Photo

The R-clip Write-up

14 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:27 PM

Well I finished the write up pretty fast so I thought I should just post it now. So here it is.

The Renegade Clip Write-Up

Materials
1x ½ in. CPVC Coupler
2x ½ in. PVC Coupler
½ inch PVC
Duct tape
17/32 brass
9/16 brass
Velcro Patches (optional)
Cardboard
Dremel with cutting bit
Video Camera Tape Case

Step one: Cut a small section of 9/16 brass and wrap it in some duct tape. Place the section into one end of the CPVC Coupler. Make sure it fits tightly.
Posted Image

Step two: Insert the CPVC with the brass facing forward into the PVC Coupler.
Posted Image

Step three: Take the tape Case and dremel out a rectangle slightly bigger than your stefans.
Posted Image

Step four: Cut out a section of cardboard and place it on one side of the inside of the tape case.
Posted Image

Step five: Cut 2 smaller sections of Cardboard that fit inside the case like so, and position them so they fit your stefans. The Cardboard should fit snugly.
Posted Image

Step six: Cut a Rectangle in a piece of ½ in. PVC, that’s a tad wider than the Tape Case hole.
Posted Image

Step seven: Place 2 duct tape strips on the tape lid, around the duct tape.
Posted Image

Step eight: Place the clip, onto the lid.
Posted Image

This Step is optional: Place some Velcro strips on the PVC and the Clip, to help secure it while moving.

Step nine: Add on another PVC Coupler, and some more PVC like shown.
Posted Image

Step ten, insert a piece of 9/16 brass with 17/32 brass sticking out the end, into the PVC.
Posted Image

Step eleven: Glue the CPVC coupler onto your gun.

Step twelve: Go Out and Nerf.

There, you have successfully made your very own Renegade Clip!

Using the Renegade Clip:

Load the clip with four Stefans.
Close the clip.
Pull the brass out far enough for a Stefan to drop into the chamber.
Push the brass back in.
Pump/ cock your weapon.
Fire.
Repeat.

And there you have it. This should work on most guns, and in theory will work on pistols, also.

#2 rylundo

rylundo

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:42 PM

Once again thats so awesome but does it affect ranges in any way and if so how and is it noticeable.
I am hungry enough to eat a cow.....no not really just a full sized baby.

quote from chessler
Rylundo, you get the cookie anyway.

Thats right bitchs I got a cookie.

#3 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 06:46 PM

It get's the same ranges of a breech modded Airtech2000, and it seems to be up to par with my friend and I's single barreled at2k's. I can't notice any differance in range, But i'll range test it soon, with the clip, and single'd without the clip.

Here's me holding My At2k.

Posted Image
(Note the awesome NerfHaven T! Which is barly visible. :lol: )

Edited by Renegade, 23 August 2005 - 06:56 PM.

#4 Handlethis

Handlethis

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 07:59 PM

Once again, nicely done renegade... it's a good, low cost alternative for those RoF troubles. Great Job.

HT
Knowledge is black and white, but the more I learn, the more it seems that life was meant to be lived in gray.

#5 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:04 AM

That is so awesome, Renegade! I would have thought the ranges would have decreased becase air escapes where the clip is, correct?
"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#6 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 05:19 AM

Didn't mean to DP.

Edited by Crappy Nerfer, 24 August 2005 - 05:19 AM.

"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#7 Handlethis

Handlethis

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 09:46 AM

That is so awesome, Renegade! I would have thought the ranges would have decreased becase air escapes where the clip is, correct?

No, it doesn't decrease range as much as you'd think. The only air that escapes is the air that gets inbetween the brass and the pvc, which when you think about it isn't much. It works just like a breech loader.

Edited by Handlethis, 24 August 2005 - 09:47 AM.

Knowledge is black and white, but the more I learn, the more it seems that life was meant to be lived in gray.

#8 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 10:22 AM

Where can we find video camera tape cases like yours I have cassette tape holders but the side opens instead of the top. I then looked at the video camera tape holders I have and they opened the same way as the tapes. I built a breech like yours a few months ago out of cpvc and pvc only and I haven't used it on a gun because I couldn't make a clip. If I can find a tape holder like yours I can use the breech.

I would suggest wraping some thing around the brass barrel like tape to keep it from falling out when you pull it forward. Also how often does it jam?
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#9 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:15 AM

Try just using balsa wood. That way you can make a solid clip that you don't need to worry about the cardboard adjustment. Just look for my clip mod, and use Renegade's breech system. Mine is basically a simplified version of Boltsniper's.

If done correctly, it rarely ever jams- at least I know mine, if the clip is loaded correctly, barely ever does, and Renegade's uses basically the same design.

~ompa

Edited by ompa, 24 August 2005 - 11:16 AM.

#10 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:25 AM

Where can we find video camera tape cases like yours

You should be able to find them, at stores like, K-Mart, WalMart, and Best Buy.
Here's a picture of the actual tape, that goes in the case.
Posted Image
And Here's the Case next to a regular VHS for size compairison.
Posted Image
The Case, is slightly wider than the VHS.

#11 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 11:28 AM

It's a VHS-C tape case. Thankfully a mostly dead tape format. 8mm was vastly superior and now we've moved on to digital.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#12 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 07:28 PM

Do you know what brand it is? I went to walmart and they had phillips,maxxel and sony brands. One of the phillips packs was open so I took a tape out to look at the case. Its wasn't the right case. It was one that opened from the sides. I would have bought some but the cheapest was a two pack for $5. Do any stores or websites just sell the cases?
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#13 stanpig

stanpig

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 03:46 PM

That's awesome I've been trying to hatch an idea for a good clip but I think I'll just half-ass it and use this one. I hope my home depot has the materials, they don't tend to have things when I need them...

Edited by stanpig, 26 August 2005 - 03:47 PM.

#14 NerfLad78

NerfLad78

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 04:12 PM

Ahhh... now I can just sit back and watch the Rate Of Fire Renaissance go by in full swing. What's next, I wonder?

Good mod, I'm really into short barrels, medium range, As - Much - Foam - as - I can - Get - Into - the - Air - at - One - Time sort of thing. I kinda got this philosophy from Paintball.

I'll try this if I find the time.

P.S: I'm back from my slight posting break! Has alot happened?

Edited by NerfLad78, 26 August 2005 - 04:14 PM.

#15 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 05:11 PM

Wait a minute so its gravity fed right? Its not spring fed I assume just looking at the pics. It looks pretty simple to make good job and looks like it would work well.

Edited by Osiris, 26 August 2005 - 05:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users