Photo

The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

62 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 03:07 PM

This is a working Nerf grenade, that can be loaded with MANY stefans, or 3 nerf balls. It is constructed from a folding frisbee, (It's a very thin cloth-like frisbee, with a circle wire around the end, so it can be folded up,) It is folded in half, filled with as many stefans as possible, then, folded back into a "ball". Once thrown, the frisbee opens up and flings the stefans forward.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Depending on the Tightness of the fold, can be thrown and explode in mid flight, or set to explode after impact. It can spew stefans over a very large radious, and when thrown, almost ALL of the stefans fly straight. It's perfect for throwing around corners, over bases and barricades, a suicide charge, and stopping people from rushing. it could also be thrown up high into the air, and rain stefans down upon the enemy.

Jester and I created this around 2-3 years ago, but used nerf balls with it, so it wasn't very practical. But a few months ago, I found the frisbee's from before, and filled it with stefans, and was amazed at how well it shot them out, and how they all flew forward. I've used this in some wars, and it's very effective against, barricades, and charging opponents.

Here are some video's showing how it works, and the grenade in action.

Setup of the Grenade

The Grenade in action!

The Grenade in action...again!

Note: the grenade is filled with 1& 1/2 inch stefans, so filling it it smaller stefans would prove to have an even more devestating effect. :D

I'm currently looking for the company that makes them, and might be able to order custom Barricade Buster frisbee's and sell them, but for now, I only have around 4 frisbees. <_<

Edited by Renegade, 03 September 2005 - 05:16 PM.

#2 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 04:08 PM

Wow, cool idea Renegade. The videos dont work for me (possible because my quicktime is mest) but I get the point. I have one of these frisbee lying around and will try it out.
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#3 rylundo

rylundo

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 04:40 PM

Cool and intresting idea Rengade. Can't wait to try it out.
I am hungry enough to eat a cow.....no not really just a full sized baby.

quote from chessler
Rylundo, you get the cookie anyway.

Thats right bitchs I got a cookie.

#4 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 05:06 PM

Try and host it on putfile
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#5 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 05:08 PM

Try and host it on putfile

Yep, that's what they were on before, but they didn't work for most people, and that's what I'm going to host them on again.

The Video's are up again, and they work now. <_<

Edited by Renegade, 03 September 2005 - 05:17 PM.

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:00 PM

That's amazing. I'm really impressed by the power and speed of the darts. Very nice; me and Sqiggs will have to try this, I think he's got one of those frisbee things.
SexD Warves

#7 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:25 PM

Good job that is the best nerf grenade Iv seen so far. Those things with filam canisters seriously suck balls. That is an effective that dosn't misfire its nice.

#8 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:13 PM

That's a perfect idea for a grenade. I've seen a lot of designs out there, but this is the first one that actually has been proven to work and not require picking up multiple items besides the darts, like film canisters, springs, and other things like that. If I see some of those frisbees, I'll pick a few up and integrate them into my next war. Great idea Renegade.

#9 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:15 PM

Those things with filam canisters seriously suck balls.

Thanks! While I agree that Renegade's design is the best one yet, I didn't think mine "sucked balls", or did you just mean them in general and not just mine?
SexD Warves

#10 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:50 PM

That is one awsome looking grenade and looks like it packs a punch! Maybe I could use ones for my bomber. He he he... Stay tuned for details.

EDIT-Hmm, I can't play the movies you put up there, Ren <_<

Edited by SG Pilot, 03 September 2005 - 08:00 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#11 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:54 PM

Very cool!
How many stefans can you fit in there?

Edited by Ronster, 03 September 2005 - 07:57 PM.

-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#12 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:08 PM

So whats an accurate range on that? Like how far can you throw it and it still be effective?
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#13 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 09:32 PM

Very cool!
How many stefans can you fit in there?

Well, I can fit 20+ 1 to1.5in. stefans in it. So stefans cut down to 1/3 of the size of the 1.5in. ones, would be able to hold 60+ stefans in one, and should fly out with the same velocity.

As for accurate range, not quit sure, but it shoots the stefans quite far, and if folded up tightly, would open after being thrown a considerable distance. I should be able to test it within the next day or so.

