Photo

The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

62 replies to this topic

#26 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:02 PM

Hmm have you thought of weighting the frisbee to get more distance?
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#27 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:16 PM

I can't see any stefans... um is it just me or is the quality so horrible that it's impossible to see it?

EDIT: Nevermind I saw one stefan. But I can't tell how far it went though.

Edited by Crappy Nerfer, 07 September 2005 - 09:18 PM.

"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#28 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 09:24 PM

The Grenade's got some distance!
(The Tapping sounds are the stefans hitting the fence)

And I don't think the other Grenades, suck at all. I've made, Taita's Grenade, and NerfMonkey's Grenades, and they both work quite well.

I haven't tried NerfMonkey's grenade (but I should since I have a spare maverick spring) but Tait's Anzac grenades seen like they would work really well, if only I could find a rubber band that fits. Right now I only have 7" rubber bands (they fit perfectly doubled over Nite Finders) so they don't work very well :lol:

I'm really liking this grenade though. It seems the easiest to throw and stuff. I gotta pick up some of those frisbees.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#29 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 11:58 PM

Oh I didn't see where you said it hit the fence. That's pretty good distance. What 30+?
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#30 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 01:32 PM

Oh I didn't see where you said it hit the fence. That's pretty good distance. What 30+?

Actually, Fence to Fence the distance is 67 ft. The camera was set on a board on the fence, and I threw it at about 10 feet out. Note that not all of the stefans hit the fence, some didn't go out as far, but all went forward.

As for weighting the frisbee: That time it wasn't "full" with stefans, but when loaded to the max and folded very tightly can be thrown pretty far before exploding.

I'll try and get some more video up tonight, since it's 90 degrees out and I don't want to pick up all the stefans.

Edited by Renegade, 10 September 2005 - 01:42 PM.

#31 1313

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 03:14 PM

WHat is the brand/model name of the frisbee? That looks good for some indoor wars we'll be having this fall.

#32 3nerfiteers

3nerfiteers

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:05 PM

Yes, i would like to know too, i here all this buzz about a homeade nerf grenade that sounds awesome, but haven't heard the name of this frizbee among all the "superawesome i love it!" talk.
Quilted northerns, home of the "Crazy Arrow"

#33 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:12 PM

The frisbee's are little promotional giveaways that can be bought for a company and such. I got mine with my schools name and address on it. I'd be able to sell "RenegadeNerf" frisbees for $2 each, as long as I get at least 100 orders. :)

Edited by Renegade, 10 September 2005 - 04:43 PM.

#34 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 05:44 PM

Good job on making that dude. I think you are one of the most helpful of the newer members out there. I think you deserve my respect. Keep your things coming.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#35 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:40 AM

Yes, this thread is old, but I am replying with some more video's and stuff!

This video shows the grenade being thrown indoors. The sounds of the stefans hitting the wall show that it has quite a bit of power.
Indoor Grenade Action

Notice the rather large "killzone" of the grenade when filled with only around 20 stefans.

I will be using this grenade, along with my primary , in an indoor war this week. I will post some more results, and try to possibly have video from the actual war.

Edit/ It appears that the original video's from the first page don't work, but I hope this video explains/shows how everything works./Edit

Edited by Renegade, 26 December 2005 - 01:41 AM.

#36 man with many guns

man with many guns

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 11:05 AM

Wow, thats a nice big area. It looked like it would have a pretty good range to. Haha, that backround noise was kind of funny.
Call me guns.
Mjdfuzzy: meh most people areound here are like "suk my balls michigan" and i'm like "you don't have balls you loser"
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: your mom's an ugly slut
[12:43] mjdfuzzy: ...and i love it

#37 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 12:55 PM

I notice that all of the movies show the grenade opening up and releasing the darts in mid-air, can you show a movie (or can you even make it) where the grenade "explodes" on impact with the floor or wall?
QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#38 Enigma1313

Enigma1313

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:33 PM

Hey...thats pretty freakin genius...I'll have to try this with the promotion Guinness Draft Frisbee I've had since forever. Those folding collapsible frisbees are one of the coolest things ever.

Edited by Enigma1313, 26 December 2005 - 01:33 PM.

"Excellence over Compassion. Hatred over Foregiveness. Dedication before Forfeit. So is the way of the Enigma."
-Excerpt from the Preamble of the Enigma Code.

#39 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 02:48 PM

I notice that all of the movies show the grenade opening up and releasing the darts in mid-air, can you show a movie (or can you even make it) where the grenade "explodes" on impact with the floor or wall?

As per request.

Off the wall action!

Yep, first throw wasn't hard enough. Then my 3 cans of Mountain Dew kicked in, leaped and threw it at the wall, where it then exploded. It might be a little hard to see, but the second throw hits the wall and explodes to the side. Then, I dance for joy, as I run to the camera.

