Custom 2k-nf

Make your own!

15 replies to this topic

#1 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:55 PM

Here's the deal: I had a cut down NF shell that was spray painted silver, a tire valve, and some AT2K parts that I wanted to integrate into it. I ended up taking 4" of 300 psi, epoxying the tire valve in one end, epoxying an endcap with a hole in it over the tire valve, and epxoying an endcap with a smaller hole drilled in it on the other end. I then epoxied about 8" of vinyl tubing to the back of an AT2K's liquitron, and jury-rigged the metal release peice on the airtank to the trigger via some music wire and luck. After spray painting it silver (the NF shell was originally spray painted silver, but someone got their hands all over it, and was permanently sticky. So I gave it another coat.)

After my first attemp, which the tire valve blew off somewhere, I ended up using the endcap, which is stated above.

This design is just basically an AT2K with 4" of expanded airtank, stuffed into a NF shell. I suggest you to try it. Ranges are around 100' flat, 1' barrel, 1.5" stefan with single BB and hardly any hot glue dome.

Posted Image

Post your comments, suggestions, since I'm probably going to make another one, and questions, please.

~Sinfil
Rifleman and 1337 modder of the Celtic Wolf Clan.

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#2 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:58 PM

Nice. I wouldn't mind having something like that. Good job I like it!
Been a while.
#bro

#3 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 05:59 PM

100 feet with a 1 inch barrel? I can only imigane a 6-8 inch one.. Nice job.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#4 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 06:05 PM

1 foot. Crap, I messed up the " and '...Sorry 'bout that.

Thanks.

~Sinfil

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#5 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:31 PM

Nice. You should take the expanded air tank off and put the pump on because you can get 100 ft with a regular single barrel, plugged pump at2k. Then you wouldn't need to carry a bike pump. Also you may want to try a heavier weight for your darts.
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#6 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 October 2005 - 10:44 PM

Ugly as sin, but well put together. Some interesting concepts there. Well done.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#7 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:55 AM

If anyone wanted them, here are the internal pics. The trigger-rig is relatively simple, but it involves a lot of luck in finding the right length music wire and bending it accordingly.

Posted Image

Hope you enjoy,

~Sinfil

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#8 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:55 AM

I notice that you guys seem very interested in using the AT2K internals. I herd that that gun out of the box gets horrible range. What causes you guys to use such a gun and what is the trick to dramatically improving the gun's range?
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#9 Robonerfer

Robonerfer

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:21 AM

You take out the air restrictors that remove 95% of the gun's power, give it a 6" barrel, and watch in amazement as it shoots a dart nearly 100". I think they wanted to make a high power gun, but with the safety laws, they had to put huge air restrictors on it. Fortunately, this kept it at the same power level for us, because we always get rid of the air restrictors.

#10 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:02 AM

Actually Robo, I don't think that they engineer the guns specifically for us. I think OMC said that in the thread where he went to Hasbro.

TS

#11 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 10:27 AM

I notice that you guys seem very interested in using the AT2K internals.  I herd that that gun out of the box gets horrible range.  What causes you guys to use such a gun and what is the trick to dramatically improving the gun's range?

Yeah, if you haven't noticed, we like to do these little things called modifications.

Christ, with my 2k I put a ding in aluminum siding about the size of a nickle and almost killed a french kid. Needless to say, they're powerful.

Talio.

Edit: From the word of God that is Hasbro. They do not make gun specifically to be modified. I wish you new kids would stop posting. Christ.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#12 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:00 PM

How is the 2k attatched to the NF case? It seems from the internals picture like all the 2k internals are actually outside of the NF.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#13 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:03 PM

I love the ranges but I could never use it. The thing is just too hideous.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#14 Sinfil

Sinfil

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 12:25 PM

The internals ARE all outside the NF case. It's attached to the case with hot glue. And epoxy.

~Sinfil

Myspace

~r4z0rBl4d35~

#15 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 06:57 PM

I notice that you guys seem very interested in using the AT2K internals.  I herd that that gun out of the box gets horrible range.  What causes you guys to use such a gun and what is the trick to dramatically improving the gun's range?

Yeah, if you haven't noticed, we like to do these little things called modifications.

Christ, with my 2k I put a ding in aluminum siding about the size of a nickle and almost killed a french kid. Needless to say, they're powerful.

Talio.

Edit: From the word of God that is Hasbro. They do not make gun specifically to be modified. I wish you new kids would stop posting. Christ.

Well, of course you gotta mod them to improve their ranges, I was just kind of curious why the ranges suddenly go from 5' to 80+". Sounds a little crazy to me!

By the way, not to be rude, tali, but you seem to be treating us members a little harshly. Not to mention that you're an ambassador.
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#16 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 07:04 PM

Yes and because he is an ambassodor he can basicly do/say whatever the fuck he wants to.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users