 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 12:43 PM

Don't worry-- when we annex Canada this upcoming spring, you'll be able to purchase all the latest Nerf guns at the Walmart which will inevitably open up a block away from your house.

Edited by Death, 21 October 2005 - 12:44 PM.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#5 TheDiceman

TheDiceman

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 01:12 PM

Heck, my TRU carries everything currently made I think. They have the BBB, NF, Mav, RF20's, Dart Tag, FF, the Titan set and that crappy little Ball Blaster.
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." -H.P. Lovecraft

#6 nerfisfun

nerfisfun

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:05 PM

I agree, my TRU AND walmart have jacksquat +1, in other words, 1 gun!
The reason people live in "Americas goody 2 shoes brother" is because it's safer, I don't mean to offend, but the thought of everyone having a gun scares me. Call me a pussie if you will... No offense Sure, but in Michagan (I don't know, I don't live there) If you want a gun, you go buy it you wait, you get it, you go insane, you kill people. And to 3. They couldn't do that from 100 feet away, and you would have a chance to put up a fight.

The End

Edited by nerfisfun, 21 October 2005 - 03:47 PM.

QUOTE ( N-Strike agent 007)
  You posted a link to the forum rule in my thread and I nearly threw my computer out the window. Thats like giving some one a demerit in school and not telling them why just handing them a list of rules because you are TO LAZEY to tell them why.

#7 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:39 PM

I agree, my TRU AND walmart have jacksquat +1, in other words, 1 gun!
The reason people live in "Americas goody 2 shoes brother" is because it's safer, I don't mean to offend, but the thought of everyone having a gun scares me. Call me a pussie if you will... No offense

Hahahahaha, that's cute.

1) Just because everyone has the right to own a gun doesn't mean everyone exercises that right.
2) Most states have very strict laws governing gun ownership. It is illegal, in most states, to carry a firearm without a special license (above a normal gun license). This License-to-Carry is usually much more difficult to get than a normal gun license. In New Jersey for instance, you need to prove that your life is under direct threat in order to receive a License-to-Carry.
3) Why would people having a gun scare you? People with murderous intent were killing each other long before guns were invented. Homicidal maniacs aren't going to go away if you take away guns.

DEATH

#8 nerfisfun

nerfisfun

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:50 PM

Even if you WERE right, why would I want to move away from my family and friends, I love them. But that extra 20 cents on a dollar IS tempting, maybe I should go buy a beach house in Florida *Imagines (8)wasting away again in margaritaville du du du du...(8) wha?! well disney is, I'll live in the keys, OR I could just live in Canada.

Edited by nerfisfun, 21 October 2005 - 05:56 PM.

You posted a link to the forum rule in my thread and I nearly threw my computer out the window. Thats like giving some one a demerit in school and not telling them why just handing them a list of rules because you are TO LAZEY to tell them why.

#9 JSkater

JSkater

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:31 PM

Call me a pussie if you will...

Pussy.
QUOTE(Arcanis)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Why dont you have anything to drink!?
Choose one, making you better feeling!

#10 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:51 PM

Even if you WERE right, why would I want to move away from my family and friends, I love them. But that extra 20 cents on a dollar IS tempting, maybe I should  go buy a beach house in Florida *Imagines (8)wasting  away again in margaritaville du du du du...(8) wha?!

Stop talking about places you DO NOT understand. I live in Florida, and let me tell you, it is NO great place.

Edited by Crappy Nerfer, 21 October 2005 - 04:51 PM.

"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#11 nerfisfun

nerfisfun

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:27 PM

Whoah, adminage? Sorry, I don't want to be 0.0

Edited by nerfisfun, 24 October 2005 - 03:37 PM.

#12 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:40 PM

nerfisfun,

Ten posts in a day is more than enough. Rest a bit man. I promise that we aren't going anywhere. Your post count does not matter. What does matter is the quality of your posts.

shinny
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#13 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 01:17 PM

The internet is your simple solution, may I recommend Amazon.com, I'm sure they'll ship to your Ca-ne-de-ya. Really it's not a big enough deal to get your knickers twisted over.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#14 nerfisfun

nerfisfun

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:32 PM

No they won't I've tried in the past, they wont ship from ye A -mar-e-ka

#15 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 05:00 PM

Nerfisfun is correct half of the sites Do NOT ship to Canada i mean there e.g: EBAY
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#16 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:19 AM

No they won't I've tried in the past, they wont ship from ye A -mar-e-ka

See now that's funny! :) Well I guess you could always road trip to somewhere that has them or buy from someone in the trading section.

Happy hunting

#17 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 11:35 AM

I'm surprised in you Canadians. Why don't you strike a deal with some old people in America. Prescription drugs are so cheap for you guys, why don't you adopt a grandma who needs medicine? You send her the pills she needs, and she sends you the Nerf guns you so desperately want.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for your actions.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#18 nerfisfun

nerfisfun

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 12:25 PM

You've maid my day Infinite Shindig that would be hilarious, dig a tunnel between our houses, then sell the mav and NF for 20$ here.... Good Idea... I also make road trips, that's the only time I buy any guns. (Mav, nf, at2k, FF)

Edited by nerfisfun, 23 October 2005 - 12:28 PM.

