Photo

Problem With My New Blastfire

9 replies to this topic

#1 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:11 PM

So i just got my blastfire from ebay. I followed all the priming instructions. When I begin to pump after i have pulled back the green handle, I hear air leaking from the third tube
down. Any solutions to this problem or what it might be?
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#2 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 03:53 PM

Deleted.

Edited by chris, 04 October 2005 - 02:15 PM.

#3 ssgtsiler

ssgtsiler

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

If you want to take a small risk, submerge the pump underwater while you pump (if you do want to open it up, do the same). Dont pump too much, just enough so water will be shot out instead of air. This will cleanse/purge the system and may fix the leak.....
Unless there is a hole in the tank. I did it because my BF got plastic dust in it, and it worked.
"War isn't about who's right, it's about who's left"

#4 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 04:21 PM

So I looked at the plastic tubes that connect the barrels and I see no leaks or anything...

So, I put it back together and if i pump it without pulling the green handle back the white thing still gets pushed back by the pump. Is this normal?

Edited by SirTofu, 03 October 2005 - 05:53 PM.

#5 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 02:04 AM

ALWAYS pull back the top part first before cocking it; failing to do so will fubar the gun. Mine only recently started working again after I did that wrong about 6 months ago.

As far as how to fix it, I'm not sure. I'd do some thorough searches on it though, I'm sure there's a thread about it somewhere.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#6 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:15 PM

Yea, ill search. But is there anyone who is an expert at this and can help me?????

#7 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:20 PM

Are you sure it's leaking from one of the barrels and not near the priming handle? I got a free BF a while ago and it leaked from the wierd semi-auto valve part and it was due to a warped o-ring. I replaced it with the thing at the end of an animal balloon (I had to roll a couple more layers of rubber onto it first). I hope that helps.

#8 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:57 PM

I searched through the forums and the problem was fixed with spraying wd40 down the barrel. Now all i need to fix is the white thing sticking, Im assuming its from it not being alligned correctly.

#9 TimberwolfCY

TimberwolfCY

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 01:26 AM

I WOULD NOT recommend spraying WD40 down anything plastic: it tends to break down plastic and rubber. Instead, you might try vegetable oil or some other lubricant that is plastic/rubber friendly.

Honestly, I rather doubt that simply lubing the gun will help solve the problem; at best, it would "plug" whatever leak there is for a while, and then it will happen again. I'd say you should find a more permanent solution; a warped o-ring or minor fracture (something you might not have noticed the first time through, esp. considering the gun is made of hard black plastic) probably is the cause, or something similar.

Good luck.
"Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it, and we have become exceedingly efficient at it." - The Architect, The Matrix: Reloaded

TimberwolfCY
of NH, NHQ, NO, NC

#10 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 03:52 PM

CXWQ reccomended spraying WD-40 down the gun in an earlier post in another thread, so I decided to try it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users