Micro Darts

what kind are made now?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Need for Speed

Need for Speed

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

I have been recently trying to find some new micro darts but no one seems to have any in stock. I was going to order some directly from the official nerf website but wasn't sure what kind they make anymore. A while back there were red darts, more recently I've seen black ones, and now all I can find are the orange ones that come with the nite finder. What kind will they ship me?

#2 chiefthe

chiefthe

Hasbro Engineer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:15 PM

Unfortunately, there is really no way to tell. It will be whatever they happen to have in stock in the warehouse, so it may be older darts or newer ones.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

chiefthe

#3 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:31 AM

although they don't fit exactly like NERF brand darts, Buzz Bee makes foam darts which work well in my nerf guns. At the Wal Marts around where I live (Ontario), you can find these refill packs (16 darts) for $1.97 CAD. Not as cheap as making your own (i.e. stefans) but if you suck at making stefans (like me), definitely better darts than the homemades. I just bought a butt-load of 'em on the weekend. I hope you don't live in my area, because I just might have cleaned out the WalMart of these refill packs.

#4 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:27 PM

The red darts were likely the airjet micros with smaller suction cups. These darts performed better because they were more areodynamic and had smaller tips overall.

NERF has gone back to the older large suction cups and whistling darts. Color doesn't seem to effect how well the dart performs as much as the type of tip.

If you are using stock guns, whistling darts perform better on average than suction darts.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#5 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:43 PM

Color can actually be a big difference among suction darts, the yellow ones with blueish purple tips generally get better range than the orange ones with more purplish tips, at least for me. But I would just get taggers or sonics but don't use taggers with the maverick.

Edited by euphemism, 04 October 2005 - 06:43 PM.

#6 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

Taggers happen to be a little bit longer than standard micros.
I've found that these fly best from my guns.

#7 grunty

grunty

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:43 PM

but don't use taggers with the maverick.

my friend was just shooting me with a tagger filled mav.
at2k s are the best no questions asked!!!

#8 darkmills

darkmills

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 07:18 PM

I'm pretty sure Hasbro would send you the black darts. If you think about it, (if you have black darts to compair) the black darts have a cheaper foam and a big flimsy head. The heads fly off when put in a tough gun because of the cheap glue used. The darts are cheaply made and sold in large quanaties. If you buy a 20 or 30 pack you will most likely get black darts with orange heads/tips. This is my reasoning, if you have other reasons your probably right.
I'M THE MAJORITY OF THE MINORITY FOLKS!!!

#9 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 08:27 PM

I'm pretty sure they won't send you the black darts, weren't they called rip rockets? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. Black darts with glow in the dark tips. I had a few of those but I lost them.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#10 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:46 AM

No, they're talking about the ones that are similar to the darts that came with the original NF. Did they have an orange tip? I think so. These days, instead of the red stock darts, they sell these newer black ones. I think they're better, but that's just me.

TS

#11 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 10:54 AM

although they don't fit exactly like NERF brand darts, Buzz Bee makes foam darts which work well in my nerf guns. At the Wal Marts around where I live (Ontario), you can find these refill packs (16 darts) for $1.97 CAD....

Wal-Mart sells Buzz Bee products???
My Wall-Mart doesn' t. I check every time I go to the nerf isle.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#12 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:55 AM

Ugh, Buzz Bee toys really aren't worth your cash. Save it up for something decent on ebay, or look at the thread that ct made over at NHQ. He's got a lot of nice blasters.

TS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users