The Cliff's Notes Edition

53 replies to this topic

#1 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:11 PM

The date IS set, So is the location, Therefore this will be devoted to getting everyone and their mom to show up.

The Hard Facts:

What: NARF World Conquest 1, The First SoCal Multi-Clan Nerf War Of 2006

When: January 6th (that's not so long from now), I want it to start Sometime around 10-11 AM, till we feel like ending it.

Where: The Horsetheif Canyon Housing Comunity Lower Park In Corona CA.

Here's the Adress so you can mapquest/google maps it:
Shotgun Trail Rd
Corona, CA 92883

Pics Of The Lovely Location:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There You Go, Now Start Letting me know if you can make it, You Have 2 months notice...

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 27 December 2005 - 01:12 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#2 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:15 AM

Posted Image

Love that one...lol.

Our vote is for the park. Losing darts is something we're acquainted with (see beginning of Spring CAFF 2005 video) but we'd prefer not to. Our darts are a little more expensive than most people's to make.
Alongside that, the park is pretty much what the Narfers and the Knights are used to. Every war we've been at (the both of us, excluding Armageddon) has had a jungle gym. Who wants to mess with tradition?

You can probably count on all 15 of us trying to make it. We're really hoping (as all 15 of us have never been in the same 1 sq mile at the same time before). This afternoon (when I'm at my computer at home, when I have a calendar, instead of in m 1st period CAD class) I'll put up all the dates that we don't have a band competition as well as the weeks of our christmas/winter break.

By two months from now, I'd say we all will pretty much be settled on our final Arsenals, which means there'd be very few revolving guns going on in our group. Cool, huh?

Oh, and if you settle for the park, would you like us to load up nightwing's truck with a dozen trash cans again? Because we can...

Edited by Falcon, 04 October 2005 - 10:16 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#3 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:06 PM

I like the playground, urban areas are my favorite but I'm cool with any war within SoCal. Corona's a little further than Irvine right? (coming from San Diego area) I'll get a head count soon too.
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#4 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:34 PM

Actualy, Corona May be closer for you, just up the 15 freeway.

#5 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:13 AM

Okay, in terms of winter break:

For the knights, our break starts (as in the first day we have off is) December 23rd. That's a Friday, but it's way too close to christmas. However, the 31st may be a good day to go with (a week later on saturday. I'm pretty sure most of the knights would be done with their family stuff for christmas and would be back in town. I know I'll be at home.

Anything later (like in the 1st week of January) may work out well also, but most likely nothing before the 31st. I'll talk to them starting today and find out what dates in break the majority of them will be around for. Should have a general consensus by tomorrow.
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#6 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:21 AM

Okay, as of right now, January 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th, with a possibility of the seventh are looking like they'll be open for most of us. I'll give updates as more refined date options come in. Then we'll be able to narrow it down. However, the first week of our winter break is just too close to christmas, so everyone would most likey be with family. The second week (which is in January) looks pretty open.

What dates are okay for the rest of you guys? Silent Merc? Bags, do you know anything from any of the Narfers yet?

Edited by Falcon, 06 October 2005 - 10:21 AM.

----------||||||||)

#7 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:35 AM

I hate to tease you guys like this, but there is a small, slim, outside chance that I could be there.

VT is #3 in College Football, if we move up and into the Rose Bowl (National Championship) in Pasadena, I might be in the area. From the looks of Google maps, I'll be within 50 miles of your general area, if I go.

I dont know how the finances look as of right now, but I'll brief you guys as the season continues. If I can manage to intern at the same place I did over the summer during my winter break, the cash flow may look feasible.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#8 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:38 AM

Sweet deal. I hope you can manage it.

I'm expecting a sudden flood of people (ie. Cx, Spoon, ray, etc.) to suddenly decide they want to come.

No offense to any of you, it's just funny.
----------||||||||)

#9 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:40 AM

Cosmo and I both seem to be good for sometime within the jan 2nd-jan 6th window. I'm sure all the members of NARF that are still in HS will be good, it's just all us college guys that i'm not sure of.

#10 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:59 PM

I might make it, it all depends on if I'm doing anything on those dates and if I can get a ride.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#11 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 04:42 PM

Cool, the more the merrier!!!

UPDATE!!!

Adress for the horsetheif canyon lower park:

Shotgun Trail Rd
Corona, CA 92883

the wooded area is all the way up Horsetheif canyon road, at the verry top where it intercets with Mountain rd the second time you can move around on Google Maps and see it.

-bags

#12 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 05:00 PM

I'm expecting a sudden flood of people (ie. Cx, Spoon, ray, etc.) to suddenly decide they want to come.

Dude, Shinny might be there?! I'm *SO* going to come!
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#13 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 08:49 PM

YAY!!!! Sarcasm!