If anyone tries it, post if it works for you or not.

#14 Chessler

Chessler

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 06:31 PM

A very simple and working grenade.

Awesome.

#15 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 07:44 PM

Cool stuff, I have a few of those promotional frisbees lying around. I always had fun throwing them like expanding ninja stars at my sister.

Simple design, and looks like it works well.

Two concerns:

1) Is it fail-safe? Will it ever be packed too tightly that it does not open?

2) Do the Stefans come out hard enough to let the person know that they've been hit?

A general question to anyone considering using them in a war setting; if you throw this directly at someone, is it a hit? Or do you have to wait until the Stefan chunks touch the person?
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#16 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 08:11 PM

Two concerns:

1) Is it fail-safe? Will it ever be packed too tightly that it does not open?

2) Do the Stefans come out hard enough to let the person know that they've been hit?

A general question to anyone considering using them in a war setting; if you throw this directly at someone, is it a hit? Or do you have to wait until the Stefan chunks touch the person?

Usually before I throw it, I slightly open it, so it'll open up when thrown softly, but when filled to the max with stefans, should open almost every time.
If packed tightly, but still having a decent amount of stefans, will open almost every time if thrown "fast".

Well, I haven't been hit by one yet, but other's know when they're hit.
I'll edit this in a little while since i'm about to Nerf and i'll see if i can feel it.

If someones hit with the packed frisbee, we consider it a dud, and won't count, but can be used against the others or the ammo from the insides can be used.

#17 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:15 PM

Okay that sounds cool.

I'd hate to have it explode on my chest or something, the thin wire frame is still pretty tough.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#18 Jester

Jester

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:53 PM

This thing really does work, I know from experience. Theres nothing more satisfying then throwing a grenade and seeing your oppenants get hit from a shower of stefans.

~J
Member of the Chaos Brigade. Home to the Elite Iowa Nerfers.

#19 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:12 AM

I love it. Now I am only wondering if i could load it,fold it up,package it and send it to someones house. They open the box they get a load of stefans to the face and I get a kill. Could these be posted as a trap. Maybe some thin duck tape holding the flaps together. Then some fishing line around the thin peice of tape. Line that wire up like a trip wire. Hrmmmmmmm Thanks Renegade I will be looking into this.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#20 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:37 AM

Ya a load of stefans which can in turn hit, them in the eye and then they can sue your ass(atleast I would)! That sounds like fun...
QUOTE (Talio)

#21 footemps

footemps

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:25 AM

Tons of fun, since shooting nerf darts doesn't already have that risk since we have those AWESOME DART TAG GLASSES. lol

#22 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 05:02 PM

The people who play the clan wars are fully aware of the risks of the game. If a player takes one to the eye then they will probably cry a little and rub it clean and be more upset that they have been eliminated rather than go out and sue someone. There is an 19 year old age limit for the game so maturity should be at par with everyone elses. Although I have been wrong in the past.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 05 September 2005 - 05:03 PM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#23 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 01:22 AM

Good job that is the best nerf grenade Iv seen so far. Those things with filam canisters seriously suck balls. That is an effective that dosn't misfire its nice.

Wow, consider me ball sucker extraordinaire, because my grenades work perfectly every time. I like this design a lot, but to say mine are so terribly homosexual is just rude. Could I respond by insulting your english skills? Or lack of?
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#24 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 10:17 AM

You could also (possibly) tape or tie this to a tree with fishing line attached to the opening end and tie the fishing line to a tree opposite to the grenade. Of course you would put it in the "impact" formation. This would be more plosible for rushers or for *fake retreats.

*plant bomb, and run to more heavily foritfied base to take the enemy out easierly.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#25 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 07 September 2005 - 08:38 PM

Here's a video showing that the grenade has some pretty good range. It's in Quicktime though, since lost the free trial on my video converter.

The Grenade's got some distance!
(The Tapping sounds are the stefans hitting the fence)

And I don't think the other Grenades, suck at all. I've made, Taita's Grenade, and NerfMonkey's Grenades, and they both work quite well.

Edited by Renegade, 07 September 2005 - 08:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users