How Is The Lbb...

compared to other "sniper" guns

41 replies to this topic

#1 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 07:52 PM

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't search for lbb (4 char limit), so anyways I wanted to know how good is the Lanard Blast Bazooka compared to other guns such as the at2k, sm5k, crossbow, other long-range guns? Is it just me or does this gun not seem that popular? Since its a big single-shot air gun shouldn't it get about the same ranges as an sm5k?

#2 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:01 PM

Wow. You tell us you couldn't search LBB and then ask us about it in its full name.

Some people's stupidity dumbfounds me...
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#3 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:53 PM

I can search for "lanard blast bazooka" but I cant search for any topic that used the abbreviation LBB... so I will be missing some topics where people didnt use the full name..

this is the same with the BBB. I wanted to search for mods for my bbb but I couldnt search for topics that only used the abbreviation "BBB"

Edited by scientology, 15 August 2005 - 08:55 PM.

#4 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:56 PM

So what? Have you looked through the results for the full name? Didn't think so.

2 Seconds of Work
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#5 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 09:03 PM

That is exactly what I did. Like I said I just might have missed a topic that maybe some people didn't use the full name. Anyways. I was just looking for people's opinions on how it compares to other long-range guns. I dont see why you have to start attacking and insulting me.

#6 PissBacon

PissBacon

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 01:18 AM

Dude, check out the mods section (http://nerfhaven.com/mods/haze_bb/)

Some of its lack of popularity may be due to inferior quality (mainly durability) when compared to Hasbro alternatives (though it sure is accessible at $10). I still consider it a decent gun and bought a second after modding my first though. If you're concerned about range you can search to find what other people are getting with the guns you mentioned

#7 doomforu

doomforu

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:30 AM

When I modded my LBB and took it over to a friends house to help him mod his crossbow that he got of Ebay. I got mine from the same person as him. I tool my modded LBB over to and he thought it was asome so he bought it for 35 dollars! Well LBB is a pertty good gun but i like the AT2k and the Crossbow better.

-Doom
May doom great you with a whole hearty smile and milk and cookies.
(I love cookies) (But not sugar cookies)

world domination (oh that was my 5th grade self in a straight jacket saying that)

#8 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:20 PM

The LBB is a good gun, with great range and accuracy. However, as stated, the plastic that it is made out of doesn't seem to be as high-quality as the plastic used with Hasbro's or Lanard's guns. Also, the trigger pull is a bit funny, and those who are too lazy to fix that may find it a hinderance or annoyance. Personally, I just don't like how it feels, but everyone is different.

~ompa

#9 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:53 PM

The trigger pull is horrible. If you don't pull the trigger fast and swiftyl all the air will be released slowly. And the trigger mech is made of plastic and breaks pretty easily. But anyone who manages to fix these problems, the LBB is a good gun.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#10 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:00 AM

Thanks, I have just picked one up at TRU (seems like its pretty common at tru) and I havent really tested it properly yet, but yeah the trigger is pretty messed and the handle is a bit small but it was so cheap, 15 bucks canadian. I'll mod it soon I'm hoping it will outperform an sm1500 or at2k at least.

btw, ompa this gun is made by lanard, or were you talking about another brand?

Edited by scientology, 17 August 2005 - 12:02 AM.

#11 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:09 AM

The trigger mech isn't that much to deal with. I love my LBB. The way I fixed the trigger in my mod was only temporary. I ended up actually melting the piece I cut onto the trigger mech so there's no pad room between the orange piece and the pull. It’s now one sturdy piece. It works really nicely.

It's not the best gun out there, but I find it to be one of my most accurate guns, and it was dirt cheap. I’ve always been a one-shot kill kind of guy when it comes to nerfing. I’m a sucker for single shot rifles.
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#12 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:16 AM

btw, ompa this gun is made by lanard, or were you talking about another brand?

Well, most likely the LBB you bought was from the AirZon Line of Non-Nerf Reproductions licensed to Toys-R-Us, and the plastic is kinda cheap.

-Bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#13 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:00 AM

What he means is the LBB says Lanard on it somewhere, not sure where, and I think Lanard must make Airzone and the Max Shot, First Shot, etc. are also made by Lanard, just not in the same line and the X-Stream Air line was what ompa was talking about.
SexD Warves

#14 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:40 AM

hmm that's weird. Well I have the grey and red one, so I guess mines the cheap one... :D

#15 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:50 AM

Just pop the air restrictor off and load a stefan in there. Two seconds of work and the gun is four times better. I love my lbb.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#16 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:30 AM

Don't worry, as far as I know all three versions are the same, just yours is cooler colors.
SexD Warves

#17 grunty

grunty

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

i just replace the stock handle with a cpvc one :D
at2k s are the best no questions asked!!!

#18 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:33 PM

Ya really if your a fan of ram rodding guns, then just pop off the air restricotr and shove a dart down there. The stock barrel fits stefans nicely.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#19 grunty

grunty

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:40 PM

i coudent get mine to shoot farther than 20 feet ^_^
at2k s are the best no questions asked!!!

#20 MattPaintballer

MattPaintballer

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:46 PM

If you look at the trigger, notice how it is shaped like a U and fits over that little rod.

To fix that horrible trigger pull, I just put some hot glue on the back of the U. It's easier to layer the glue rather than just globbing it on; put a bead around the U and let it dry, then put another bead over that, let it dry, etc.
"I think politicians are much more irritating than hippies."
"the56ace,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you."
-cxwq
If ignorance is bliss, our president must be ecstatic.

#21 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:00 PM

I have a really in-depth mod for the LBB still being written up, that I originaly was going to post during the "change of hosts" I only got about half way done, saved it to word that night, and just haven't continued it.

-Bags

#22 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:30 AM

matt I did what you said with the hot glue and its still hard like hell to pull the trigger :lol: I think whats wrong with this gun is the firing pin thing is just too hard to pull out from the airtank.

grunty it could be your darts not fitting in the barrel, or you have to seal the connection between your new cpvc barrel and the old one. how did you put on your new barrel? because it should not be performing so bad

By the way I cant seem to pump this thing more than 5 times now even though it says on the box you're supposed to pump 8 times. I was able to do 8 at first. I also saw someone else on these forums had this problem. Does anyone know whats up with this.

Edited by scientology, 19 August 2005 - 01:33 AM.

#23 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:53 AM

My lbb doesn't shoot that far either. I have ok stefans and they fit well inside the stock barrel but the performance isn't anything near a nerf pump gun. Maybe I just need to plug the air pressure release to unlock it's true potential.

#24 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:04 AM

it's a pain in the ass to try to get to the pressure release valve, most likely, your problem is that you don't quite have the fireing down yet, you have to pull back that trigger quickly in order to fire a dart far and hard.

-bags

#25 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 02:54 PM

Well, if you do just the barrel mod it sucks, it shoots like 50' with micros. If you clog the release valve I bet it could get 120' and be an amazing loser. Its sort of hard to do because on top of the 2 screws holding the pump chamber together there is glue holding the 2 peices together. You have to find a away to get them apart someone told me that using a hair dryer you can get the two pieces seperated and then be able to clog the release valve for mroe pressure. If this is done Im sure it will get amazing range.

Edited by Osiris, 20 August 2005 - 02:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users