Photo

Disque Launchers

17 replies to this topic

#1 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:04 PM

Sorry I spelled disc strangly, but oh well. Hey, I wondering about other people's opinions on disc launchers, the things that shoot discs. From what I see in the reviews, they're very impractical due to their poor accuracy and range. However that have great ROF as they say. Any possible ways to improve them at all?

Posted Image

Edited by SG Pilot, 31 August 2005 - 09:06 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:11 PM

Not if it's motorized. You can pop a 9V battery in the Spitfire and it will "spit" all its disks out in like a half second or something but it destroys it fast.

Disk launchers suck and that's all there is to it.
SexD Warves

#3 blink 182

blink 182

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:48 PM

Not if it's motorized. You can pop a 9V battery in the Spitfire and it will "spit" all its disks out in like a half second or something but it destroys it fast.

Disk launchers suck and that's all there is to it.

I Think you are thinking of the wrong gun Monkey. The Splitfire is air powered?
New Price On Freedom, Buy Into It While Supplies Last...

#4 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 10:51 PM

The parker bros spitfire gun. It had like clips of disks and a flame paint job on it. It didn't stay on the market to long because of that 9V battery trick (safety hazard).
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#5 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:15 AM

I Think you are thinking of the wrong gun Monkey. The Splitfire is air powered?

Spitfire, Tony. It seems that there are two guns that share very similar names.

I'm guessing the Spitfire, like the plane, is made by a non-Nerf company, which shoots discs. The Splitfire is a Nerf product, and is air-tank powered dart shooter.

Disc shooters suck.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#6 pinhead52

pinhead52

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:43 AM

It's true that they have un-modifiably crappy aim and range, but they have awesome rates of fire as well as clip-loading standard. Maybe you can pioneer a new nerf revolution where these guns can become somewhat useable?

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:15 AM

My desk is back to back with the other guy in my office. I'm sitting literally 6 feet from him with nothing in between but a few monitors. With a disk gun I hit him with about 1/3 of my shots if I'm lucky.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#8 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:33 AM

disk-shotters aren't all that bad...They're Just Not All That Good...

Here's a Picture of A SPITFIRE

Posted Image

Sorry, It's kinda small.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#9 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 02:07 PM

Bags, I've got a Spitfire and can't stand that thing. I've got an extra clip and about fifty disks and it's still useless. I'm sympathetic to anyone who's got one.

Edited by NerfMonkey, 01 September 2005 - 02:07 PM.

SexD Warves

#10 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:27 PM

Has anyone tried upgrading the motor(s)? Of course, you would need a larger battery voltage. But hey, if you can maybe get a fully-automatic one, then let the wars go on in the office.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#11 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:24 PM

Disque Launchers could be good sidearms to back you up with their rapid fire action.

#12 ubernerfer

ubernerfer

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 10:04 PM

My neighbor has that little spring Supermax disc launcher and well one its very inaccurate and 2 its range is like 10ft maybe

#13 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:04 AM

I had a right-up of an idea of how to modify the Vortex firestorm to shoot stefans. I just have to fin a way to get rid of the toothy part in the front.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#14 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 10:41 PM

I had a right-up of an idea of how to modify the Vortex firestorm to shoot stefans.

A what?

Oh, and we're not talking about Koosh, bud. We're talking about disk launchers. Try to read the thread before posting in it, first.

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--

#15 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:25 PM

Bags, I've got a Spitfire and can't stand that thing. I've got an extra clip and about fifty disks and it's still useless. I'm sympathetic to anyone who's got one.

Yeah, It's Loud, Inacurate, And Lame, But at the same time it's kinda fun...It's something from my childhood that I promently remember. Right along With My Secret Shot(Which I had untill 2004, that's right 11 years! Then It and all my nerf stuff mysteriously dissapeared...This was, of course, before I found The NIC...) and My Wildfire. So I can't ever truly hate it...

I had a right-up of an idea of how to modify the Vortex firestorm to shoot stefans.

A what?

Oh, and we're not talking about Koosh, bud. We're talking about disk launchers. Try to read the thread before posting in it, first.

Dude, haven't you noticed the fact that LMA Lives By "Posting Before He Thinks" If He Thinks At all...which is debatable.

-Bags :D

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#16 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:18 AM

Speaking of Vortex guns, what are your opinions on vortex rings? I used a zing ring launcher thing (the big sling shot suckers that shoot those big styrofoam rings) the other day and found that I could pick off people on top of a tree fort in a game of island wars. I think the Vortex rings are not impractical to use.

Edited by SG Pilot, 27 September 2009 - 07:45 PM.

#17 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:19 AM

Speaking of Vortex guns, what are your opinions on vortex rings?

They are indeed the most accurate of foam weapons that we have found so far; it's kind of common knowledge. You're going to get posts saying things like the following:

- Good accuracy
- Decent range
- Good ROF
- Lack of refills for stock ring
- Lack of technology to make homemade rings that live up to/exceed stock ring preformance
- Lack of availibility; these things are rare
- Durability issues?

Theres my run-down, and I know others will have much more to say.

--

#18 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 11:39 AM

My major criticism of them is their velocity. They move slow enough that leading your shots becomes rediciously hard and they are easily dodged. The wind also changes the path of the ring, which sucks.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users