My Sexy Nite Finder

It's so sexy!

21 replies to this topic

#1 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:30 PM

So my friend Illadar introduced me to Nerf a few months ago and hooked me up with this hot NF. I got around to painting it (mooching paint from Illadar) and I thought I would post it here. So here it is.
My NF:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What do you think?
"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."
Hell you're lucky if you don't get fucked with a spiked bat

#2 rylundo

rylundo

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:42 PM

Nice paint job the front is a little messy though. Why did you leave the battery cap thing off?
I am hungry enough to eat a cow.....no not really just a full sized baby.

quote from chessler
Rylundo, you get the cookie anyway.

Thats right bitchs I got a cookie.

#3 Lukeinator

Lukeinator

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:10 PM

Nice paint job the front is a little messy though.  Why did you leave the battery cap thing off?

He left it off because when it's on the handle is way too long making it look extremely bad. Personally, I like Illadar's painted maverick better. Still, an amazing paint job.

Edited by Lukeinator, 08 September 2005 - 06:11 PM.

Ride it like it's stolen.

#4 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:13 PM

Hot glue is not sexy. Nice job other than that.
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#5 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:20 PM

Personally, I like Illadar's painted maverick better.  Still, an amazing paint job.

Illadar has a great paint job on his maverick but unfortunately, it doesn't work. He's getting a new one so I can't wait to see that.

Also, thats not hot glue but a really sloppy job of "Goop". (Goop being some really strong rubber cement of sorts.)

I left the battery lid off of it because it looked way to long with it on.

Edited by opiumpanda, 08 September 2005 - 06:21 PM.

"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."

#6 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:38 PM

Personally, I like Illadar's painted maverick better.

Of course you do, but wait till you see my bow. The Mav was painted with an airbrush, where as Panda's NF was painted with two can's O' spray.

#7 Hunter

Hunter

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:41 PM

Practice with the bondo.
My NF.
Hunter
Organizer Vancouver Area Nerf Series

#8 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:28 PM

Not Bad, But I know that you can produce something better with spraypaint, all my paintjobs were done with Spraypaint.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#9 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:55 AM

Not Bad, But I know that you can produce something better with spraypaint, all my paintjobs were done with Spraypaint.

I did use spray paint. I forgot to mention this was my first Nerf gun that i modded and painted.

#10 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:33 AM

If you're gonna keep the handle cap off (which bugs the shit out of me anyway, so keep it off) I'd suggest sticking some brass in the battery wells and using it as a dart holder to make up for the lack thereof on the front of the gun. I did it to mine, and it works (not to mention looks) great.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#11 Bad Karma

Bad Karma

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:41 AM

Spraypaint rubs off on your hands....I know, my hand was silver for a week.
Da BK 02: well...I just wanted to tell you...since your going to be dieing...I 've always hated you...and I mean that
TheTalio: Fuck you...I still love you

#12 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 11:02 AM

Use Krylon Fusion or any other "made-for-plastics" spraypaint and it won`t rub off

#13 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 12:12 PM

I did use spray paint. I forgot to mention this was my first Nerf gun that i modded and painted.

I know you did, I mean that you can produce something cleaner. You just need paitence, and like Boldsniper siad, a paint designed to adhere to plastics. I also sugges clearcoating anything you paint afterwords.

Edited by baghead, 09 September 2005 - 01:40 PM.

#14 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:18 PM

Nice mod job, but looks shitty.

#15 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, the idea waas great but the excecution could have used some work. Spray paint and a little more accuracy would greatly improve it. For a first mod/ paint, not bad though. Keep it up. ;)
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#16 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:04 PM

I also sugges clearcoating anything you paint afterwords.

Look, I probably should have explained this better but I got really good help from my pal Illadar. I did everything correctly and so far you are the only one who seems to be undermining me. I used spray paint and clear coat and the only thing that is bad about this gun is the front of it which I may just redo and cover it up with some PVC.

#17 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:16 PM

I don't think Bags is "undermining" you, he's just trying to help and misunderstood. That happens a lot to Bags. ;) Don't get pissed.

I think it looks good except the Goop but I really can't complain; it's a LOT nicer than any of the guns in my clan ('cept maybe Sqiggs's NF). I really like it. Nice job. If there was a thumbs up emot I would be wildly abusing it right now.
SexD Warves

#18 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:28 PM

I don't think Bags is "undermining" you, he's just trying to help and misunderstood. That happens a lot to Bags. ;)

What You Talkin' Bout Monkey!?

I Read and Understod everything, I'm just saying that it's not unbelievably face-exploding Awesome. And the Thing About Clearcoat and Fusion Was Just standard advice and also in response to Karma's post.

I Apologize For saying things in a manner that could be taken the wrong way. Once I complete my Article: How to Produce a Predigious Paintjob, I won't bother throwing in my 2 cents on every little paintjob.

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 09 September 2005 - 06:36 PM.

#19 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:17 PM

It's certainly not a bad paintjob for a first-time using spraypaint. My suggestions would be to mask a little better, and go over with more coats than you did with the white. Other than that, nice job.

For masking, I use masking tape and an exacto knife, and a very steady hand.

Also, for a recommended filler, I would go with Bondo to fill in any large gaps and smooth out holes. Works wonders. Of course, take your time, otherwise up-close it'll look like shit. Kind of like my 3/4 finished loser, except as soon as second semester is up I'll re-bondo it so it actually looks smooth.

~ompa

#20 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 09:20 PM

It's certainly not a bad paintjob for a first-time using spraypaint. My suggestions would be to mask a little better, and go over with more coats than you did with the white. Other than that, nice job.

For masking, I use masking tape and an exacto knife, and a very steady hand.

Also, for a recommended filler, I would go with Bondo to fill in any large gaps and smooth out holes. Works wonders. Of course, take your time, otherwise up-close it'll look like shit. Kind of like my 3/4 finished loser, except as soon as second semester is up I'll re-bondo it so it actually looks smooth.

~ompa

Thanks a bunch for the advice. I still have one last question though. What is "bondo"? I've heard 2 or 3 people use the word but i havn't looked into the meaning. If someone could quickly explain to me what that is I would greatly apreciate it.

#21 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:03 PM

It's basically a filler designed for holes in cars and whatnot. Just ask for Bondo at a local hardware store, most of them, at least that I'm aware of, carry it.

~ompa

#22 Illadar

Illadar

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 10:58 PM

One thing that might be purdent to point out is that Opiumpanda has been using this gun for about two months now, so the paint job has had some where and tear aplied to it.

Edited by Illadar, 09 September 2005 - 10:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users