Honestly, mr. cxwq sir? would you consider comming?

#14 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:26 AM

I will absolutely consider it. I drove out to the 909 for Inland Invasion so I should be able to manage for a nerf war.

The main problem for me is a hella busy schedule and having difficulties planning things that far in advance but that applies to any war. I really wanted to attend the last Glendora war, but shit came up.

I'm going to try to run a late November YANO so early January would be a nice time for a war.

#15 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:00 AM

Cool, It would be great if you could come.

Alright, Narrowing Down the dates again. IT's going to either be on firday the 6th or saturday the 7th.

#16 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:13 PM

saturday the 7th.

It would greatly increase my chance of attendance if it were on a Saturday. I'm starting a new job in two weeks and I don't know how much vacation time I'm going to have at that point.

#17 Voodoo Assasin

Voodoo Assasin

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:36 PM

hey why not do Narf world conqest in a wooded area the a urban area. because I like to be in the nature. :ph34r:
A sign of a good nerfer is there is darts everywhere and the smell of oreo's.

#18 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:22 PM

hey why not do Narf world conqest in a wooded area the a urban area. because I like to be in the nature. :ph34r:

We're using a PARK, not exactaly urban... and the wooded area is our Back-up, it's only like 3 blocks from the park. so we might use it, I'm pretty sure It'll be @ the park though because I can rent it out. I just have to get a date pinned down, and go sceg it with my local homeowner's scociety...

#19 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:42 PM

that was wierd. Stupid thing double-posted half of what I had typed...

I'll make this post productive. I finished Apollo's 1500 finally this morning, so that's done. I'm getting my paycheck tomorrow, so there'll be money orders in the mail by the end of the day. W007. Then, of course, I then have to mod them all. Phooey.

How's the setting up of YOUR clan's guns coming, Bags?

Edited by Falcon, 10 October 2005 - 04:50 PM.

----------||||||||)

#20 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:45 PM

hey why not do Narf world conqest in a wooded area the a urban area. because I like to be in the nature. :(

Voodoo...

What can I say?

Two things primarily:

1) stop using the ninja smiley. It gets annoying.

2) we've been over this before. We've nerfned in wooded areas before, and we've lost hundreds of darts, not to mention gone home with our legs breaking out in hives (or whatever that junk was...)

Urban areas/parks will always really be better for nerf stuff. Plain and simple. This is NOT airsoft, and this is NOT paintball. We have to RE-USE our ammunition. Remember?

It's all good. Just don't forget it.

Cx, we'd like to see you there. The 7th is probably going to end up being the best date for us. What about you guys?

Edited by Falcon, 10 October 2005 - 04:45 PM.

----------||||||||)

#21 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:35 PM

Yeah, I'm totaly Going For the 6Th as the date. I've only been able to pin down PILZ, Cosmo, Shwa, Tre, and myself, but the date should be good for most, only the servants of the "Evil Dairy Empire" will have some difficulty...but other than that we should be good. I'll be sending e-mails out shortly to my crew.

How's the setting up of YOUR clan's guns coming, Bags?

Weaponry-wise the "ShatterFoam"-Pilz's now brass/petg-ed 4k (Shatterstone is Pillz's other nickname thingy) is now quite unholy. Shwa's "ShwaTooth" is still in development, but it'll be sporting a cool new clip concept.

I'm working on 'ol doomcookie, so that I can rock my personal fav gun again. and one of our newer members, Flowbee, is also sporting a UBS modded 2k, I call it The DoomieClone...

everyone else is going to be sporting something much less impressive, yaknow singled 2ks, crayolaed 3ks, or double NFs, oh and i have a guy who uses first shots.

-bags

Edited by baghead, 27 December 2005 - 01:13 PM.

#22 The Infinite Shindig

The Infinite Shindig

Arma-what-now?

• Contributors
  • 1,383 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:53 PM

Since the date is the 7th, I better inform you guys of this now so I don't leave you hanging. I cannot attend a war on the 7th. Don't consider adjusting the date, because my attendance would be up in the air as is. I hope to catch you all at Armageddon next summer.

Have a good war guys. It would have been nice to be in SoCal for at least a couple of days during January. Beats dismal NJ winters for sure.
Shindig of the Lawn Chair Mafia

<a href="http://www.albinobla.../flash/posting" target="_blank">Posting and You</a>

#23 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:09 PM

Awww....Too Bad, well no use crying over a lost shindig...

I am officialy seting this for the 6th.

Edited by baghead, 27 December 2005 - 01:13 PM.

#24 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:10 PM

Dismal?!

When do you become a pussy Paul?
I hate you.

#25 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:21 AM

7th is it, then. We're good to go. Got it up on the HQ, and in the group as well. We're set. Now I can stop checking this thing, and just make more guns...

Oh joy.
----------||||||||)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users