Question About Ompa's Titan Mod

Difference between PETG and PVC?

8 replies to this topic

#1 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:01 PM

I was looking a ompa's titan mod, and was wondering has anyone tried it with PETG? how did it work? I did not want to necro the thread so I am posting here. And, is there any real difference in performance between petg and PVC? Thanks
Nobody online Nerfs in the SE :(

#2 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:11 PM

Well, for one, PVC is more durable, and he used SCH 80 PVC, which probably fits his darts better.

TS

#3 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 09:12 PM

It depends on your PETG. There are different sizes of PETG. There is no best barrel, it has to be what fits your darts. Nobody can tell you if there's a difference in performance between PVC and PETG because your milage is likely to vary.

ompas mod uses SCH80 PVC. To work with PETG you would have to use SCH40 PVC and coupler, and nest the PETG in the PVC. You wold only need a couple inches of PVC since it wouldn't be your main barrel.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#4 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:59 PM

Is the pvc and coupler necessary? Im going to try it with just a long piece of petg , as I have no coupler or pvc at the moment. Ill see what happens.....

#5 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 05:29 PM

Couplers make loading easier. Otherwise you have ot ram rod the dart from the tip down to the end of the barrel. A coupler makes it a breach load.

#6 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:05 PM

Couplers make loading easier. Otherwise you have ot ram rod the dart from the tip down to the end of the barrel. A coupler makes it a breach load.

Plus they're no more than a $1, so there's no excuse not to get one (find 'em at Lowes or Home Depot).

#7 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:51 PM

Try 19 cents at home depot.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#8 SirTofu

SirTofu

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:34 PM

Ok I completed a mod. It was quite easy, easier than a coupler and pvc. Take a foot long piece of petg, sand down the tube that the barrel screws onto. Than take duct tape and carefully wrap it wround a section of the petg(right where the petg is alligned with the edge of the titan barrel). Wrap the duct tape around enough so that the petg can fit inside the barrel but also secures petg in place. Now you can remove the petg and breech load it and you didnt even have to install a coupler and pvc!

Here Are Pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by SirTofu, 25 September 2005 - 09:48 AM.

#9 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 September 2005 - 07:26 AM

Ok I completed a mod. It was quite easy, easier than a coupler and pvc. Take a foot long piece of petg, sand down the tube that the barrel screws onto. Than take duct tape and carefully wrap it wround a section of the petg(right where the petg is alligned with the edge of the titan barrel). Wrap the duct tape around enough so that the petg can fit inside the barrel but also secures petg in place. Now you can remove the petg and breech load it and you didnt even have to install a coupler and pvc!

Here Are Pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I like Ompa's better.

- But at least you showed us some pictures. Also nice seeing people do their own mod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users