POST PICTURES ONLY. How hard is that.

5162 replies to this topic

#4626 JPRoth1980

JPRoth1980

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:42 AM

More of an HvZ mod, but here it is.

Forearm-mounted Swarmfire. The bracer opens up and latches and is well-padded internally. The trigger switch has been moved to a PVC ring to allow the hand to be used for other things while still making the blaster functional. Stock spring, 16.8V fully charged.

Posted Image

#4627 ahtanie

ahtanie

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

Van Helsing Crossbow!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Video:

#4628 Bryneverostasia

Bryneverostasia

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

Some of my recent works
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Both blasters are running off of Lithium Polymer Batteries housed internally.
Used predominantly for HVZ but their performance is fantastic.

#4629 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Lanard Huntsman

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4630 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Rear loading BuzzBee Airmax Extreme 10. Aluminum barrels, auto rotate still works. average of 160fps with #6 slugs.

Posted Image

'Elite Recon' with OMW stage 1+2 kits. Still waiting on stage 3, which is pre-order bonuses for stage 2; they were bumped back so OMw could ship out all the 10month old orders people had already paid for. Averaging 97.72fps with Pak-D darts.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 16 November 2013 - 10:02 PM.

#4631 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

PCB layout for the select-fire Rapidstrike controller I'm working on. (I suppose this would be considered a mod)

Top:
Posted Image

Bottom:
Posted Image

Note that these are just the prototype versions. On the final ones, the silkscreening will look a lot better, since that's not really very readable. The first three boards have been ordered, and will be showing up sometime in the next 2-3 weeks or so. The boards are .64"x1.02", and can be tucked away pretty much anywhere in the shell. This style will require some soldering, but i'm working on a version that shouldn't, though it will have to be slightly larger to accommodate the connectors. I'm going to be soldering everything in a reflow oven, since it's all surface mount, which should let me produce these pretty quickly. This version will likely be around $20 with free shipping, while the no-solder one will be about $25 + shipping, because the connectors are both expensive and increase the thickness of the packaging. The boards will be that shade of purple, and all contacts will be gold-plated.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#4632 Xellah

Xellah

They call his chin.... Captain Underpants

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Deal with it.

Edited by Xellah, 21 November 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Ultimator Duel

it cant be as bad as reloading an ak-47 on the run

#4633 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Rapidstrike w/ Roughcut
Posted Image

Spectre with Triad
Posted Image

Scout
Posted Image

Rapidstrike
Posted Image

Rapidstrike with Strongarm. The black plate on the side is a shield for the motors because they protrude from the shell.
Posted Image

Stryfe with Centurion shell (lol)
Posted Image

Rapidstrike with two integrated Swarmfires
Posted Image

Rapidstrike with an integrated Roughcut. The Roughcut is raised up into the Rapidstrike's battery area and the batteries are relocated to a 4x AA tray. Gloss clear coats amplify any putty imperfections like a mother fucker, so it looks a bit sloppier than it actually is.
Posted Image

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#4634 stoph

stoph

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:37 AM

cut down Pak-D mags to run in my LS. Magwell adapter is being made using right angle alu

Posted Image

#4635 cchevelless

cchevelless

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hello Ladies and Gents. I made this beauty I called it the 4b Tornado. It contains a sonic bazooka (4b knock-off) and a old school panther inside a SS tornado strike shell. The panther is pumped by a SS maxx D-3000 pump.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4636 zack0909

zack0909

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

well here is my singled maverick. it gets about 80 feet
Posted Image

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 26 November 2013 - 08:52 PM.

#4637 Kouri

Kouri

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:47 AM

Orange Mod Works Concept Recon.

Priming Slide was modified to match the promotional artwork - that "swoosh" is actually engraved into the sides.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I won't fill the thread with a wall of pics, so the entire hi-res gallery can be found [here].

#4638 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

The first three rapidstrike control boards arrived.

Posted Image

As Azrael brought up to me, some of the current-carrying traces are a bit small, and the SOT-23 transistors may not be able to handle the current consumed by the pusher motor. As such, none of these will be sold - they're just prototypes so I can see what's wrong with things.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#4639 dog green 1

dog green 1

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:47 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4640 CloudKicker

CloudKicker

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Just a Stryfe,resistors and switches taken out, rewired and heat-shrunk connections. big thanks to Coop for the guide:
Posted Image

#4641 Pointman9

Pointman9

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:30 PM

I recently finished my first Stryfe mod, although I didn't do anything serious to it, it's a present for my nephew. I pretty much just took out the stupid plastic thing that jams it up a bunch and stuck two Trustfires in the battery box. It was also an experiment for my first detailing job. It didn't turn out too bad. Metallic blue with silver details.

