Simple Lbb Mod

I need help modding an LBB

11 replies to this topic

#1 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:37 PM

I plan on buying a Lanard Blast-Bazooka either today or tomorrow. I've got the cash for it and as far as I know, everything i need. I just need to know what things I should do to it that won't put a hole in my wallet and won't waste my time. (My time is worth $8 an hour so i don't wanna waste it.)
If you could, just post simple steps that I can take to make my LBB shoot upwards of 90' other than the blatently obvious.
Thanks in advance.
"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."
Hell you're lucky if you don't get fucked with a spiked bat

#2 The Large Moose

The Large Moose

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:52 PM

At the top of this page, you will find a "Modifications" link, after clicking it, scroll down till you see NerfHaven's very own LBB mod....
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005 @ 04:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens. Wierd.

"Ever have deja vu and amnesia at the same time? I think I have forgotten this before." -Unknown

#3 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 10:29 PM

Make sure the stock barrel is connected to the airtank air-tight. if its not seal it up with 5 minute epoxy :)

Edited by scientology, 10 September 2005 - 10:30 PM.

#4 Stalin05

Stalin05

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:51 PM

i have a modded lbb, would it be possible to overpressurize it, like any other pump gun? Granted, you would have to tear the tank apart, but still

#5 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:08 PM

i have a modded lbb, would it be possible to overpressurize it, like any other pump gun? Granted, you would have to tear the tank apart, but still

Yes, and it's not that hard, you just have to have some skill with a heat gun, of course that would require you to have a heat gun...

Opened, Carefully Heat up the Plastic with your heat gun, and very carefully remove the endcap, do this with extreme caution, one false move and your LBB's toast...
Posted Image

once safely opened, you can plug your air release valve
Posted Image

Then You can glue it back shut
Posted Image

Posted Image

BAM!!!

-bags

Edited by baghead, 10 October 2005 - 06:09 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#6 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:13 PM

Seeing how this topic is already necro'd and stuff, just a quick question. Does it take the usual amount of pumps to prime a LBB? Seeing how It's configured to fire larger ammunition and the like.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#7 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:46 PM

I have a LBB that I have modified to fire micro stefans. I usually pump nine times, which is all I really can considering that I haven't removed the air restrictor. It has a 1/2" PVC coupler, and the best range I've gotten is about 125', given that my mod has the barrel angled slightly upward.

Could you pump the gun less because it is only firing stefans instead of bulky foam missiles? Yes, you can. But in a war, unless you're really desperate, you're going to want to pump it that many times because that way you'll get greater range.
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#8 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:44 PM

I have the simplest LBB mod that could ever be executed. You don't even have to open the gun.

1. Take a piece of 3/4" cpvc, cause it fits like a glove over the stock barrel (I forget the length, but long enough to fit over the whole stock barrel.)
2. The cpvc is a bit loose, so hot glue/epoxy/plumber goop/etc. the stock barrel and slip the 3/4" cpvc over the stock barrel.
3. Take a long piece of 1/2" cpvc (Again, I forget the length) and a 3/4"-1/2" reducer and, well use your brain.

TA DA!!! You have a LBB that can shoot micros! The mod took me...1 minute at most cause I was looking for sufficient lengths of cpvc on my floor.

If you want to take it a step further, you could take some foam pipe insulator and layer it over the 3/4" cpvc to make it snug in the launch tube. You could also wrap a thin layer of duct tape over the new barrel and you can shoot the oversize pieces of ammo that came with your LBB too.

If you need pictures, your retarded. (Or I didn't explain it in a way that you cannot comprehend. Even so, your still retarded.)
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#9 Stalin05

Stalin05

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:32 PM

Hey thanks, i will try that, and also, i found a type of barrel that is unique, It is a 3/8" brass pipe nipple avaible at lowes. It comes in multiple lengths, but i picked 2.5". 3/8" is misleading as its inner diameter is nearly 1/2". It is threaded at both ends. It is the perfect size for 1/2" stefans or micro darts. And with the threads, you can easily screw on a silencer or other barrel. I have it connected to my LBB with a section of 3/4 cpvc, then a 3/4to1/2 thread adapter, then a black iron threaded reducer 1/2 to 3/8". Works great, and very, very accurate. Stock darts head's stick out of the end, only stefans fit inside, hence the 2.5" length

#10 Stalin05

Stalin05

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:46 PM

oh, and what exactly do you mean bye heat gun, how hot are we talking to break the glue

#11 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:54 PM

Hey Stalin for a powerful gun like the LBB you will want a longer barrel(ecspecially {sp?} air guns) 2.5" isn't going to have your darts go as far or as accurate. Try 8-10 inches.
Eagles may fly, but weasels don't get caught in jet engines.

Save gas, fart in a jar.

Formerly known as Nerfnoobc.

#12 Stalin05

Stalin05

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, i said it had threads, so i can screw on a silencer or a longer barrel, to make it interchangable, also, another barrel is a 1/2 copper repair coupling availible at lowes, good for stock micros, not so much stefans, comes in 6" or 12" lengths. remember, repair coupling, it is meant to slide over normal 1/2 copper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users