Post your questions.

#2 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:32 PM

You son of a bitch.

Nice find, I MAY try to pick up one, but seeing as my last two have been utter and complete failures, it's all going to be price-dependent. I mean, I could get a Dart Tag gun (after splitting with a friend) for $21, or an AT3k (after splitting).

So my question: cost?

~ompa

#3 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:33 PM

$25. Pricey, but worth it IMO.

#4 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:37 PM

They are in Stores now? Great, I'll have to orer one from my local TrU.Posted Image

#5 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:38 PM

Yes thank you for this, yes yes yes! So what are ranges?

Edited by Uncle Hammer, 05 September 2005 - 04:48 PM.

Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#6 Starbuck

Starbuck

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 04:50 PM

Now the Nerf market will be flooded with BBBs. There goes my days of selling over priced loser weaponry... ;)
Starbuck, The Noid,
Artemis Arms Armory

#7 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:04 PM

As far as I can tell, there's a new type of air restrictor in the front of the barrel. It sounds much more quiet than the old one. I haven't tried to remove the restrictor yet, but it looks to be an A-hole. This version may not fire micros as easily as the old. I will post an update on further inspection.

Edited by CaptainCC, 05 September 2005 - 05:05 PM.

#8 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:39 PM

YES! This is the gun I've really been looking forward to since April! Thank you so much! I can't see the pictures but if it's a 3B I'm going to get one for sure. Screw that DTB and FF, I'm goin' for the BBB! $25 you say? Sounds like a good deal, and I'll have some arrows to mess around with my brother using the B'nA. Thank you so, so much for this. I'm insanely excited.
SexD Warves

#9 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:05 PM

There's a new air restriction system inside the barrel. It is a pain in the ass. I'm no modding ace, so I'm sure the pros will know how to take care of it, but if you want a quick, simple mod like the old gun, you're not going to find it without opening up the gun, which, if I remember correctly, is rather complex inside. I had to tinker with a pair of pliers for a good half hour to get the new restrictor out (it's not like the old one--it's not simply a vent). This time, the device is a little inserted piece of plastic that moves up and down like a spring, and it has a lip at the bottom to prevent it from being remove easily from the barrell. Also, they've gone and stuck a firing pole inside the barrell. The firing pole also has a plastic cap at the bottom, completely sealing the barrel. More restrictions to make it a pain in the ass. I haven't opened it yet, but it looks to be easy to remove if you can gain access to the back of the barrel. The distance is still in question once the mode is complete.

Also, you probably remember the teeth the original had inside the barrel after removing the air restrictor. The teeth are bigger now, so the dart is harder to fit. They need to be sanded or something. As soon as the modding aces get their hands on this sucker, they should be able to work something out. I'm lost though. I'm sort of annoyed that it's not as easy to mod as it used to be.

#10 CaptainCC

CaptainCC

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:08 PM

Alright, I opened the gun and finished the basic micro mod. I think I may have done somethign wrong as it sounds really rattly every time I fire it. It gets decent distance. Not as much as the old one. I'm glad to have it back in my arsenal, but damn the Nerf team for fixing what aint broken. On the flipside, I thank them for re-releasing the gun.

#11 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:24 PM

How did Nerf get the Arrow Patent back?

#12 Suave

Suave

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:30 PM

Where did the arrow patent rumor start anyway?

Geeze, it's just a foam tube, it's not like they forgot how to make it, or at least couldn't figure out how to make a new one.

#13 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:36 PM

Sorry, I can be really stupid sometimes.

Anywho; is this gonna be like the FF (which still isn't in my area yet), and take a while to get everywhere? Or is it already everywhere?

#14 barnes

barnes

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:44 PM

Only time will tell. I was at my local TrU today and no BBB, and I live in the east coast. There are no FFs either. I sure hope it gets here soon. I need a good outdoor gun.

#15 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:50 PM

Yea I live in Northeast FL.
It'll be interesting, the look on my friend's face, when I tell him about the arrival of the long-awaited BBB.

#16 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 08:21 PM

Ill keep my comments short: Nice to see the big bad bow is out. (Insert OMFG!!@?@ here)
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#17 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:07 PM

That's fookin' great! I'm already planning some sort of a clip mod on it, so I'll need at least one. The only thing that sucks is the $25 price tag. And that air restrictor doesn't sound too friendly...Nonetheless, it's definitely worth it. Hopefully it will reach Minnesota soon. (I still haven't seen an FF) Thanks for the good news!

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#18 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:16 PM

From the sounds of it, I think with a dremel, the restrictor should be no problem at all. Also, I'm liking the red arrows, very nice, yellow is too retro, red does the trick nicely.

#19 The Trouble

The Trouble

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 09:35 PM

Just great. I was about to brag that I got a BBB and 3 other guns for $15 bucks. I guess it's still a good deal, but I want rarity dammit! :(

#20 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 08:40 AM

Red is my favorite color :D

Anyway, that price tag makes sense to me because what do you expect for a "loser rifle"?
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#21 Airsoft999

Airsoft999

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:17 PM

Just called in to my TRU, and they got it, so I'm real happy. And by the way, I'm in the East, where Firefly's haven't gotten into stores yet. Not that it matters to me, but these should be in stores. I just want to see a good pic of the crossfire.

#22 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:08 PM

Excuse my retardedness, but do you need space taking bow "arm" things?
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#23 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:32 PM

Nope, it's just like the arms on the crossbow. It's all for looks. Some people even go as far as to shotgun modify bbb's and completely remove the front handle. It looks pretty damn sexy that way too.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#24 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:47 PM

Ah, I love when unnesessay things are just for look.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#25 Shotty Master

Shotty Master

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 07:45 PM

Ok, Im going to show a bit of noobism here. How good is the BBB?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users