A Full Auto Homemade

I THINK I HAVE AN IDEA

17 replies to this topic

#1 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 06:39 PM

This may sound inpracractical, but I had a dream last night.

Ok, I was thinking of multiple PVC airtanks with darts on them, so when you fire, the airtank/shell ejects then a new airtank/shell chambers.

I am thinking of something like a bicycle tire valve so you can refill and reuse the airtanks.

The clip would be incredible huge, but how do you think the nuclear bomb started? (Hint: HUGE!)

Any improvements are accepted.
Nerfing, now fortified with vitamin C!
-or-
100% Nerf, for 100% pwnage.

Nerf is a neutral weapons dealer. Anyone coughing up the dough can get armed.

and they're made of Foam... which makes them very Nerfy...

#2 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 06:58 PM

I don't really understand your... "idea".

By the sounds of it, it's just an overelaborate waste of time. You're going to fabricate 20 PVC airtanks, 20 barrels, and fill them all up via tire valve. You're then going to make an enourmous magazine to contain these 20 or so tanks/barrels, figure out a way to cycle them automatically, figure out a way to pull a firing pin, hope that you can find a way to eject these tanks, and then hope that it fires more than 10 feet?

Good luck, buddy.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#3 boltsniper

boltsniper

• Contributors
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:12 PM

Precharged shells have been kicked around for a while now. Zero has a design for one on his site. It should work but I don`t know if it's the best approach for full auto

#4 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:14 PM

I agree with black. It's possible, just very hard and not practical. It would be much easier to just make a automatic valve and figure out how to automatically load a dart.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#5 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:25 PM

I agree with black. It's possible, just very hard and not practical. It would be much easier to just make a automatic valve and figure out how to automatically load a dart.

::Agreement::

#6 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:57 PM

Would it really be easier? If it is why have people thought about precharged shells before automatic chambering? Sure auto chambering is more practical, but you have to figure out how it would work which is already done with precharged shells. All you have to do is build it.

Edited by murakumo32, 31 August 2005 - 07:57 PM.

-or-

#7 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:28 PM

This may sound inpracractical, but I had a dream last night.

Thanks for sharing that dream.

Good luck in pursuing it. Post again with any progress you've made.

All you have to do is build it.

That's the idea! Now get to work.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#8 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 04:52 PM

What would be cool is an adaptation from boltsniper's FAR. Use airpower to cycle the action (take out the spring) and use air power to shoot the dart. Of course, that's a lot of air, but it would be simpler, i think.

#9 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:01 PM

It would also be interesting to see if you could take these re-usable tanks and just make a semi-auto kind of thing. Make it big enough for around 5 shots, so you could make a 5 round ompa clip and incorporate that into the system. To use, load the air tank and clip in. Cycle and fire all five rounds, then repeat. I dunno how you'd be able to really do that, but it's just an idea.

TS

#10 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:35 PM

I built a prototype (camera broken, sorry) and it shoots pretty well (30 ft). I am thinking of a chain-fed machine gun cause an ammo box I found fits the rounds pretty well. I will use duct tape as the chain, but I still need help on feeding the chain.
-or-

#11 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:45 PM

How can we help you if we have no idea what this "gun" looks like.

#12 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

I don't know what the gun looks like either. But the round is 7" and is made out of 1" PVC. Their is a "L" bent paper clip on the release valve that is pulled to release the air.
-or-

#13 Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 07:07 PM

So your prototype was just the shells then?

#14 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 09:14 PM

Or buy a brass eagle semi auto marker, mod the sear so it fires automatic and add a clip system to the front bolt. Would work real nice if you slow the fire rate down so it can actually load the next dart/shell. If you think about it it's not that hard, another idea is to make small light weight shells out of like petg and have an extraction/ejection system on the end of a pc/rf20/wf piston with a spring fed clip. I've put much thought into homemade autos, I like the brass eagle idea best, my friend has one he doesn't want and it would get some really nice ranges.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#15 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:57 PM

Why would you want to make it more complicated with shells. I think its better if its jsut like ompa's clips just darts. You have to do something like Flame bo just said or what TS suggested. Those are the 2 best and easiest way to have at least semi-auto maybe not full auto however.

Edited by Osiris, 03 September 2005 - 07:58 PM.

#16 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 10:26 PM

Because with shells it looks cooler when all the shells are flying out the side of the gun.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#17 texmustache

texmustache

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 04:56 PM

Because boltsniper has already made a reliable system that uses and ejects shells and could be adapted?

#18 murakumo32

murakumo32

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:12 PM

I think the secret to semi auto without precharged shells lies within the disc launcher. If you can make a homemade that pulls the plunger back when you pull the trigger, it may work. Sounds more practical than pre-charged, eh?
-or-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users