Internals Of Ertl Fs-1010

non-nerf blaster

12 replies to this topic

#1 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:07 PM

This write up is not as much of a mod as it is one to let people see the internals of this blaster. I figure the blaster has some potential but most people have stayed away from it because it’s non-nerf gun and its overpriced ($34 Canadian). So I’m hoping that by showing the internals, anyone considering this blaster will know in advance what they’re getting themselves into (I personally, try to research in advance -via mod pages- the internals of a blaster before I buy one).

I originally picked up this gun from a Bass Pro Shop (in Vaughan, Ontario) for my nephew. It’s a ball gun and (stock) shoots only about 10 feet. However, the blaster has a realistic look and feel, plus I was optimistic of its potential for having a pretty large plunger (judging by the cylindrical shape of the front portion). So I bought one for myself.

Turns out the blaster does have a decent sized plunger and is very easy to barrel mod (the orange barrel for the balls easily removed by unscrewing two plainly visible screws) . Unfortunately, the pics I’ve attached are only the ‘after’ pics as I did a barrel mod (shoots micros) a few weeks ago. The barrel is actually one of those orange 'shotgun' shells Posted Image that come with the Buzz Bee rifles (the double shot and rapid fire). Not as tight as CPVC (which was my other alternative) which means a little less range but better accuracy and reloading times. With stock micros (yeah – I use stock because: 1) I play indoors with my nephews, and 2) I make the WORST stefans ever), I get about 50 feet and very good accuracy (obviously depending on how straight the dart is) - a little less range than my Lanard Max Shot (with the same barrel) but I’d bet a spring stretch/replacement would do wonders. In the future, I may try to brass mod this baby. What I like about this blaster is its feel. Aiming it is pretty intuitive (i.e. unlike my Max Shot, which I had to “learn” to aim). Well, you can decide for yourself if this is a potentially good primary weapon. Some of you mod geniuses out there could probably turn this into a nerfer favourite.

Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who has been considering this blaster (I did a search and recall seeing another member mention, but not necessarily buy, the blaster). If this was at all helpful, please let me know, because I can also show you pics of the guts of other, less familiar guns (e.g. the Buzz Bee Rapid Fire Rifle). pics below.....

the blaster (post-mod). The big orange thing was for holding up to three balls

Posted Image

opening 'er up is easy. Just remember to remove the screws in the pump first (to reveal more screws)

Posted Image

immediately below the plunger tube is the thingy (white silicon/nylon rod) that allows the pump to cock the spring

Posted Image

the catch and trigger are pretty simple

Posted Image

here are the plunger and spring. Hopefully, ths scale will give you an idea of their size

Posted Image

I tend to fill up dead space (here, the stock) with packing foam when modding my blasters

Posted Image

#2 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:19 PM

Ahh, I hope Jlego comments. I believe he bought this gun in hopes of making it shoot darts, and was very optimistic about what he thought it could do.
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:20 PM

Ranges? Looks nice and I like the look of the shotgun-esque stock. Good job.
SexD Warves

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:18 PM

That plunger looks massive- definately bigger than the plungers of almost all the guns I own. I'll definately try to pick one up; although I might actually put the plunger in the case of a different gun, as the catch mechanism and trigger look really weak in the pictures.

Thanks for the writeup, and the pictures.

~ompa

#5 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 02:18 PM

Judging by the tape measure I think it has a bigger plunger than a crossbow :lol: . Where could us americans get one of these? If possible I think we may have to buy through you. This was definatly helpfull, I would like to see the rapid fire rifle guts.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#6 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 03:18 PM

Where could us americans get one of these?

Erm, some website. I can't quite remember. It was very similar (or the very same) of that one that sells realisistic looking guns that shoot rubber bullets.

EDIT: Google got me this.

Edited by Davis, 17 September 2005 - 03:19 PM.

QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#7 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 03:57 PM

I can get those at my hunring store, or at an Academy. In the toy sections. I always thought they were pump guns and didn't see much potential. Hmm I might have to pick one up. That spring looks weak though.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#8 grunty

grunty

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 04:09 PM

try http://www.cabelas.c...0666&hasJS=true
at2k s are the best no questions asked!!!

#9 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 05:11 PM

For $25 I definitely can't justify the purchase; the thing looks poorly made too.

#10 BloodMoon

BloodMoon

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:30 PM

Well, it seems like you're paying an aweful lot of money for a nice looking case and a big spring. But if someone can get some good ranges, I'll shut up and go sit in the corner.
We live in an age when pizza
gets to your house before the police.

#11 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 07:42 PM

Nice job...

HEY...I am 5 minutes away from the Bass Pro Shop ambushbug. In Vaughan Mills right? Well if you’re interested, I and a bunch of other Canadian nerfers have our own little clan, CFM. We would love for you to stop by and join us for one of our wars...what do you think?
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#12 ambushbug

ambushbug

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 12:13 AM

Nice job...

HEY...I am 5 minutes away from the Bass Pro Shop ambushbug. In Vaughan Mills right? Well if you’re interested, I and a bunch of other Canadian nerfers have our own little clan, CFM. We would love for you to stop by and join us for one of our wars...what do you think?

cool. I'm new to this, but it sounds like fun. I'll PM you.

#13 mrfishy

mrfishy

• Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:08 PM

You can also get them hereI have an acount there and they dont rip you off or information scam you , heck i bought something online there and i still have it.

Edited by Mr.fishy, 23 September 2005 - 07:11 PM.

I fish
I nerf
I rule!!!!

The fish make cat dance: http://www.albinobla...sh/kittycat.php
mhahahahahah!!!!! Eat it Motha Buzzering cats!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users