Brass Barrels In Cock Guns

Could someone please clarify?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Event Horizon

Event Horizon

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:26 PM

I'm new to modding nerf guns and was wondering what the best barrel material for something like a NF would be. One of the most common one's i've seen on the site use brass barrels, yet in Cx's Modding 401 in the Articles section says that brass isn't as god for cock guns.

Avoid using this combination in most spring guns since the dart will be gone before any significant amount of pressure could develop.

So, could someone please tell me what would be best for someone who is new to modding?

- Horizon

#2 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:48 PM

They use what is known as a nested brass barrel, it takes a brass barrel that fits some what loosley and nests a short section of brass one size down at the rear of the barrel to provide a tight fit and allow for pressure build up before the dart fires. It helps alot, I tested a nest brass barrel verus a regualar brass barrel with my crossbow and noticed a huge difference in range. And we tend to call them spring guns around here, cock guns sounds a bit, er, sick. As for best materials, whatever fits your darts works best. You should know that if you read cx's modding 401.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#3 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:48 PM

That's beacuse for a spring gun you want a nice tight barrel to dart fit. So whatever fits your darts relatively tight is what you wanna go with. In most cases its either 1/2 inch CVPC or 17/32 inch brass that fits pretty tight.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 12:24 AM

They use what is known as a nested brass barrel, it takes a brass barrel that fits some what loosley and nests a short section of brass one size down at the rear of the barrel to provide a tight fit and allow for pressure build up before the dart fires.

This post receives the Cxwq Seal of Approval™.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:09 AM

Posted Image

#6 chris

chris

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:34 PM