Painted Green & Black Crossbow W/ Matching Lnls

Hope ya like them.

14 replies to this topic

#1 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:29 PM

This is a copy-and-paste from the NHQ forums, since re-writing it all seemed rather pointless. Enjoy.
-------------------------------
So here, finally, is my modded painted Crossbow with matching dual LnLs. Been trying to get the LnLs painted for years, literally, but I finally finished them along with my Crossbow. I think I did a pretty good job; there's a small mistake here and there, but you only be so accurate with $1 masking tape and spraypaint. The shade of green looks lighter than it really is; its actually deeper, which you can see in a few of the pics. I went with green and black because green's my favorite color and black is an excellent complement. There's now pictured barrel with the Crossbow, because at the moment I am only using a 6" piece of Sch. 40 PVC; I've got the brass and so on for a nested barrel, I just haven't managed to do it yet. For the record, the LnLs get about 60 feet flat (also Sch. 40 PVC, though I don't plan on changing their barrels), and the Crossbow gets 80-85 feet; both are measured, firing flat. I've also added a sight at the front made from sheet aluminum; that was horrid to make with the hacksaw; it's in an L-Shape, so the elongated portion is underneath the shell, over the barrel; foam holds it in place perfectly. I'm also going to replace the springs before much longer, which should boost the range considerably. Without further ado...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
(Does it not look like a starship out of some sci-fi series?)

Posted Image
(I'll be adding duct tape to the front later)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
(And now it's time to play, "Name That Game!" Hints: there's a movie coming out for it soon, there are now three games in the series, and my buddy is holding the flashlight behind me.)

One will notice that there are few screws in the Crossbow and one of the LnLs; that's because I only put them together partially; I'm going to wait on the springs before I put them back together fully. One may also notice one LnL has gloss black while the other is flat; I finished one about a year ago, when I thought the flat might reduce glare; while I'm sure it does, gloss looks way better, so I went with that on the Crossbow and second LnL.

I'm trying to think of names for them at the moment. My PowerClip is named "Vindicator" for when people thought it sucked at the first SENO, and then I hosed them. I'm thinking "Valiant" for the Crossbow, and something comical for the LnL's, like what the Miz from MTV named his arms, "Big Dub Diesel" and "Strongarm" or something like that. Something serious like the first two would be cool too; I like sticking with the philosophical-themed names (FF Tactics, anyone?)

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions; thanks for taking the time to peruse the pics.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#2 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:35 PM

Very nice!!! I like the paintscheme a lot. Well Done!

and

Doom

#3 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:37 PM

That came out pretty clean. I can't see any flaws. The green is a pretty good scheme for all three weapons.

By the way, I'm guessing you used fusion spraypaint? I'm going to do some painting with white fusion spraypaint this friday and was wondering if I could get good results, as you did.

Good job on all three guns.

#4 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:45 PM

Damn those were some quick responses! lol

Very nice!!! I like the paintscheme a lot. Well Done!

and

Doom

Thanks! And yes, Doom, lol. You get...as the other posters got, 10 million 10-pack boxes of Kudos! Sorry for the crap prize...

That came out pretty clean. I can't see any flaws. The green is a pretty good scheme for all three weapons.

By the way, I'm guessing you used fusion spraypaint? I'm going to do some painting with white fusion spraypaint this friday and was wondering if I could get good results, as you did.

Good job on all three guns.

Thanks dude. There are a few very minor flaws you can't see easily in the pics, because the size is smaller; the vast majority are because the masking tape let up slightly so it let the green in on the black. If I had better masking tape that wouldn't have happened, but I'm not too worried. And yes, I used the Krylon Fusion; it worked great, I am very satisfied. I've had one of the other LnL's painted for a while now, and it survived SENO totally unscathed (except for one or two extremely minor chips), so it's pretty durable. My LnLs also have primer though, the Crossbow does not, but I doubt it will be much of a problem, esp. considering the Fusion is made to bond with the plastic.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:19 AM

Sexy, very sexy. This to me looks more like what one would consider a sexbow.
Dark green and black my favorite color and shade. I'm very jealous man good paint jobs!
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:52 AM

You know what, you guys have been making some cool shit lately. That's pretty hot. I like it.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#7 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 12:26 PM

As I said onm NHQ, it's probably the best and most clean job ive seen since my time here at the NIC.

