I'm a noob and I need a 1500 mod.

7 replies to this topic

#1 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:38 PM

Gotcha the title is misleading.

Ok so! Here’s a write up for both the new and old edition 1500's as they are exactly the same. I'll be using an old edition. Much of this mod has been done before but this is my way and it's rather detailed for the noobs.

Materials Needed
1. Hot glue
2. Hacksaw/Dremel
3. Screwdriver
4.2 ft. K&S 9/16" brass
5. 2 ft. 1/2" sch 40 PVC
6. E-tape
7. Tubing cutter of some sort

Posted Image
Theres your gun, pretty ain't she?

Posted Image
Ok see those two orange pieces? They’re keeping you from opening the gun up. Rip, pry, burn etc those off without hurting the gun or pumpshaft. You can dispose of those pieces unless you need them for something else, but you won't need them anymore for this mod.

Posted Image
Ok so now that the orange pieces are off, unscrew all the screws and open your gun up. It should look something like that pictured above.

Posted Image
Now take the turret out, see the o-ring and screws? Don’t lose the o-ring or your screwed. Unscrew the screws to take the black part around the turret off. Set those aside somewhere and be careful not to lose them.

Posted Image
Ok there’s there turret, the barrels should come out pretty easily. Yank or pry them out at that line, if all else fails then go head and saw or something.

Posted Image
There’s the turret after yanking the barrels and air restrictors out. Now saw the remaining stubs off but don’t saw into the middle post. Make sure you cut around it.

Posted Image
There’s the completely barrel less turret.

Posted Image
Ok so for barrels, I decided to too nest some 9/16 inch brass in ½ sch 40 PVC. My barrels are 5 ½ inches long. Yours can be anywhere from 5-6.

Posted Image
To nest the brass, wrap both ends in e-tape till it fits snug in PVC. Then apply hot glue to both ends and shove it end and make sure it’s flush with the PVC and secure.

Posted Image
Now glue each barrel on one by one. Barrel alignment with the holes on the turret is crucial. If it’s not centered that barrel with fishtail darts. The darts are hit on one side instead of in all areas and it causes major range loss and fishtailing.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#2 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image
Continue to glue on all barrels like this until all four are secure and on the turret.

Posted Image
Now slide the black piece back over and screw it back on the turret. Place the turret back in the gun.

Posted Image
This last part is optional but highly recommended. Take the pump out of the gun and plug the air release valve with a dab of hot glue. It will help range a lot. Just stick to about3-4 pump’s or you will blow your tank.

Screw the gun back and up and your done.
I love this gun, it’s a nerfers dream with the range, accuracy, ROF all in one.

I ranged tested 4 shots with 1.5 inch micro stefans weighted with 3/0 splitshots at 5 ft high with a flat shot. Average dart skip was about 3-5 ft.
Average 92.5.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#3 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:01 PM

That title was misleading. :lol: Nice mod Hammer! I've actually done the same just with nested crayolas, and 8" barrels. It worked like a charm. After my big Labor Day war, a friend pumped it six times and gave it to me. Ten seconds later I heard "WHOOOOOOOOSH" as my tank ruptured. It died in my hands. It sure will piss you off if it happens to you. I just have to put it under the knife and figure something out now. As heard countless times before, "be careful how many times you pump the fucker".

Anywho, this is a great write-up to follow for a great mod. The gun kicks ass, that's all there is to it. Nice work!

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#4 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 10:28 PM

Very nice clean writeup man, the NIC needs more people like you, and less people like the title.

#5 barnes

barnes

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:19 PM

"be careful how many times you pump the fucker".

I blew mine a long time ago too. It was just CVCP'd modded, not to amazing. I want to get a new one and brass it. Awsome write up.

#6 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:43 AM

I did that to my 1500, but I just stuck copperin the barrels, and removed the air restrictors. Maybe I should stop pumping mine up 10, before it blows. I've done it 20+times, and nothing has happened but i'll stop. ;) That is my favorite gun I own. Mine shoots 4 things, 3 of which i don't use on people. The first is, paper blow darts, which are little cone shaped things made of paper, and if you put one of those turkey sewing things in the end they go into trees. It also shoots strws with toothpicks in the end,(like my single shot)which go into trees. Then it shoots the conveinenly right sized berries on a tree in my front yard, then it shoots micro darts, but it either blows the top off or rips the foam, so I gotta find a way to reenforce them. Oh yeah, you could probably be able to pump your 1500 up more, if you reenfore the internals. I don't know if you've ever heard of it cuz it is mostly used in k-moding a Super soaker to make the parts under pressure stronger, and you just simply put a few layers of epoxy over the pressure treated parts.

#7 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:58 PM

Maybe I should stop pumping mine up 10, before it blows. I've done it 20+times, and nothing has happened but i'll stop.

You're shitting me. Obviously, you haven't plugged the release valve. But even then, it's impossible to pump it 20 times. The most I could pump mine safely before I modded it was 8 times. I can't even believe 10 pumps. It's prepostorous.

As far as reinforcement goes, I would like to do so on mine if I get around to fixing it. Still, I'm not sure how I would approach that. I'd probably slap a shitload of crafter's goop on the tubing connections.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#8 godzillasoaker65

godzillasoaker65

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 05:15 AM

I meant i've pumped it 10 times a lot, and probably have pumped it that 20+ times. I can pump it 10 though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users