Modification and Paintjob Pictures

POST PICTURES ONLY. How hard is that.

5162 replies to this topic

#4051 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:02 AM

Finished a BBB for my nephew, so he will have a solid backup primary for Cataclysm.

The plunger section is untouched - all mods are located in the pump-handle section of the blaster. It has a CPVC endcap (with a hole drilled in the back) attached to the front where the old barrel used to be. This allows the use of any type of barrel setup we want - single, speed loader, RSCB, etc. I also jammed a stub of CPVC into the rear of the old barrel, allowing the BBB to still fire the arrows it came with. Currently it is sporting an RSCB with a 9-inch clip.

Attached to the left side is the Nerf blaster portion of a Switch Shot WII controller. This one also features a CPVC endcap where the barrel used to be. This is added internally for almost zero dead space. The catch has a piece of plastic rod attached to it, with a "thumb plate" of epoxy putty at the bottom. It can be fired by reaching your thumb up from the pump-handle, pressing the catch up.

Posted Image

One issue I ran into when using an RSCB was the fact that the orange plunger cap is free-turning, which left the RSCB to drop down onto your hand while in use. To solve this, I grabbed a piece of PVC from an old laundry sorter which had a head similar to the end of PVC conduit (flared to the point where it fits PVC inside like a built-in coupler). I cut off the end and trimmed it to make a clip for the RSCB to hold it in place.

Posted Image

You can see the clip for the RSCB a bit better in this image.

Posted Image
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#4052 kidame tomanaka

kidame tomanaka

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

Posted Image
My first actual image post, I made a demon fang, It needs some more work still,
Posted Image
I strapped a AT2K turret with shaved down thick walled PETG barrels gooped into place.

Edited by kidame tomanaka, 24 May 2012 - 08:05 PM.

FLY #YOLOBOW FLY!
Wars Attended: NENO-CT 1-13 APOC -NJ13' 14' 15' 16' Frozen Foam-NY 15' Plains- PA. 15'

#4053 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

Finnally got to posting these the day I go to sell them.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My first recon.

Posted ImagePosted Image

My take on the LongCon. Used to be bulkier but the front guns came off.

Questions comments flames just pm me. :D
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#4054 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

It's not quite done yet, but I present the Fabu-Manta...

Posted Image

Each side has it's own custom glass mosaic...

Posted Image

And it's all generously covered in clear resin.

Posted Image
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#4055 BOSS9

BOSS9

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

Posted Image

From ghetto to fabulous! Had to fix everything, including the tank (now reinforced). Rear loads on top.

#4056 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Just when you thought my Defender overhaul couldn't get any more badass, it DID.

Posted Image

That's two SSPB's with CPVC barrels on each side where the original ammo holder was.

Posted Image

I had the idea to do this before I ever posted the original writeup, but unfortunately I only had one SSPB and all the nearby stores were out of stock. So I finally got one and slapped it on!

Posted Image

Its like the gun was made for them! In case you were wondering what screws those are mounting them on, its a 1" coarse thread drywall screw on each side. It only takes one and its rock solid. Three shots out of one gun!
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#4057 JordanGuy

JordanGuy

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

I couldn't find out how to get on a good picture so here is a video :( you'll have to skip to close to the end for a half decent shot of the gun.
Check out my youtube
GMOH, the new clan that is evidently nothing.

#4058 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

4BullPup - Embrace the Fugliness!

Posted Image

Small ring of 1" PVC has a Nerf shell screw driven into it. the top of the 4B pump handle has a small hole formed in it, and the handle shell pried apart so it grips the screw. Who cares if it's loose? The whole point is the ring stays on the handle.

Why the ring? The piece of 3/4" PVC clamped to the barrel is the max extension for the pump handle.

Posted Image

Trigger detail. The trigger is a zip-tie. The stand-off is a wood screw driven into the PVC, then the head bolt-cut off. A piece of brass is screwed over it, and a screw eye is dropped into the end to keep the zip-tie in place. Lastly, the whole mess is mummified in duct tape.

Oh, and that zip-tie flapping in the wind? It's my 'sight'. :)

Posted Image

Airflow detail. The 4B already came with a PVC coupler attached, so there's a 90-degree CPVC elbow malletted into the coupler, and then a small (Nerf shell) screw driven into it to secure it. The rest of it is pressure-fit. I never know how long I'll want to keep my blasters in one configuration.
Fugly is a feature.

#4059 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

Xbow with internals built by Andtheherois, using a rainbow catch. Has a six inch draw and shoots very consistently.
Aluminium plunger rod has been replaced with a polycarb one, which performs significantly better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4060 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

Posted Image

^I love this pic.
-----
The following are pictures of my friend in Cosplay (My group of friends cosplays, it's fun, fuck you), posing with her Big Blast, a birthday gift made by me. She's loves her Sailor Jupiter cosplay which is why the Big Blast is painted as such. Did she have to wear the costume? No, that was simply for my amusement. She is also part of my clan.

Standard mods done to the Big Blast, adjustable OPRV. Internal coupler. etc. Works amazingly. She was scary on the field with a Loaner 4B so having a dedicated 4B should make her a lot more fearsome.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sadly it started raining outside as we were getting read so we defaulted to the basement...and then it stopped raining a few minutes after she was out of her costume and turned into a beautiful day. Regardless, it'll see plenty of use this summer. Expect to see it for APOC.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#4061 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

Oooooo.