#19 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 12:06 AM

I'm in the TO area as well. Though I too get the impression we have less selection, I think there's still a wide range of stuff you can get around here. More than enough to keep me busy trying to mod stuff.

I have even recently seen some of the more elusive blasters at a few of my local TRUs. At one of the better stocked ones, I saw the Firefly, the Dart Tag and the AT3k (twin pack). Most of the TRUs in the TO area seem to have RF20, Mav, N-Strike Unity and NFs consistently in stock. Some also have the Lanard stuff (e.g. Blast Bazooka). I have yet to spot a BBB though.

How about Wal Marts? Though almost all seem to be devoid of NERF brand blasters except for the Tech Target, they typically have the whole line of Buzz Bee blasters and some of the Lanards (Max Shot and BB - no First shot or Triple Shot). Just by luck, I managed to find a couple of old AT2ks and a Lanard Speed Loader a few months ago.

Sears and Zellers often also carry the NF and the Mav.

And my take on living in Canada vs. the US of A:
- true, we do generally have a lower crime rate in Canada but also a way smaller population; and gun crime has been popping up an awful lot in Toronto in the past few years with no signs of slowing
- I don't know whether firearms in the US or Canada are the cause of crime or are merely the symptom - but I'm glad that most Canadians don't own them
- the safest part about living in this great country of ours is not the absence of guns, but rather the existence of FREE healthcare

Edited by ambushbug, 24 October 2005 - 12:17 AM.

#20 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:34 AM

Hahahahaha, that's cute.

Lot's of girls tell me I'm that.
to below: 10 posts in a day is enough? I'll try to edit, but for me that's less than 1 post an hour, well maybe 3 because I'm only on the net usually an hour, but today I went on a 4 hour rampage, I guess it got out of control. I have an average of 1.1 posts a day <_<

You talk back to an admin like that and it'll turn into 0.0, you understand me?

Relevant to the conversation, Canada sucks. You guys don't even know how to make a cheese burger.

Guns kick ass. I own three guns. I've never killed anyone. Even if I did I wouldn't use a gun. To begin with there is too much evidence. They'll just match up the bullet, case solved. Besides, guns aren't cheap. Neither is ammo. There are far more cost efficient ways to commit murder. Besides, I'd look funny shooting a guy with a 22.

Florida sucks. Half of it is back assed southern, half of it is New Isreal and all of it is under attack by hurricanes.

Past that, I just want you Canadians to understand that A. You're not really a country, B. You only exist because we like you and you have nothing and C. you don't know what bacon is.

God help you if you ever strike oil.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#21 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:17 AM

Past that, I just want you Canadians to understand that A. You're not really a country, B. You only exist because we like you and you have nothing and C. you don't know what bacon is.

Seriously, what's with that? It's pork roll, dammit-- bacon come in delicious strips!

DEATH

#22 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:51 AM

Actually Canada has oil, and we import quite a bit of it from them.

Anyway here is a linky for about how the Political right thinks about Canada

Anne Coulter is, politically, a short sighted attention seeking uber b***h, and so is Tucker Carlson with his stupid little wussy bow tie.

I'm not a liberal, not a conservative, just a disaffected and alienated moderate.

#23 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

Actually Canada has oil, and we import quite a bit of it from them.

Anyway here is a linky for about how the Political right thinks about Canada

Anne Coulter is, politically, a short sighted attention seeking uber b***h, and so is Tucker Carlson with his stupid little wussy bow tie.

I'm not a liberal, not a conservative, just a disaffected and alienated moderate.

Now, hold your horses there-- there are plenty of people on the political left that think that Canada sucks, as well. They just don't say it as publically, since Canada has that nifty "Free" health care system that they've been clamoring over for years.

DEATH

#24 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 03:10 PM

[
Now, hold your horses there-- there are plenty of people on the political left that think that Canada sucks, as well. They just don't say it as publically, since Canada has that nifty "Free" health care system that they've been clamoring over for years.

And I hate them as much as I do the right; "disafected moderate" remember. It's just so much easier right now to point out stupitity from the right.

#25 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

Hahahahaha, that's cute.

Lot's of girls tell me I'm that.
to below: 10 posts in a day is enough? I'll try to edit, but for me that's less than 1 post an hour, well maybe 3 because I'm only on the net usually an hour, but today I went on a 4 hour rampage, I guess it got out of control. I have an average of 1.1 posts a day -_-

You talk back to an admin like that and it'll turn into 0.0, you understand me?

Relevant to the conversation, Canada sucks. You guys don't even know how to make a cheese burger.

Guns kick ass. I own three guns. I've never killed anyone. Even if I did I wouldn't use a gun. To begin with there is too much evidence. They'll just match up the bullet, case solved. Besides, guns aren't cheap. Neither is ammo. There are far more cost efficient ways to commit murder. Besides, I'd look funny shooting a guy with a 22.

Florida sucks. Half of it is back assed southern, half of it is New Isreal and all of it is under attack by hurricanes.

Talio.

if Canada sucks then the US sucks more (ok, I'm being a bit juvenile).

But I mean George W? And I don't know what is more disturbing, the fact that the guy who lost the election became president OR the fact that after all he's done he gets re-elected (?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users