Photo

Nerf Bullets

7 replies to this topic

#1 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:12 PM

Here is a writeup for my nerf bullets that I invented a while ago, after my titan began killing my homemade micros. You can also make mega bullets with the same procedure.

Posted Image
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Make a somewhat tight hole for a single mardi gras bead (they are fairly easy to take off the string).

2. Push the bead in and duct tape it in (use enough so you don't kill people with the bead).

In the end the dart should be about 1/2 an inch long and covered in duct tape.
You can put more than one in the barrel for shotgun-ness if a powerful gun is used. Their range is damn good, accuracy is good and velocity is crazy, of course you can use steel ball bearings, brass BBs or lead sinkers but I don't use them to decrease the mortality rate. Due to the slight diameter increase CPVC generally a bad barrel for them but otherwise they work in whatever works for other micros (or megas for mega bullets).

Good look, god save the queen and all that jazz.

EDIT: Have scissors handy for trimming any excess duct tape.

Edited by euphemism, 22 August 2005 - 08:14 PM.

#2 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 08:48 PM

Cool. Those look like they would hurt a bit less than hot glue tipped Stefans. I like the concept, and they look cool. Plus you could more easily put your initials on the tape than on FBR. Nice idea. When I get some duct tape I might actually try this one, I'm always really interested in new dart ideas.
SexD Warves

#3 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:59 PM

It looks cool a probably shoots good to but puting duct tape on FBR might be a little hard and tricky. But I have never made one so I dont really know. But great concept euphemism.

-Doom
May doom great you with a whole hearty smile and milk and cookies.
(I love cookies) (But not sugar cookies)

world domination (oh that was my 5th grade self in a straight jacket saying that)

#4 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 10:05 PM

I bet those fit great in some 9/16 brass.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#5 rylundo

rylundo

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:37 PM

I made a couple of thoose except using electrical tape and they worked real good except black electrical tape makes them hard to find.

Edited by rylundo, 23 August 2005 - 12:37 PM.

I am hungry enough to eat a cow.....no not really just a full sized baby.

quote from chessler
Rylundo, you get the cookie anyway.

Thats right bitchs I got a cookie.

#6 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 25 August 2005 - 03:26 AM

Thanks everyone for all positive comments. One thing that's great about them is that they are utterly invincible. Also they can fire from most guns modded to fire stefans from sspb to titan.

Note to anyone making them: Be sure that they are at least slightly longer than wide so they don't roll when you ramrod them.

EDIT: oops this was meant to me in homemades I didn't notice it was here until now, please move

Edited by euphemism, 25 August 2005 - 03:27 AM.

#7 barnes

barnes

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 03:14 PM

Awsome idea, but I don't think it will replace my regular stefans..though I am looking for an easier stefan to make. I might make a few later.

#8 Starsnuffer

Starsnuffer

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 03:28 PM

It seems like the duct tape would A. Cause too much friction and B. be a bit time consuming to apply so nicely around the whole head like that. But I guess I shall learn from experience.
I'm just a newb, don't hurt me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users