Paintjob Question

6 replies to this topic

#1 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:30 PM

I have a question about my NF's paintjob. It's got one coat of model paint that sticks to it really well, then a glossy overcoat, but I'd like to give it one more coat of the original paint to make it a little darker. Would I have to scrape off the original paint and redo it or can I paint over the finish?

Thanks.
SexD Warves

#2 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:56 PM

I'm pretty sure you don't have to take off the old paint. Just if it's flaking. Have you seen mine lately? Well anyway what I did was just painted over the old paint then give it some more layers so it won't chip off and just chip the top layer of the one color. Making any sense?
Just spray paint over the whole gun (Marking off sections you don't want painted) Then give it some more layers. Next add the metalic flake or what ever your other color is. Then give that some more coats.

If you can understand anything I just said, because it makes no sense it should work. Or atleast for mine.....Talk to me on AIM or AOL and I'll tell you more. Here are some pics or what I did... Kinda

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just painted over my old PJ and gave it alot of layers. This makes it so the white nor black will chip off easily.

Edited by Sqiggs89, 19 October 2005 - 06:35 PM.

Been a while.
#bro

#3 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:44 PM

That is one rad Nite Finder Sqiggs. Did you just use a basic saw to cut off the battery-holder part?

#4 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:19 PM

Thank you for the complement but I didn't want to steal the thread. I simply wanted to show im what I did. Please PM me with questions you have about the gun. I might post this NF and my other NF in the pinned thread. not make my own (Forgot about the pinned threads). You can ask me any additional questions you have in it. I'll PM oyu with the answers to your question.

Edited by Sqiggs89, 20 October 2005 - 07:23 PM.

Been a while.
#bro

#5 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:45 PM

Hey Squiggs, is that the size of the barrel, or do you have an extention?
But, I like it! Really cool! ^_^

Edited by Ronster, 20 October 2005 - 08:55 PM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 20 October 2005 - 08:50 PM

It's coupler modded like mine. That's just the coupler, I assume his actual barrel is about 4".

So Sqiggs, you're saying I could paint over the overcoat?
SexD Warves

#7 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:46 AM

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Give it a few more layers so it won't chip off. But not too much or the paint and stuff will drip and flake. Just enough so if it does chip you'd just be at the next layer. I'll explain it more at school. But that's how I did mine and it looks nice.
Been a while.
#bro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users