#40 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:48 PM

In the first post, you mentioned that it can hold 3 nerf balls.

Cut them up. They're dense enough to not need to be weighted (unlike stefan foam) and you don't need them anyway...

Cut them in half, then in fourths, then cut each fourth in half and you've got enough foam shrapnel to cover a fairly decent-sized blast radius, and the spray will be thick, so most of the time it won't miss anyone.

Nice job. This looks pretty fun. I'm not sure about practicality in a war, though, because transporting these looks farily touchy. I mean, you can carry the frisbees and the darts/balls, but can you carry them loaded and ready to fire, but hands-free? I'd prefer to still have a gun or two in my hands, but I don't want to have to load a grenade in the middle of a battle if I don't have to.

Just something to think about...
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#41 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:30 PM

Are all your videos in Quicktime?
Because my computer wont load the video and I dont have Quicktime on my computer.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#42 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:36 PM

Off topic, but: Ronster, couldn't you just right click "and save target as" on those links he posted and then open them in Windows Media Player or whatever you're using?

EDIT: That's strange, it lets me save it just fine. Hmmm....

Edited by NerfMonkey, 02 January 2006 - 06:45 PM.

SexD Warves

#43 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:39 PM

It wont let me, Ive already tried that. It says that the right click is disabled.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#44 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:56 PM

Nice job.  This looks pretty fun.  I'm not sure about practicality in a war, though, because transporting these looks farily touchy.  I mean, you can carry the frisbees and the darts/balls, but can you carry them loaded and ready to fire, but hands-free?  I'd prefer to still have a gun or two in my hands, but I don't want to have to load a grenade in the middle of a battle if I don't have to.

I built a ducttape and cardboard holster to hold one at my side. The grenades can be loaded and put into a loose cargo pocket and will not explode. Worst scenario, with the grenade in a pocket, you'd have a stefan or two fall out. I've kept one or two grenade's in one of my pocket, and have ben able to quickly pull them out to stop rusher's and have them not explode in my hand. I've also been able to fit them even tighter to lob to teammates for them to use during a war.

#45 N00BTERMINATOR

N00BTERMINATOR

• Banned
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:55 PM

OMFG!!!!!!!! That has to be the worst idea ever..... Why would you not just use a nerf ball?

#46 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 07:57 AM

Did you even read the thread you ass? You've got to be the most useless troll or extreme n00b here in at least a month.
SexD Warves

#47 Natch

Natch

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:48 AM

Might as well post now. I've been looking at the grenade for awhile(more or less since I joined) and I have thought of something: On the BBB, it seems the top arm works well as a spring launcher, all I figure one would have to do is put something there that could hold the nerf grenade, and a grip for you too pull it down, then launch it like a catapult. Think about it: You're at a standoff, and both of you refuse to fire, waiting for the other guy to. After you fire the BBB, you can follow up by launching the nerf grenade at them, giving you time to reload and fire again, this works, in theory anyway. I hope this will be useful somehow, since I have not tested it myself. Sorry if this has already been thought of.

Edited by Natch, 06 January 2006 - 10:47 AM.

#48 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

OMFG!!!!!!!!  That has to be the worst idea ever.....  Why would you not just use a nerf ball?

You ever post make another post like that again and you're gone. I'm not even kidding. One more time. Tommorow you could find the greatest barrel material that would revolutionize the game and then post another topic like that and you'd be banned instantly. No warnings, no mercy. Just banned.

Choice is yours,

Talio.

PS. Actually after reviewing you're post history, I've changed my mind...there could be hope for you yet.

Account Suspension Notification

N00BTERMINATOR,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended for...well if you don't know then remember that you're special, not retarded. Don't let the kids pick on you anymore.

Your account will not be functional until May 22 2033, 02:33 PM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php

Maybe not...
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#49 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:05 PM

So, I am resurrecting this thread. Why? I had an apiphany! And yes, it hurt when it hit me.

So, take some music wire and make a 16 inch diameter circle with it and tape it together. Strectch some nylon fabric across the circle and cut it out some aobut 1/2 inch extra to the diameter. Now put the nylon on the bottom of the music wire or so you can fold the extra 1/2 inch over and hot glue it shut. You have now made a barricade buster.

I have not tried this yet, but I plan it. And with different material.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#50 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:18 PM

So, I am resurrecting this thread. Why? I had an apiphany! And yes, it hurt when it hit me.

So, take some music wire and make a 16 inch diameter circle with it and tape it together. Strectch some nylon fabric across the circle and cut it out some aobut 1/2 inch extra to the diameter. Now put the nylon on the bottom of the music wire or so you can fold the extra 1/2 inch over and hot glue it shut. You have now made a barricade buster.

I have not tried this yet, but I plan it. And with different material.

DUDE! Thats such a great idea! I'm gonna try that!!!!
I'll test it for you, so you don't waste money.
Timothy M-Lick <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users