Long live Crossbows.
Posted Image

Even though Sceptors are the best.
Posted Image

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#4062 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Posted Image

27-round drum (unless I can figure out a new follower, which I'm not currently planning to do.)
Fugly is a feature.

#4063 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image
Pretty sure I haven't posted this here. It's a singled 2K with an aluminum tank and functional suppressor.

http://roboman.comoj.com/2K%20silencer.mp3
That's an audio file of two shots - first is without the suppressor, second is with it.

Posted Image
The top is suppressed, bottom is not.

Edited by roboman, 08 June 2012 - 06:14 PM.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#4064 Gelly213

Gelly213

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

This is my modified 'X-blaster', this was the first gun i bought to modify but never got around to it til this week, could never find out where this gun originally was from as i got it off Ebay for £0.99! completely redone the body adding a stock back end, large LED head torch and a few layers of paint Hope you enjoy the before and after photos :)

Posted Image

#4065 Funky Mutha Facko

Funky Mutha Facko

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

Funk n' Pump

Tank expanded pump replaced secret strike pocket blaster (sspb)

Posted Image

Posted Image

With supa nice dart door that only costs a fraction of what a ball valve does and reloads much faster.
Posted Image
HARDCORE NERF!

#4066 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Mo' real guns!

Posted Image

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#4067 clownieX

clownieX

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

For my friends 5 year-old’s birthday. He’s a Nerf/Bumblebee freak.

MODS:
• O-Ring/Seal Improvement
• AR Removal
• Custom Paint Job

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4068 hamoidar

hamoidar

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Just finished modding my vintage super soaker Max-D 6000.
Mods done:
CPVC coupler
Air tank plugging
Water tank removed
Minor shell modification

Finally, some pictures.

Posted Image

CPVC coupler and barrel:

Posted Image

Here is where the water tank used to be:

Posted Image
NerfHaven > Your control panel > Profile > Change Signature > Inserts dumb sig > What! No pictures! > Inserts next best thing: http://nerfhaven.com...howuser=114052' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>Best thing on Nerfhaven!

#4069 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:36 PM

Results of a hard night with Koree till 1AM.

Posted Image

#4070 BOSS9

BOSS9

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

National Geographic Roto Rocket. Has the coolest valve mechanism ever, and super efficient. Comparable tank volume to a Titan or Jobar.

My friend sawed the tank in half.

Posted Image

All solvent-welded together.

Posted Image

A 1" coupler and 1" x 1/2" bushing form the coupler.

#4071 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

Why'd your friend vivisect the tank?

===

I found that the ghetto-trigger from my first 4BullPup tended to bleed the valve badly. To address this, I present the 4BullPup-1A. Valve releases so quickly, it sounds like a gunshot. NF is completely non-functional. I'm just using it for the PR, PH, spring, and catch. This is it ready-to-fire.

Using the ghetto-lever trigger's zip-tie, and a cross of zip-ties so it slides when primed. Lever trigger has an extension spring to keep it closed when primed. 3/4" PVC screwed and epoxied to the front handle (and then zip-tied for added aesthetic insult). It pushes against the grey 1/2" PVC ring on first pump stroke, which is wasted. Subsequent pump strokes, it slides freely along the 1/2" CPVC guide rod.

On a fugly note, I love how everything is not parallel.

Posted Image

===

To make up for double-post below, here's a shot of the balancing point for the 4BullPup-1A:

Posted Image

The previous one had the handle at the end of the PT and was very back-heavy. This one is perfectly balanced, but the stock throw from back to the trigger is only 10.5".

Edited by taerKitty, 18 June 2012 - 03:26 PM.

Fugly is a feature.

#4072 Funky Mutha Facko

Funky Mutha Facko

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

Today seemed like a re-shell kinda day. Here is another secret strike pocket blaster with pump replacement and tank expansion, and this time it's inside a recon's red dot tactical rail attachment. Thank you again iamthatcat for the original write-up.

The orange tip from the light fits perfectly over the sch 80.
Posted Image

Here she is rockin a hopper.
Posted Image

on an alpha trooper
Posted Image

Works beautifully on a switchshot. With that tiny handle it is easy to keep your pinky ready to fire.
Posted Image
HARDCORE NERF!

#4073 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

Wow, you managed to make the Switch Shot's tac-rail actually useful!

===

4BullPuppified Spy Gear Missile (not Signal) Launcher. Basically a 4B.

I took care of the offset pump by epoxying a bridge of CPVC between the nubs. Very good fit.

Posted Image

Fugly is a feature.

#4074 nine

nine

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

Put a 1.5 inch sink drain in a Recon, replaced the catch, angel breeched it and added a normal plunger.

Posted Image

Looks almost stock with the faux barrel:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Primed:

Posted Image

Everyone hates engineers because they listen to what you say and then think about it.

Check out my YouTube!

#4075 Man of the trout

Man of the trout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

hey man that gun looks boss. especially the paint job

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 20 June 2012 - 11:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users