#8 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:23 PM

That has got to be the nicest XBow paint job i have ever seen. I love those old school colours. (Those are the colours they used to have on really old toy guns isn't it?)

Keep up the good work.

Edited by opiumpanda, 08 October 2005 - 02:37 PM.

"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."
Hell you're lucky if you don't get fucked with a spiked bat

#9 LDM

LDM

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:40 PM

Wow. One of the best paintjobs I've seen in a long time. Major, major kudos.

#10 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 02:58 PM

Very nice.
Green has to be my favorite color in the universe.
Keep up the good work!
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#11 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 06:46 AM

As I said on NHQ, thanks a lot for the positive feedback so far guys, I appreciate it. However, I am definitely not naming it the "Sexbow," a) because I don't want to steal Bagheads or the other guy's thunder (can't remember the name) and b.) I think I've already got a couple names in mind, just have to narrow them down. I definitely like the look of my stuff though; it's a more "serious" paint job, but the green still leaps off of it with the black anchoring it; it came out really well I think. I can't wait to use it in a war.

Thanks again guys.

Edited by TimberwolfCY, 09 October 2005 - 06:47 AM.

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#12 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 08:19 PM

What kind of spraypaint or paint was used to make these beauts? I am getting a crossbow from someone and am thinking about painting it two-toned yellow and black.

Sorry, I did not find the info on what you used to paint the guns with before I posted.

But, Did you only use krylon fusion on the crossbow? Nothing else?

Edited by SirTofu, 10 October 2005 - 08:25 PM.

Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#13 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 12:16 AM

That is truly awesome. One thing that would maximize it's awesomeness (at least to an image-oriented noob like myself) would be some kind of harness that included a back-harness for the xbow and side-holsters for the lnls. That's what I would do. Awesome paint job, and it looks like clean modding too. Props to you.

#14 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 01:45 PM

However, I am definitely not naming it the "Sexbow,"

First off,
Very nice job. It looks really nice, especially with all three guns unischemed. I'm not sure if that is a word, if not I shall henceforth add it to the English dictionary.

Also,
You should name it the "Mean, Green, I Just Slept With Your Sister and Girlfriend at the Same Time Machine"

Edited by tenesee23, 11 October 2005 - 01:45 PM.

Go Team FuckBuddy!

#15 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:39 PM

Sorry, I did not find the info on what you used to paint the guns with before I posted.

But, Did you only use krylon fusion on the crossbow? Nothing else?

And yes, I used the Krylon Fusion...My LnLs also have primer though, the Crossbow does not, but I doubt it will be much of a problem, esp. considering the Fusion is made to bond with the plastic.

That is truly awesome. One thing that would maximize it's awesomeness (at least to an image-oriented noob like myself) would be some kind of harness that included a back-harness for the xbow and side-holsters for the lnls. That's what I would do. Awesome paint job, and it looks like clean modding too. Props to you.

Thanks man. Actually, I use a super-long dog leash for the Crossbow; its like 5 ft. long and a half-inch wide; works perfectly, and it's pretty cheap at Wal-Mart (about $3 I think); I loop-fasten one end to the front-end of the barrel, and do similar with the back. For the LnL's, I have a pair of cardboard-black ductape tac holsters that fit to my theigh that work pretty well; I'm going to buy a real one from rangerjoes.com before much longer though and see how that works out. I also use a large ammo pouch that fits on my belt for my extra clip for my PC (when I use that as my primary) and extra mega-Stefans. When I switch the Crossbow, I'll use it to hold the pre-loaded shot-barrels. I'm also thinking about making some kind of back harness for my BlastFire (since it decided to work again), and just drop the LnL altogether. Tactics with the BF are pretty similar to the PC, so it would be a natural transition. The only question would be how to fasten the harness to back; currently I'm thinking bungee cords.

I'm glad I'm not the only person thinking about back-harnesses and tac holsters; now I don't feel so insane, lol...

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

First off,
Very nice job. It looks really nice, especially with all three guns unischemed. I'm not sure if that is a word, if not I shall henceforth add it to the English dictionary.

Also,
You should name it the "Mean, Green, I Just Slept With Your Sister and Girlfriend at the Same Time Machine"

Thanks dude; both those comments are hilarious, lol.

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users