Increase the size of your air tank

5 replies to this topic

#1 friendlyfire

friendlyfire

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 07:34 PM

Hey,
Right off the bat I am going to say that I am not sure if anyone has done this, but I am not laying claim to the mod. I will try to get pictures but I cant guarantee anything.
I just recently purchased that BB, Blast Bazooka. I heard that the accuracy was amazing, and wow. It really is. I modded it, changed the barrel, you know the easy stuff. The accuracy improved, but my stefans were barely getting any range and the velocity couldve been better. I researched some solutions, but I couldnt find any. So I created my own solution.
I attached a 20 oz (size doesnt matter) bottle directly into the air tank. I epoxied the edges to seal it, duck taped the bottle for more strength, and I had a good mod. The guns velocity is sick, its distance is greatly improved, and better yet, the accuracy is even BETTER!
For ten bucks, hell yeah, this gun is great. I can even hit a 3 inch circle drawn on a chalk board from about 35 to 40 feet away. Overall distance, I have not yet measured, but it gets at least 85 feet. Probably over 100 feet. That explains about everything. If you have any questions just reply.

#2 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:03 PM

Well, 35-40' isn't really what you would expect from a BB, but whatever floats your boat.
I believe that on a standard air tank, you would be able to get 85+' anyways, so I thank you might of messed up on something. How long are your darts? What are the weight that you used? With a 20 oz bottle on your tank, I think you would get insane and unrealistic ranges. Don't take this as an insult to your craftsmanship, but the data givin just doesn't add up. Good job anyway.

Edited by murakumo32, 18 October 2005 - 08:03 PM.

Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#3 friendlyfire

friendlyfire

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for replyin. I havent really measured any of the ranges, but you are right. I said that the accuracy was amazing up to 40 feet because that is the farthest i have tested. I am sure I could hit the same target from much farther away. Im going to test the ranges soon, and I should get over 100 feet. But now a question for you, I am not sure if you have a BB, but what size and weights of darts would you recomend I use for maximum distance?

#4 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:05 PM

I do in fact have a Blast Bazooka. I use 1.5" stefans with 1/4 steel shots(?). I think a 2" stock dart with a stefan tip would be your best option. If I'm wrong, somebody correct me.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#5 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:30 PM

I use 1.5" stefans with size 7/0 split shot sinkers and I am getting 110' plus with deadly accuracy up to about 50'. It's still accurate after that, just not as accurate.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#6 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:31 PM

The Blast Bazooka is my current primary. Murakumo, I also use 1.5" stefans with 1/4" Steel Shot wieghts. I use a 12" 9/16 OD Brass barrel. The coupler on the gun is a 1/2" sch. 40 PVC coupler with a piece of 19/32" OD Brass in the middle, so that the 9/16" barrel slides right in. To load the gun, I just put the stefan in the rear of the barrel and then screw in the barrel.

When I range tested, I got between 100' and 123' consistantly, with no mod to the tank itself (only the trigger). I thought that was a little high. In reality, I found out that my while the coupler is centered side-to-side, it angles the barrel upward. With a level shot, the range will be less.

Unlike you, I can't say that I've found this gun to be very accurate. With my 12" barrel, which works better than the 8" one I had before, I only shoot at people 60' away, closer if they're moving fast.

Here's some pics of my LBB:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users