New Stefans And Shotgun Idea

just another way

12 replies to this topic

#1 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 04:50 PM

A couple weeks ago, I was fooling around while making darts and decided to try somthing new... and it worked!!! Here's what I did. Instead of dropping a BB or fishing weight in the small hole, I put some sculpties clay in the hole and flatened it over the top so it wouldn't mess up the hot glue. I also made my darts one and one fourth inches long instead of like two or two and a half. These turned out to work realy well. I suggest you mae a couple and try my idea for a shotgun.

Okay, now heres my shotgun idea and it works too. Make some of those darts above and shove about four of them in one PVC barrel modded AT2000. Pump it a couple of times and fire. The accuracy realy sucks, so dose the distance, but if you're close to the guy, they can't dodge it. Pretty cool eh?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

Behold. Helping Bunny on his way, one signiture at a time.

#2 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:17 PM

If you really want a shotgun effect, use half inch stefans. That clay is a good idea. I should really try it.
Ride it like it's stolen.

#3 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:19 PM

Wow your a genius. I can't believe none of us have ever thought of making shorter darts or putting more than one dart in a barrel before![/sarcasm]

Countless nerfers have done this in the past.

You might be the first to use clay as a weight. Congratulations.
Sup?

#4 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 05:47 PM

If you really want a shotgun effect, use half inch stefans.

I totally agree with that statement. I shove 6 half-inchers in a barrel for my BBB and it's unstoppable close range.
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#5 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:46 PM

I never thought of using clay. Good thought!
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#6 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

See! See! Noobs DO have good ideas sometimes!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#7 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:23 PM

My friend used to use clay as a weight way back when. He didnt like the idea of using metal weights. Then he finally realised teh clay was too light of a weight and we werent really shooting metal at eachother.

#8 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 05:53 AM

The clay isn't ment to hurt. I use this because it is cheaper. This is jut a suggestion, I now people like to make it hurt. (not sarcasim)

Edited by Nerfnewbie, 15 October 2005 - 05:54 AM.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#9 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 10:32 AM

Is clay actually cheaper? Metal wieghts are sold, if I am remembering correctly, for something like 200 of them for under three dollars. I'm talking about 1/4" steel shot here.
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#10 darkmills

darkmills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:39 AM

Where would you buy clay anyways? The only stuff I see is the colored stuff from crayola, and it's pretty darn expensive.
I'M THE MAJORITY OF THE MINORITY FOLKS!!!

#11 Nerfnewbie

Nerfnewbie

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:57 AM

I buy clay for like five bucks and it's a full one foot long, one inch deep, and about half afoot wide. Go to your local craft shop or Target store and buy 'sculpties white clay'. It stays flexible and shapable until you bake it, but you don't need to bake it for darts. You don't even need over a centineter of clay to mae a good dart.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )

#12 Caleb

Caleb

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:42 AM

I used clay before but it didn't really help all that much. Bbs might be cheaper I think.

Caleb
Noone lives forever... Especially when I rush them with my maverick.

-Caleb-

#13 nerfisfun

nerfisfun

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:07 PM

Is clay actually cheaper? Metal wieghts are sold, if I am remembering correctly, for something like 200 of them for under three dollars. I'm talking about 1/4" steel shot here.

I got 1500 for 3$ at the local meijer, copperheads, they work fine.
QUOTE ( N-Strike agent 007)
  You posted a link to the forum rule in my thread and I nearly threw my computer out the window. Thats like giving some one a demerit in school and not telling them why just handing them a list of rules because you are TO LAZEY to tell them why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users