Photo

Seen FF VII Advent Children Yet?

25 replies to this topic

Poll: Seen FF VII Advent Children Yet?

Seen FF VII Advent Children Yet?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:42 PM

I downloaded it the other day and watched it. O dead god, it was amazing. I was lucky enough to get it in Divx quality. The animation was flawless and the story was superb.

FF VII was my favorite game I have ever played, I just rebeat it a couple months ago, I plan on buying the DVD when it comes out for this movie.

If you never played the game, I would suggest doing so. The movie relies heavily on the story in the game. If you would rather not play the game, you can still enjoy the insanely awefucksome battle scenes.
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#2 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:44 PM

Linkage? I love the game so far, but haven't the time to finish it. I'm near the end of the first disc. I know, I've got a long ways to go.

TS

#3 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:53 PM

When does it actually come out?
I heard it was coming stait to DVD... Is that so?
If its half as good as you say it is, it would be killer on the big screen!
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#4 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:57 AM

Ya, only on DVD. As awesome as it would be on big screen, I can understand why they wouldn't put it there. It is only really awesome for FF VII fans as it continues the story, so there would be so many people dissapointed with the movie. This way, the people who liked the game will buy the DVD, but people who don't have a clue what it is will pass on buying it.

I think it is being released in November, I am not sure.
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#5 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:17 AM

Technically, it is legal to download and distribute FF VII since it's not licensed here in the U.S. So the third option is kinda off. Anyways, Advent Children was kick ass. If you do download it, prepare for resolutions like you've never seen before, 1600x1024 or something crazy like that. The fight sequences are jawdropping, the C.G. animation, too real, and the story...You all know the holocaust? Well imagine the complete opposite. OMG, Yuffie and her rediculously high boots and her incredibly short shorts.....
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#6 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:33 PM

I watched the DVD @ a local anime importer, DAMN it was some of the purdiest Cg i've seen....i just wish i knew what the hell they were saying...those "english" subtitles were questionable...

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#7 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:45 PM

Try the full DVD rip. I've seen it, and it's awesome. Graphics are unmatched.

The english subtitles are fairly accurate.

~ompa

#8 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:54 PM

The one I downloaded had great subtitles. There where some weird spots with phrases and such, but for the most part the were completely accurate.
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#9 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:58 PM

What did you download it off of? Limewire? WinMX? Soulseek?

TS

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 04:23 PM

Well I've seen people have luck with torrent files and azureus.

~ompa

#11 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 11:28 PM

Azureus. I've had it a few weeks now.

I must say, it is a bit dissapointing to a non-FF watcher. I don't really know what's going on, and some of it's a bit outlandish to a newb like me. That, and I didn't have the program for the subtitles. Stunning CG though, the Church scene was just beautiful.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#12 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 02:18 AM

I watched it on my PSP, and yes, it was pretty nice. Too bad I've never played the game.

#13 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:16 AM

^ Hahahaha! That's great. Why do people watch AC when they haven't even played the game?

I saw it September 13th. This is very old news.

Edited by Crappy Nerfer, 10 October 2005 - 04:18 AM.

"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#14 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:49 AM

This is very old news.

Old to you maybe. However this is the first post about FFVII I came up with in the search, other than ompa showing us the swords for sale

I got it from a torrent. IsoHunt
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#15 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:41 AM

Sorry if this sounds n00bish, but what do you do with a torrent file once you've downloaded it? I doubt I could just play it, what could I do to put it in a media type file form?

TS

#16 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:45 PM

Well I am a member of ACF... sorry but I can't really help you T_S. It takes a long time to type it all out and it is very confusing.
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

- Death

- nerfer34

#17 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:29 PM

Crappy, I haven't played the game, and I understood every reference the entire movie had. Why? Because I read 2 different posted storylines on FF7, each probably around 8 pages. Why? Because I felt like it.

~ompa

#18 charachu

charachu

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:29 PM

Grab a torrent client (Azureus, ABC, BitTornado, BitComet), open the torrent file in the client, and it should start downloading..or prompt you for a place to put it when it downloads. Wait a bit, and voila! FF:AC.

#19 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:48 PM

Thanks char, I'll get on it.

ompa, I'd much rather play the game, but whatever boats your float man.

TS

#20 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:05 PM

Crappy, I haven't played the game, and I understood every reference the entire movie had. Why? Because I read 2 different posted storylines on FF7, each probably around 8 pages. Why? Because I felt like it.

~ompa

It's just I have been playing the game since 1998 and new people watch it without playing the game and they don't understand what's going on. I just can't stand it. PLAY THE GAME BEFORE WATCHING THE MOVIE .

- Death

- nerfer34

#21 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 10:10 PM

It's just I have been playing the game since 1998 and new people watch it without playing the game and they don't understand what's going on. I just can't stand it. PLAY THE GAME BEFORE WATCHING THE MOVIE .

I've seen some Anime and most of it makes no sense to me. It's just fun to watch. Like the movie Akira, the first time I saw it I had no idea what was going on. Even after watching it 10 more times I still did not fully understand it. Eventually I read the comics and it made sense. What I'm trying to say is a movie can still be entertaining even if you have know idea what its really all about.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#22 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:49 PM

If you never played the game, I would suggest doing so. The movie relies heavily on the story in the game. If you would rather not play the game, you can still enjoy the insanely awefucksome battle scenes.

I agree with Darkshrimp.

Also--Akira is awesome
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#23 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:39 PM

Not only does the movie's plot rely on the long, twisted storyline of FF7, but little things that only game fans would truly enjoy are riddled throughout the action. For example, between the fight scenes almost all of the popular limit breaks are used. Tifa goes through each of hers in order in her fight with rude, and Cloud covers most of his in big fights as well. That and Rude's ringtone is only truly hilarious to those of us that spent hours slaving away at that game.

#24 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:08 PM

For example, between the fight scenes almost all of the popular limit breaks are used. Tifa goes through each of hers in order in her fight with LOZ

Sorry, had to.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 11 October 2005 - 07:08 PM.

#25 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:46 PM

For example, between the fight scenes almost all of the popular limit breaks are used. Tifa goes through each of hers in order in her fight with LOZ

Sorry, had to.

~ompa

PWNED . That was nice.

- Death

- nerfer34

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users