It works well...

5 replies to this topic

#1 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:54 PM

PUMP ACTION CLIP DESIGN

I came up with this idea after my latest war. It utilizes a gravity-fed clip, and a barrel that moves in a way similar to a pump-action rifle.

Note: My tested one is a three-round clip that I have attached to a red AT2K. Ranges with the clip are:

117’
108’
100’

Ranges without were consistently around 100’ with 2” darts with a good-sized dome of hot glue.

HOW TO USE

You pull the 8” CPVC barrel forward, exposing the underlying piece of PVC at the bottom of the clip. Take 5 darts, and load them with the weighted end facing away from the coupler into the clip. It works best and with the least amount of difficulties if you use 2” darts, since the clip’s diameter is around 2.1”, thus mostly preventing the dart from turning and jamming. Once the five darts are evenly in the clip, you can put a cap on the clip to prevent the darts from falling out. You pull back on the barrel, which takes a dart and shoves it into the back of the clip’s barrel and into the front of the gun’s barrel. The barrel attaches to the coupler also, making a seal. Prime the gun, and fire. Push the barrel forward, which causes a dart to fall down, and then pull back, chambering the dart. Prime, fire. Repeat until the clip is empty, and reload.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The pictures above are of my second one, a five-round, detachable clip for a clan member. I’ve briefly tested it with other weapons, and it works best for an AT2K, due to the long 8” barrel, plus whatever existing barrel the gun has.

If anyone wants detailed instructions (without pics, sorry) PM me. Just as a forewarning, you will need…

7” of ½” PVC
8” of ½” CPVC
Hammer
Dremel multi-tool (THIS IS A MUST!)
About 4-6 sticks of hot glue
1 ½” CPVC coupler
Some 1 mm balsa wood.

If anyone has questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to voice them here.

~Sinfil

Edited by Sinfil, 20 November 2005 - 07:10 AM.

Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  • State:Virginia

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:15 PM

Very nice. Did you have to sand down the CPVC a lot with the Dremel to get it to slide in the barrel? I was going to wait to get some brass to do this with my 3B, but since it performs good enough for me and I'm already using a PVC coupler with it and a CPVC barrel, now that I know it's doable I think I'll try it. Thanks a lot Sinfil.

My idea was to have 9/16" brass inside PVC in a coupler over the stock barrel stub. Then I would have a clip just like yours, and you'd pull the brass, load it like yours, but when you push it back it will go into the barrel stub snugly and make a seal. What do you think?

Good idea.
SexD Warves

#3 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:28 PM

I actually sanded down the PVC instead of the CPVC barrel, since if I did that, it wouldn't create a very good seal with the coupler.

Your idea should work, and if you choose to use my idea with a BBB, be sure to make the barrel shorter, since you need a length of CPVC behind the coupler connected to an air source of the gun. But I see no reason why yours shouldn't work, as long as you have something that allows the darts to stop against below the barrel, so that they can be pushed into the barrel. In other words, a loose nest.

Any other questions or comments?

~Sinfil
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:02 PM

Nerfmonkey, search for mine if you need any help getting started... It worked out well for me, so if you can't figure out sizes or something it might help.

~ompa

#5 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:49 PM

If you’re interested in a time savor, you could use bolts idea of the top receiver spring. The one that pulls the bolt back. You could attach it on the underside of the front barrel and have it retract on its own.
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#6 Dr Nerf

Dr Nerf

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:10 AM

I really like the idea that this design works without the "shells". After building my second homemade, I quickly found out that shells are serious restrictors and complicate things a lot. But I believe that it would not have been hard to build a real bolt. Building a bolt is not to hard, you just need some O-rings, PVC and a PVC coupler. I just don't think that you can brag bolt action when it lacks a bolt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users