Photo

Reinforcing The Nitefinder...

14 replies to this topic

#1 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:37 AM

I have heard people say that when they took out the restrictors on their nf, the plunger gets damaged really quickly and even eventually the plunger head can actually break off. I see why because it's made of a really thin piece of plastic screwed onto the plunger and it just looks like its going to break (even though mine is new).

Has anyone tried to reinforce their nf if so how did you do it?

#2 Davis

Davis

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:53 AM

I've actually never heard of a NF plunger breaking to be honest.

You sure you aren't pulling this out of your ass because it makes a loud report when it shoots?
QUOTE ("Devious")
2. Laugh like a maniac as you pummel them with your balls.

#3 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:52 AM

You're probably thinking of the crossbow, the night finder is built pretty well, I have a very large and powerful spring in mine and I don't see any wear on the plunger or plunger head. The night finder's plunger head is held on by a screw unlike so many spring guns before it.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#4 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:58 AM

The only reinforcing a NF needs is e-tape and super glue so that you dont blow your barrel off.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#5 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:26 PM

hmm well I saw at least 2 people who said there nf's plunger head was showing signs of damage after only a few days

Yea it is loud when it shoots too

#6 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:34 PM

Now, the cap on the end of the plunger pops off, but the plunger head?
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#7 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:26 PM

Ok has anyone ever unscrewed the plunger head of the nf before? I want to put foam sheet on the head of the plunger but I dont want to glue it on. I was thinking I could unscrew the plunger head, put a piece of foam craft sheet in front of the plunger, and just screw the foam sheet in and screw the plunger head on. would I damage the plunger if I unscrew it?

*this is to reduce noice by the way and also lessen the impact of the plunger head.. hopefully

Edited by scientology, 13 August 2005 - 09:27 PM.

#8 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:33 PM

Ya you can unscrew it and take it off, thats easy. Look I'm telling you man alot of springers are loud. Your not gonna ruin the head like that, just e-tape the plunger to the barrel and put some super glue to hold it all together and your NF will be fine.
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#9 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:46 PM

*this is to reduce noice by the way and also lessen the impact of the plunger head.. hopefully

Exactly the purpose of that mod. If you end up glueing it behind the plungerhead, your spring won't hit the plungerhead. This will result in a slightly quieter shot, and you won't have any damage done to the plungerhead. I've never really heard of damage being done to the head anyway, but at least it will make an almost quiet shot. Your gun will still make noise, that's a given. As Hammer said, springers will make noise. Especially if they're named Jerry...

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#10 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:58 PM

ooh Lordoftherings you were the one who put the foam craft sheet in the nf? What kind of glue did you use? I wanted to use the screw thats already there to screw the foam on instead of glueing it, do you think thats a good idea?

Uncle hammer I guess you're right but I was thinkin of banding it so I just want to do everything possible to keep it from breaking. Because I always ruin my nerf guns <_<

Edited by scientology, 13 August 2005 - 10:00 PM.

#11 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:31 PM

Well, I wasn't the one who did it, but yes I've done it to my NF. I cut the sheet so it would fit perfectly behind the head, then I just used good o'le hot glue to place the foam sheet behind the plunger. I'm not really sure about screwing it into place. That may just bunch up the foam sheet so you have a big hunk traveling through the shaft. That's not my style, glue just worked for me. But if you get that to work well, it's cool too. Don't worry too much about breaking your NF. It's pretty durable (my sister dropped it out of a 2 story window and it came away with just a scratch), and if worst comes to worst, you've always got another one waiting to be purchased for $5-6. Besides, some of the best mods come with the sacrifice of a gun.

Happy Modding!

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#12 scientology

scientology

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:41 PM

cool thanks, the reason I didn't want to use glue was because I have problems with hot glue, it never sticks, and also epoxy is not good for me because I'm really impatient. But I'll try it with the hot glue first

#13 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:22 PM

Like I said the only problem I've ever had with my NF is it blowing the barrel off. So just hot glue your barrel on real good and wrape some e-tape around the barrel/plunger conection and your good to go.
QUOTE (Talio)

#14 R123000

R123000

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:08 PM

Hey scientology,

I HAVE had my plunger head break away from the plunger shaft. I heard a snap as I was cocking the gun and the screw fell out and dropped down the stairs lol. At first I just got another screw and then hot glued it but that lasted like all of 20 shots... So I just put in a wood screw that was a little wider and a little longer than the original screw in the plunger head and I have not had any problems with it since. If yours is starting to look a little weak it might be worth it to do it before you are out with friends and have to spend your time tearing your gun apart instead of shooting them with foam...

~Ryan

#15 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:52 AM

I've had my plunger head on my NF break once. After modding it and putting on a cpvc barrel it came loose, the screw not being sufficent to hold it in place.

The best solution I found for that problem was to expoy it back on. I've no problems with the gun since. You can wait the day it takes to dry. The world won't end before then and I'm sure you can play with your other nerf guns until it sets.

The hardest thing to learn as a modder is patience.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users