Ultimate Nf Project

help please..........

20 replies to this topic

#1 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:11 PM

I want to make my NF(newer model) shoot really far, but i need some help on what to do. First off I have 2 new, and 2 old NFs, but my freind said i copyed him on his old one, so he won't let me switch the spring, and second his goes farther than mine, and he won't tell me how he did it. He isn't coming out for a week so i have about a week to get a kick @ss NF. What material should I use for a barrel, and what length should I use? I have been using a crayola barrel for a while, and the range didn't increase. Something strong instead of rubber bands cause they look to ugly please. And i already removed the air restrictors, and I took that air restrictor you need and shaved all the stuff out so it's not an air restrictor which added some range. Any help will be apreciated. O yeah name where to buy the stuff please.

Zilla65

#2 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:15 PM

If you don't want to replace the spring or band it you can stretch the spring.

You don't want to put bands on because it's ugly?
Eagles may fly, but weasels don't get caught in jet engines.

Save gas, fart in a jar.

Formerly known as Nerfnoobc.

#3 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:19 PM

Well mostly, because i want something more durable, and less bands. Probably something like a bungy cord, because it'll be one thing instead of the 20 i have on now.

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:28 PM

Try nested brass. You can get brass at hobby stores and at some hardware stores. There's several articles about the correct way to nest brass on the site, I believe under the articles section.

~ompa

#5 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:29 PM

Hutah!
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5030
there you go.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#6 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

I'm just going to toss this out:
Raggy's NF mod
Its worked for me lots of times.

#7 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:54 PM

Thanks, but how much does streching the spring improve range, and does it shorten the life span by much? Also should i keep the secret strike in my NF, because it isn't very reliable. I need to find where to buy fbr, and what size too.....

#8 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:59 PM

You can find FBR at many of your local Hardware sotres, AKA ace, home depot, etc. It is also called Caulk Saver or foam insulation. About the size, it depends on what pipe. Most people use 1/2" pvc and 1/2" FBR. Hope that helps.

Save gas, fart in a jar.

#9 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:13 PM

Why would they just use 1/2" stefans with 1/2" PVC? It wouldn't go anywhere! Use brass, PETG, crayola barrels, CPVC, or even copper if you have to, but regular PVC aint gunna cut it.

TS

#10 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:18 PM

PVC is 1/2" you know. By 1/2" stefans, I do believe they were referring to mega-dart sized stefans, which would work very well in PVC. Ask an east-coaster.

Edited by Falcon, 02 October 2005 - 07:20 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#11 Nerferc

Nerferc

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for getting my back Falcon

Save gas, fart in a jar.

#12 tenesee23

tenesee23

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:48 PM

Try out this bad-boy of a mod. It may not improve performance... in fact it probably will make your gun suck, but it will pimp it out. A pimped out NF beats any regular NF anyday.The Ultimate NiteFinder

Mwah hah hah, one day The Ultimate Nitefinder will rule the world!!!
Go Team FuckBuddy!

#13 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:15 PM

What range are you hoping to acheive with this ultimate NF?

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#14 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:19 PM

The Ultimate NF's a joke, man. In the sense that it's cool, but just for the coolness factor.

And if you want megas, use 5/8" Backer, and he said 1/2, so I'm just clarifying.

TS

Edited by Team_Slaya, 02 October 2005 - 08:19 PM.

#15 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:51 PM

Nesting crayola in 1/2" PVC has yet to fail. You already have your crayola barrel; stick it in some PVC and your range should be a little better. Of course, banding and spring replacement will aid you. My NF will go anywhere from 60-70' with a good dart. I guarantee that you will be pleased with your crayola-nested NF. If you are not satisfied with it, I will refund every second of your wasted time, no questions asked.

As far as your friend goes, if you like his mod, do it anyway. And if he makes a big deal of it, tell him he's an ass and he can go suck himself. This is your gun, do what you want.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#16 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:01 PM

My suggestions, Take an o-ring from one of yuor new NF's because they blow and double o-ring one of the old NF's. For a barrel are you using stock darts or stefans? If your using stefans then go out and buy some CPVC from home depot or lowes and use about a 3.5-4 inch barrel. Make sure everything is nice and airtight so no air is escaping. Try e-taping the restrictor parts to the plunger.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#17 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:22 PM

You can also kill two birds with one stone by wrapping a thin stretched-out piece of FBR around the plunger shaft in-between the spring and the plunger head, so it will

a) maximize your seal

-and-

B) silence that obnoxious spring's vibrating after you fire
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#18 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:17 AM

I'm using micros but will probably get stefans soon. Also do i need to put the crayola barell in pvc, or does it just help keep the barrel straight. I'm a little confused there. I streched the spring a little, and put a little peice of e-tape around the plunger, and found a bungee cord, not sure how the range is doing. Right now, i've been turning my stock darts into stefans, so should i use weight in the front besides hot glue?

#19 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:55 PM

There is a spring easily found at home depot or ace hardware, I believe it was numbered C-386 or some thing similar, you get two in the pack. Cut it down to the same length as the stock spring and watch your ranges soar. I get 70' easily with a simple sch80 barrel. I have yet to try nesting some brass inside but I figure that'll help quite a bit. Definatly add weight to the front of your darts.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#20 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:15 AM

I strechted my spring, and put electric tape around the plunger thing, and hot glued my crayola barrel on.(it was leaking before)and found a mini bungee cord, I'm not adding any more bands, because it just makes the gun loader no more range. I'm so sick of him, and his brother bragging. I think i'm gonna go buy that spring, and some fbr. I don't think he really modded his gun i think he just did it to his darts, because i tried one in my gun, and it went almost the same length, but now my gun goes farther so if i modify my darts i'll be satisfied. Is there any good ways to make a stefan, like with bbs in the end, or electric tape on the side?

#21 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:31 AM

The best way to make a stefan is the way the works best for you. Just experiment a little. There are guides all over the place, and what works for one person rarely will work for everyone. Hell, I use stock dart bodies with fishing weights cut in half. Thus, while most everyone uses 9/16" brass for their barrels, with 17/32" brass nested in the back, I use 17/32" brass for my main barrels, with 1/2" brass at the back. It's way smaller. It all just depends on what works for you, so experiment with what some other people have posted on their websites and find out what works best with YOUR gun. By no means should you, for example, use my darts jsut because they own in MY gun. They probably suck in crayolas, but I don't use crayolas anymore because they let my darts expand and fill with air, and they pop.
----------||||||||)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users