Splitfire Tactical

Modifications for the Splitfire

16 replies to this topic

#1 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:29 PM

I know alot of people dont like me on the site but its my first modification/homemade I made the Buttstock out of wood

Posted Image

Posted Image
I took the brass mod from the cxwq mod on this very site but my local Canadian Tire did not sell brassso i settled with the pvc.
Idea first came up when i asked myself "why didn't any nerf gun have a butt stock?" So i sawed up some wood and carved it up it looks like the plastic stock of the M4A1 Assault rifle. It is not full done yet, I added a flashlight and a detachable Silencer which really works (made of a leg i took of the tripod of my telescope it fitted well with the pvc covered with a styrofoam tube insulator 49 cents at my local C.T) I also added the ammo holders becouse the ones it came with do not work and a trigger guard.
The scope i found this piece under my table no one knows what its from but it helped me out.
While range testing I figured out to achieve optimum range results jam the round in all the way ( I use half inch stefans) Silencer increases range by maybe 10 feet or so.
Im working on a paint job i dont know what to do yet some ideas would be appreciated.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#2 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 09:57 PM

I like where your head is at, but there are some improvements to be made. First off, I would get rid of that big flashlight, if anything go with a small maglight or something that doesn't bulge out from the gun. As for the scope, if you really want to leave it for looks, then go ahead. But it really won't help you if you're using it to aim. A carrying handle could do the trick. You deifinitely need a paintjob on that guy, its too awkward without it. Also, I would try 1.5" to 2" darts for a splitfire, you'd be able to get better range and accuracy. What kind of range are you getting with the .5" stefans?

Besides that, I really dig the look of the gun. The pumping handle under the silencer looks hot.

#3 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:12 PM

YAY something positive!
Great now I can gloat.
Paint job colour suggestions anybody?
The Range is good im getting the same results on the mod page without the silencer.
with the 1.5rounds it slows down thevelocity with the silencer though superb accuracy results.with silencer on and off. Welting results are good too i left my sister red for about 3 days .
Btw.Thanks for the positive review man.

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#4 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 11:24 PM

Too much goo all over. Novel idea, but it's too much for somthing so simple.

#5 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:21 AM

Don't worry abut the goo ill take care of that ill just slice it off with a knife proably leaving marks but the paint job will take care of it.i still need colour suggestions gold barrels and black everything else?

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#6 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:40 AM

Don't worry abut the goo ill take care of that ill just slice it off with a knife proably leaving marks but the paint job will take care of it.i still need colour suggestions gold barrels and black everything else?

Yay, Black and Gold are my school colours. I think you should do it.
"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."
Hell you're lucky if you don't get fucked with a spiked bat

#7 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,670 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 28 September 2005 - 10:17 AM

You might try just re-doing the stock with some kind of PVC coupler to tidy up that goo area. Even if you slice off the excess you'll lose some kind of integrity. Might just want to cover it up with something.

Since you are going for a 'tactical' feel...I'd suggest matte black, but leave the transparent side's oval unpainted to give it a cool twist.

Yeah, get a minimag in black and put it on there.

-Groove out.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#8 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:28 PM

I have done it i fixed up the buttstock it now is screw on *Thanks to the water bottle cap* you will see it in the picture coming soon. I painted the inside of the transparent side Black and the barrels are gold, took off the scope. pictures are coming soon.

Posted Image

Edited by joeyaglr444, 28 September 2005 - 05:01 PM.

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#9 The Trouble

The Trouble

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 05:33 PM

I think the "coolness" factor in nerf guns is lost when they get painted black. Some folks just about pee themselves with excitement when they see black. Personally, I think it's boring (and potentially dangerous, but that's another discussion altogether). I recommend sticking with the bright green of the splitfire, and some red flame accents.

Add personality to your custom guns, people. Don't ruin it with black.

#10 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:24 PM

Well I like the darkness in my weapon but it isnt any plain black the transparent green makes it glow i think it looks good im going to put decals of a type on it maybe fire i don't know yet. As I said before im open for suggestions

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#11 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,819 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:21 PM

Add personality to your custom guns, people. Don't ruin it with black.

Maybe he likes black. Just because someone paints a gun black doesn't mean they are lazy or couldn't think of anything else to paint it.

Looks good, a little sloppy but not bad. I really like it, especially the barrels. Good job.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 28 September 2005 - 07:22 PM.

SexD Warves

#12 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:28 PM

I paint my guns camo, that is, orange and blue camo. They look cool, especially since orange and blue are opposite colors. Practical, no. Kickass, yes. Too many commas, absolutely.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#13 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:33 PM

Thanks guys... NOw that i fixed the butt stock i can uncsrew it and take off the silencer and it becomes a side arm again. I have to work on the sights though i cant think of anything. I love the gold barrels too. Only the left side of the gun is black trying to figure out what to do to the right.
OH MY GOD!!! I was doing another range test and i pumped it al lthe way no silencer and i fired it into my washroom 30-40 feet or so and the hot glue at the end of the stefan i made Cracked! it cracked thats how powerful it is.

Edited by joeyaglr444, 28 September 2005 - 07:49 PM.

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#14 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:18 PM

I think that overall, it looks very nice. I like the black paint in contrast with the brass-colored barrels and pump.

I'm a fan of black weapons...I think that it looks better than some of the flourescent colors that guns come in, though most of the time I'd just rather leave the default color on. And, in truth, I'm a lazy painter; cover what you don't want painted with masking tape, and then paint on a coat of Krylon Fusion spraypaint, the color of your choice. While black paint could be an issue at a public park, I generally nerf at other people's houses, so it's not an issue.
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#15 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 08:39 AM

I like black im now testing with the 1 inch stefans they work better with the silencer and make it much more quiet all you will ever here is a pop and a half inch in diametre wealt on your head.
I think im on a Modifying streak, i made a breach for my splitshot i can now load just by opening a a piece of insulater (pictures will follow) IM SO PROUD its interchangable modifications.

Edited by joeyaglr444, 29 September 2005 - 05:14 PM.

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#16 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 03:27 PM

Hey, pretty sweet looking gun there. What did you make the silencer out of? You say it improves its range a little?
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#17 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 04:50 PM

I made it outta an unknown metal material from a leg of my tripod for my telescope but anyway it does increase range. wne tout to my friends place like 20 minutes ago just now i found a straw a bubble tea straw those huge ones looks like Petg but anyway i stuck a dart in it and stuck it in the barrel i got some optimum range about 150 feet. Another persons trash is another persons treasure.

Blaffair to Rememblack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users