Photo

Is The At2k Worth Modding?

15 replies to this topic

#1 TheDiceman

TheDiceman

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:07 PM

On a whim I picked up the two fro $5 at2k's from Target and I know they are crappy guns, but for the price it was hard to pass up. Is it worth it to do single barrel mods as I am planning, or should I just keep them on hand to give to unsuspecting people who decide they want to nerf with me?
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." -H.P. Lovecraft

#2 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:11 PM

Are you joking? The AT2K is one of the best guns when modded properly. Also they are the worst guns ever when stock. Modify it.
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#3 grunty

grunty

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:12 PM

mod the turret . there are many mods for the at2k. just search the modifictions forum.
at2k s are the best no questions asked!!!

#4 rusty

rusty

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:12 PM

Everything in your post is wrong. You have been horribly missinformed.

The at2k is an awesome gun, and is very much worth modding. If you can keep the turret when you mod the gun.

Edit: Beaten to the Punch

Edited by rusty, 19 September 2005 - 08:13 PM.

#5 TheDiceman

TheDiceman

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:14 PM

Well, I was figuring on turret modding one, and single barreling the other.

Edited by TheDiceman, 19 September 2005 - 08:14 PM.

"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." -H.P. Lovecraft

#6 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:33 PM

It wouldn't hurt to try 2 turret mods and if anything goes wrong, go to a single 6" barrel.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#7 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:49 PM

My first mod was a singled At2k. I used 8" of 1/2" copper, because I thought it was brass. I seriously got over 90'. It was really hot. Plus, I didn't need to breach, because I could just blow the stefans down the barrel. I suggest finding a 1/2" PVC coupler and nesting 8-10" of 9/16" brass/PETG in 1/2"PVC to fit in it, creating a breech loading system. People talk about breeching guns all the time. You can find a great example of a breach loading system in the Maxshot mod in the mods section on the top bar of the site.

Good luck.

TS

Edited by Team_Slaya, 20 September 2005 - 02:47 PM.

#8 TheDiceman

TheDiceman

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:58 PM

Thanks for the reccomndations, I am almost definitely going for the single barrel, hopefully brass, first. I woul dlike to do a breech, but I do not have the tools on hand, nor the time to work on such a thing (I am in a college dorm).

#9 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:54 AM

Look for the Brass in either a hobby shop or an Ace hardware store. Get a small pipe cutter to cut your pieces. A small hot glue gun, some screw drivers, a cheap hack saw and exacto knife are all you'll really need. If you have access to a dremel you golden.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#10 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:16 AM

Even just crayola barreling them with an 8" piece of 1/2" PVC over it works great, and is the cheapest form of a breech known to man. Just freakin' hot glue the crayola barrel onto the valve, and then slide the PVC over it. They can easily get 80+ feet for about 50 cents of materials
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#11 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:46 AM

I'm going to let's it's reputation proceed itself. My quad barreled brass 2k put a ding about the size of a nickle in the side of a trailer...that was almost a french kids head.

Need I say more?

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#12 TheDiceman

TheDiceman

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:15 AM

I'm going to let's it's reputation proceed itself. My quad barreled brass 2k put a ding about the size of a nickle in the side of a trailer...that was almost a french kids head.

Need I say more?

Talio.

Ouch.... my professors had better watch out, LOL

#13 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:14 PM

On a whim I picked up the two fro $5 at2k's from Target and I know they are crappy guns, but for the price it was hard to pass up.  Is it worth it to do single barrel mods as I am planning, or should I just keep them on hand to give to unsuspecting people who decide they want to nerf with me?

The AT2k Crappy? Its one of my favorite gun. You get up to 100' of range and with nanos ~120'. Its seriously one of the top gun for range and for 5$ that is amazing. Its also very durable I have 4 of them and non of them have ever broken. The AT3k however is crap the check valve is shit it breaks very fast. And yes defintly worth modding why wouldn't you mod it?

I single my AT2k's just because they get even more range than the turret ones. I have a turret and a single barreled AT2k however. Both are great but I prefer nerfing with a a singled barrel one because I enjoy losing with it. It works better than with the 4 barreled one. I also have an NF to push back the rushers incase I miss. This is the mod I did on 1 of my AT2ks:
1. Single barrel using about 6" of 15/32" brass (to shoot nanos)
2. Plug release valve.

Now my gun shoots ~120' which is awesome.

Edited by Osiris, 20 September 2005 - 02:19 PM.

#14 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:51 PM

^^^
That's only if people are going for solid range. I don't really care that much about range if it has decent accuracy. I've heard that nanos have less accuracy compared to micros, with the benefit of increased range. You still have the basically same range where you can hit people, so I see no reason to go out and find a smaller barrel material and dart material just for range differences. But, y'know, whatever boats your float.

TS

#15 TheDiceman

TheDiceman

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:06 PM

I am going over to the hardware store tomorow to pick up what I need to do the mods, assuming for micro sized darts. I figure since I have never done an at2k I will single barrel one with an attempt for a breech if I can ge the coupler easily enough. If that works I may quad barrel the other. If not, well I will try again on the second one. I woould like to add a good loser to my meager arsenal.

#16 War Hawk

War Hawk

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 09:33 AM

Now I've got to get one of those guns!
"If it moves, blast it."
-Han Solo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users