Photo

Tri-barrel Secret Shot 1

12 replies to this topic

#1 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:13 PM

This writeup will show you how to rebarrel your Secret Shot 1 with 17/32 brass, and also add a third barrel.

Posted Image

Stuff you will need:

SS1
Dremel
12" of 17/32 brass
Pipe cutters
Goop
Super glue
A straw
Drill
5/32" drill bit

Posted Image

Open it up.

Posted Image

Take out this piece.

Posted Image

Cut the old barrel off, and the rubber tube.

Posted Image

Drill into the empty spot with the 5/32" drill bit. Also drill into the spot where the secondary barrel used to be because the hole is a little smaller there.

Posted Image

Super glue 1/4-1/2" of your straw on the empty spot. This makes rebarreling it easier.

Posted Image

Cut your brass into 4" pieces.

Posted Image

Goop the hell out of the orange piece then put your barrels on. Don't get any goop in the holes. I put a few drops of super glue down the middle of the barrels to hold them in place.

Posted Image

Cut the half of the SS1 shell where you need the barrel selector to go.

Posted Image

Dremel the inside so the barrels will fit. leave as much plastic as possible where the orange piece goes back in so that it stays in place.

Posted Image

Add some hot glue to the front to stabilize the barrels and you're done. If you want to wrap e-tape around the plunger head then do so. If you can find a good spring replacement then use it. With a spring replacement mine gets 40-50' flat.

Posted Image

Edited by oodalumps, 10 October 2008 - 07:08 PM.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

Very clever. Excellent work.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

Wow! This is cool! I've loved the secret shot. When you range tested, was there any difference in range between the barrels? (Noticable, not just simple range difference)

Edited by Bomberman, 26 September 2008 - 06:17 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#4 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:17 PM

Nicely done. That is all I have to say.

#5 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:22 PM

I like it. If I ever find mine I'll probably be doing this to it.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#6 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for the compliments everybody.

Wow! This is cool! I've loved the secret shot. When you range tested, was there any difference in range between the barrels? (Noticable, not just simple range difference)

On my first one, the third barrel got 40-45', while the others got 50'. The one I made in this writeup has more uniform ranges.

Edited by oodalumps, 26 September 2008 - 06:50 PM.

#7 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

Nice work.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#8 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

Very simple, very clever.
If I ever find a SS1, this is definitely the thing I'm going to do with it.
It's nice to see more mods of the Secret Shot series. When I did the SS2, I think the mods in the directory for these wonderful blasters could be counted on the fingers of one hand.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#9 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:13 PM

So.... it's a turreted Secret Shot?

Very cool. I've always loved how "nerfy" these blasters look, and that's pretty good range, too. But I must ask, is it accurate? Is it awkward at all to hold? Is it comfortable? And how exactly do you switch the barrels(as in, how does the mechanism work?)
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#10 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:41 PM

So.... it's a turreted Secret Shot?

Very cool. I've always loved how "nerfy" these blasters look, and that's pretty good range, too. But I must ask, is it accurate? Is it awkward at all to hold? Is it comfortable? And how exactly do you switch the barrels(as in, how does the mechanism work?)

I wouldn't say the gun in turreted because the plunger tube spins instead of the barrels. You move the ammo holder to select the barrel. It's very accurate and it's pretty easy to hold.

#11 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:44 AM

Very Nice. Mine was an Effeminate fail , but I think the straw will help when I get a new one. This is great. And also to those who asked this gun is VERY comfy in your hand. I would say better than a NF.

#12 ace of nerf

ace of nerf

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:37 AM

Ah shit, I hate to necro things. But, was the replacements spring found in an old box at home, or at a hardware store? If it was an ACE spring, what number was it? Also, At the end of the plunger, should I use petroleum jelly to lube the E-tape? The pipe cutters bend my brass a tad, and now the darts don't fit as well. Should I use a dremel to re-cut the brass? Now that all the questions are out of the way, I modified one of the 2 secret shots I have with this modification. It has shown major improvement and worked for me well. Expect a post in the Modification/paintjob thread from me soon.

Edited by ace of nerf, 26 December 2008 - 12:38 AM.

Kid Flash "I mainly wanted the balls."

#13 mrcrouse1

mrcrouse1

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 10:23 AM

Um... You could have not necro'd by simply sending him a message...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users