murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:23 PM

Well is there?
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#2 barnes

barnes

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:33 PM

Mines loud as well. Replacing the old sprig for a spring that spans the whole pluger should do the trick. Also streching the spring..but that also shortens the life of your gun. Try replacing the spring.

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:35 PM

Covering the head of the plunger with foam or neoprene might help. At least I think it's caled neoprene. Anyways, foam craft sheeting screwed/glued on should help.

~ompa

#4 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:38 PM

I found that taking the spring out completely greatly decreases the amount of noise the NF makes. Of course, you're going to sacrifice a little bit of range but your gun will be so quiet you can basically sneak up and barrel tap your opponents instead of shooting them anyways.

#5 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 07:54 PM

I found that taking the spring out completely greatly decreases the amount of noise the NF makes. Of course, you're going to sacrifice a little bit of range but your gun will be so quiet you can basically sneak up and barrel tap your opponents instead of shooting them anyways.

That's the best way to go, but if you want a little more range you can just use foam craft sheet, A.K.A. Foamies. Remember that fun little foam-ish paper-ish stuff from when you were 6? Just cut two circles of that and glue it on the back of the plunger head. Hot glue will NOT burn/melt the foam, maybe if its on "high" I don't know I just use "low."

Has anyone tried putting foam on the front of the plunger head? What I mean by this is the part that hits against the air restrictor, not the part that the spring touches.

Posted Image
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#6 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:13 PM

Ok, thanks. I'm using 3 layers of foam tape and it's quiet(er). NFs sound like they are gonna explode without air restrictors (or foam).
-or-

#7 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:22 PM

If your spring still rings after firing you can put foam around the outside of the plunger tube.

#8 barnes

barnes

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:29 PM

Ah, I get it, I didn't understand where you would put the foam. I was confused.

#9 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:29 PM

There are two threads on this I remember already...
Whatever.
I put a bit of FBR on the top of the plunger head. That was what Sunchip told me to do. I tried it in mine and it made it a tiny bit quieter. It just made it sound like a pop rather than a bang, if that makes sense. Well, there's my input. Hope you can fix it.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 06 September 2005 - 08:30 PM.

SexD Warves

#10 nerfisfun

nerfisfun

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 02:56 PM

but your gun will be so quiet you can basically sneak up and barrel tap your opponents instead of shooting them anyways.

Now, not that that isn't a good Idea or anything, but If you were going to tap them with the barrel, why not just leave the range as is? the gun doesn't make noise when you're not loading or shooting.
QUOTE ( N-Strike agent 007)
  You posted a link to the forum rule in my thread and I nearly threw my computer out the window. Thats like giving some one a demerit in school and not telling them why just handing them a list of rules because you are TO LAZEY to tell them why.

#11 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:59 PM

NF's are hella quiet un-modded, but for some reason, once you just pull out the peg without opening the gun, it gets loud. You could try something like the mech. used on the new BBB, cause unmodded, It's really quiet. And weak. I'm currently modding mine...

#12 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:43 PM

but your gun will be so quiet you can basically sneak up and barrel tap your opponents instead of shooting them anyways.

Now, not that that isn't a good Idea or anything, but If you were going to tap them with the barrel, why not just leave the range as is? the gun doesn't make noise when you're not loading or shooting.

Because if you leave the gun "as is" then it will be loud and you wouldn't be able to be so quiet. Didn't you read my post in this thread?

#13 nerfisfun

nerfisfun

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:51 PM

yeah, but what I'm saying is when taping, it's quiet, and "It's so quiet you sneak up and tap them"< That I'm saying, if you're a s word-er then great be stealthy, but If your going to barrel tap them it doesn't make a differance when taping (or does it?) doesn't make noise untl you shoot, well at least mine doesn't...

Edited by nerfisfun, 13 September 2005 - 03:22 PM.

You posted a link to the forum rule in my thread and I nearly threw my computer out the window. Thats like giving some one a demerit in school and not telling them why just handing them a list of rules because you are TO LAZEY to tell them why.

#14 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:03 PM

You might be able to make a silencer depending on what barrel material you use. If you use PETG and get a loud POP out of the barrel, then a silencer might be perfect. Just take a slightly larger barrel matterial (most likely what ever fits over your current barrel material excluding couplers) and drill holes all through the material. You do NOT want the holes to go in a straight patern, you want a spiral or zigzaggy pattern out of the holes. After this, you can take a TP roll (empty) and cut it to fit tightly over the holes. This works good for decreasing the noise of barrels on spring guns and even better on air guns. For a good barrel to silencer material, try 17/32s inch of brass for the barrel and 19/32s inch for the silencer. Remember to use a drimil.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#15 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:35 PM

yeah, but what I'm saying is when taping, it's quiet, and "It's so quiet you sneak up and tap them"< That it doesn't make noise untl you shoot, well at least mine doesn't...

The stupidity of some people makes me want to kill myself.

Who cares if the gun is loud it doesn't make a difference any way. Just leave it as is and I don't get why there would be any problems.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#16 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 07:42 PM

My NF is loud enough to the point that the "pop" is overnoised (can't get the right word) by the plunger hitting the cap at the end.
-or-

#17 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 08:29 PM

What I did to silence my night finder a decent amount was add some silicone sealent to the top and bottem of the plunger head.
-DTReaper
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#18 nerfisfun

nerfisfun

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:20 PM

yeah, but what I'm saying is when taping, it's quiet, and "It's so quiet you sneak up and tap them"< That it doesn't make noise untl you shoot, well at least mine doesn't...

Who cares if the gun is loud it doesn't make a difference any way. Just leave it as is and I don't get why there would be any problems.

Is that a diss to me? oh well if it is I don't really care because that is comparible/worse then "I am rubber you are glue" OK fine go mod it so you can stealthily sneak up and barrel tap them then, alright are you happy now "leftnut"! nice name ;) oh, and that WAS a quote without using the quote button.

Edited by nerfisfun, 13 September 2005 - 03:24 PM.

#19 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:38 PM

Is that a diss to me? oh well if it is I don't really care because that is comparible/worse then "I am rubber you are glue" OK fine go mod it so you can stealthily sneak up and barrel tap them then, alright are you happy now "leftnut"! nice name :huh: oh, and that WAS a quote without using the quote button.

You are such a douche, his post about making it so it won't fire was a joke. He was screwing around saying how the easiest way to make it quiet was just to take everything out thus rendering the gun pointless.

Oh and there is a story behind the name but I told it a few times when I got it, back 3 years ago.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#20 opiumpanda

opiumpanda

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:53 PM

Unless of course you are playing a really stealthy scenerio in a dark cave than i don't see why you would need your NF to be quiet. It makes sense to have your NF quiet (or any gun for that matter) unless it helps with the range or accuracy.
"i read that nerfs coming out with a 500 watt lazer light that can burn through walls."
Hell you're lucky if you don't get fucked with a spiked bat

#21 Chrysophylax

Chrysophylax

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:59 PM

I heard a story from Talio I think about someone who stuffed an entire T shirt inside of a spring gun to try and make it quieter. What you're hearing is spring clash, I think, so just experiment with different springs and see what works.

One time I put a silencer on an NF and it didn't do anything and it was floppy and stupid. You can see pictures of it if you search for the topic called "Some girl winked at me - does she want my balls?"

Anybody remember that? Eh?

:D
:w00t:
"I FUCKING BEG OF YOU! MY FUCKING BROTHER WOULD GET OFF!"

--Mraow

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users