It doesn't look like anything special with poor lighting;
Posted Image

But in the sun;
Posted Image
There is no such thing as overkill. There is only cost efficiency.

#4642 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:48 PM

Continuing the Stryfe trend,

Posted Image

The above is a Stryfe with full lock removal, full rewire, Blade 180 motor replacement, flywheel wraps, thermistor/resistors removal, 30MM DC fans ontop the motors, Voltmeter in the stock, integrated laser sight, and... I think that's it. There are a total of three after market switches, one toggles the voltmeter and another toggles the fans. These are both run directly off the Stryfe main power supply. The last switch toggles the laser sight, which is run off 2 x AAA in the battery tray.

All the 'tacticool' crap is on their for /r/nerf, i run this blaster in the field with just a retaliator stock. Here is a gallery with 4 more pictures.

PS, I really like that blue Pointman9.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 09 December 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#4643 Foamface

Foamface

• FNG1 
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

Yet another Stryfe.

Posted Image
The battery compartment now has a polycarbonate door held in place with thumb screws houses four Trustfires that have been split into two circuits. Three of the Trustfires power the RM2 motors and the fourth powers the LEDs.

Posted Image

The LEDs are trigger operated using one of the momentary switches from the electronic lock system relocated to where the mechanical trigger lock was housed.
Posted Image

Rebel Trooper with home made internals.
Posted Image

#4644 BenFett

BenFett

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

Hey guys, decided to throw a post up in here about the only three finished blasters of mine so far (Loosely, the nitefinder still needs to be sealed and my firestrike needs some repairs.)

This is a christmas present for my sister, a modded and splatter-painted maverick:
Posted Image

Another christmas present for a good friend of mine, a minimized nitefinder, using cut up pieces of the dart holder/flashlight and a ton of epoxy putty to make a pretty awesome looking minimization in my opinion!
Posted Image

My pride and joy, and my first mod, a minimized firestrike, with a cpvc barrel and a very impressive air seal!
Posted Image
Posted Image

That's all for now, feel free to message me for any feedback or questions! I'm looking forward to christmas, hopefully I'll be getting a stryfe, a rapidstrike, and a rough cut to masterkey onto one of them (Still don't know which one), and I'll be modding my friend's newly acquired stryfe as well, so I look forward to that, anyways, that's all I have... for now!

#4645 SnowMonkXV

SnowMonkXV

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Dusk Hunter
Quad Rayven, bonus digital goodies.

WRITE UP LINK
http://nerfhaven.com...t=0#entry335933

All Pics Slideshow
http://s818.photobuc...nkXV/slideshow/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by SnowMonkXV, 14 December 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#4646 ACnerfshop

ACnerfshop

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Triple Cylinder Maverick
Posted Image

Two Crossbows
Posted Image

1 1/2" Plunger Tube, AT2K Integration
Posted Image

1 1/8" Plunger Tube
Posted Image

#4647 Sam-underscore

Sam-underscore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

My Rapidstrike modification:
Posted Image
Has a vinyl dye paintjob(thanks coop), rewire, locks removed, and 3 ultrafires. Very happy with it!

P.S. Don't do a rapidstrike for your first flywheel blaster, trust me I learned the hard way that rapidstrikes suck if you don't have a bunch of experience.
You want Homemades? I make Homemades.
~le yootoob

#4648 Moldoux

Moldoux

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

Posted Image
Not too shabby for my first paint jobs ever.

#4649 Bbdude

Bbdude

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

Pretty clean paintjob Moldoux, however I would recommend painting the sides of the bolt sled. The yellow doesn't match too well :P

Heres some of my recent work.

Internal Pump Action w/ Brass Breech LS. Second trigger is linked to the clip release for quick reload/easy reload for left handed shooters (like myself)
Posted Image

Brassed Recon
Posted ImagePosted Image

9v Barricade
Posted Image

Brassed Spectre
Posted Image

Edited by Bbdude, 19 December 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#4650 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

Rapidstrike
- Basic modifications
Posted Image

Crossbow (to be clear, the lettering is KBK not KKK)
- Replaced internals, full draw [k26] spring, LEDs, sexy air seal, shoots fucking lasers.
Posted Image

5 duplicate Rapidstrikes
- Replaced motors + basic internal mods
Posted Image

Chopped Rapidstrikes
- Replaced motors, chopped shells, plus basic internal mods
Posted Image

Retaliator with Roughcut
- Retaliator internals replaced with Orange Mod Works stage 1 and stage 2 kits and the Roughcut springs were replaced with Orange Mod Works upgrade springs.
Posted Image

Stryfe
- Basic modifications
Posted Image

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users