Super Soakers?

Possilble to convert one?

22 replies to this topic

#1 Shivon

Shivon

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:24 AM

Is it possible to convert a suiper soaker into a nerf gun? I mean, they are pump guns... if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.
Insanity is only one persons perception of another persons reality

#2 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:06 AM

Yes, everybody converts there's to nerf guns. Use google, you'll find plenty of mods.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#3 Shivon

Shivon

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 02:52 PM

Thank you very much good sir.
Insanity is only one persons perception of another persons reality

#4 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 04:30 PM

I couldn't find it before, but then I remembered yaks mod: yaks mod ~Enjoy!
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"

#5 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:07 PM

Just a suggestion dont use the new guns they have valves that release the air realy slowly. I spent days only for it to not work.

#6 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:53 PM

Just a suggestion dont use the new guns they have valves that release the air realy slowly. I spent days only for it to not work.

Surely you don't mean all new waterguns. Is it just super soaker? What guns have you experienced problems with? Names and brands would be awesome!
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#7 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 09:38 PM

The one I atempeted to mod was a max d secret strike but I know grunty tried to mod a flashflood and a buzz bee pirana and had the same problem so I would think it would be most newer ones.

Edited by poo, 07 November 2005 - 09:39 PM.

#8 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:14 AM

The one I atempeted to mod was a max d secret strike but I know grunty tried to mod a flashflood and a buzz bee pirana and had the same problem so I would think it would be most newer ones.

Those have low air presure, you need one with high air presure.
Call me guns.

#9 tucker

tucker

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:47 AM

Try finding the old series of XP or extra power.

"We don't necessarily discriminate, we just exclude certain types of people"

#10 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:34 PM

Haven't people had the most success with the CPS line? Like the 2000/2500 and 1200? Those are way too powerful to actually use but if you're just looking to do something for fun try those if you can get them. I've heard ranges in the 150s or somewhere around there.
SexD Warves

#11 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:23 PM

Modding a CPS2000 or 2500 to use as a Nerf blaster is a waste of a perfectly good Super Soaker. If you have nothing better, the CPS 1500 will do alright, but ideally you should grab a cheap XP blaster. If you want a $40 toy to turn into an overpowered Nerf launcher, buy the N-Strike.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#12 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 12:53 AM

Wurd. I have an original 2000, and have considered modding it for Nerf, but it's just too awesome as a super soaker. It fires like a freaking fire hose! It's got crazy power! But I don't think they're made anymore... I'd be destroying a collector's item.

#13 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:34 AM

If you want a $40 toy to turn into an overpowered Nerf launcher, buy the N-Strike.

Yay, Janga makes a rare appearance to spread insight like blackberry jam.

Supersoakers are, generally, shitty nerf guns. You have to pump the shit out of them to get good distance and all you've really accomplished is making Yet Another Single Shot Rifle.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#14 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:56 PM

I agree, mine sucked when it was modded, but I just did it for the sake of trying a mod idea I had. I got some enjoyment out of that thing.
SexD Warves

#15 sushibob87

sushibob87

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:11 PM

I was just trying to mod a max D 5000 but the trigger snapped off and all the screws are messed up so I can't open it up.

#16 SupG

SupG

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 05:23 PM

Yes, everybody converts there's to nerf guns. Use google, you'll find plenty of mods.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!
I heard this kid say nerfing is gay well i say fuck him.

#17 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:16 PM

I was just trying to mod a max D 5000 but the trigger snapped off and all the screws are messed up so I can't open it up.

For future reference, if screws are messed up, get out a drill and drill them out.

Old topic, but I've got an issue to raise. There's really no point in converting water guns into nerf guns. Water guns were designed for water, nerf for nerf. While it is possible, you will not get optimal preformance and could have spent your time making a nerf homemade or modding a real nerf gun, which will present you with better stats.

If you do need help converting, though, I am not a bad person to ask. I have seen days worth of soaker internals and am familiar with the vast majority of water guns released.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#18 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:34 PM

There's really no point in converting water guns into nerf guns Water guns were designed for water, nerf for nerf.

Nightfinders were designed to go 15 feet, titans were designed to shoot massive big rockets and all nerf guns were designed to shoot stock darts. Of course, we changed all that didnt we? :P A supersoaker is pretty sad in a war because it takes so many pumps but in an assassin game they can be rather useful because you have all the time in the world to pump. The way I see it, if something can be designed to shoot nerf guns then all the power to ya.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 22 December 2005 - 11:35 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#19 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:38 PM

Supersoakers are unweildy and meant to be used by themselves (they're all primaries). Going into a Nerf war with one big single shot weapon that takes forever is retarded. And the best Supersoakers can be sold on Ebay for enough to buy several better guns.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

#20 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 03:10 PM

If you ever get a CPS 2500 or 2000 sell them on ebay. I've sold a 2k for 105 and a broken one for 50 bucks. There are some serious soaker enthusiasts out there.

#21 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:43 PM

If you ever get a CPS 2500 or 2000 sell them on ebay. I've sold a 2k for 105 and a broken one for 50 bucks. There are some serious soaker enthusiasts out there.

You actually didn't get a good deal for your 2000. A 2000 can go for up to $250, usually around $150-200.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#22 SupG

SupG

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:29 PM

All i did was gust plug the over realise vaulve and replase the barrels so its exacly like a nerf gun well it was allso a lamar
I heard this kid say nerfing is gay well i say fuck him.

#23 ItalionStallion

ItalionStallion

• Members
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:32 PM

Not really.

You ask the guys on the soaker forums. Their price has dropped in the past few years. They now usually go for 100-175.

Infact here is a Soaker pricing list that is about a year old:

http://www.sscentral...ides/prices.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users