Maniac 2?

Ok, now i'm serious

65 replies to this topic

#51 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 06:57 AM

Ehhhhh, yeah. I thought I saw snow. Just kidding. Sorry for spazzing like that.

TS

#52 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:24 AM

No problem, I'v been there and done that before anyway. It's 7:30 now. After I get out of work at 5 I'll br making my way to Cambridge to stay at MIT. See you all at 1000 hours tomorrow.
I hate you.

#53 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

Great! Thanks again for coming down. Have fun on the way up :D .

TS

#54 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:52 PM

Ooh! Sorry to DP again, but this needs to be seen. BRING EYEWEAR! This will help everyone have both of their eyes upon leaving MANIAC 2. Very important! I'll be bringing two pair, possibly three. Euph, you should get your friends some shades as well. It's supposed to be sunny, too :lol:.

TS

#55 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:13 PM

I love free stuff and great nerf wars so it's no surprise I was pleased by yesterday's events. We need to do that again sometime.

#56 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:54 PM

Definitely, you guys have a lot of potential. Get as many wars in as you can.

Highlights include of course Hasbro's presence as well as the fuzz showing up like I knew they would. I'm telling you, it's always the camo. I'm used to it, and at least you MA guys have a hell of a nice police force.
I hate you.

#57 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:04 PM

As Likos said "I don't know why people always think that people wearing camo are black".

#58 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:07 PM

Yeah, this war was, for sure, the shit. I got way better throughout, and not just with mega/zero modded weapons. The highlight was definately the crazy dodge where I jumped backwards, and did a half flip thing, two darts went whizzing by, then I capped larson and ran back. It was insane.

The teams were, often, really even. OMC was the powerhouse, then the other stock guys ran around and shot the most. OMC usually shot once and killed once. That was his agenda. Except when he got capped by that stock dart. That was hilarious. Good times, man. We needed that mostly stock BBB going on there, the milton guys needed more power on their side :lol:. We really have to have a spring MA war, in which I'll start a new thread. It will definately be IN or CLOSE TO lexington. You miltoners can drive yourselves, which helps a lot. You'll hear from me.

I didn't expect that Aaron and folks would be there again as well. I always feel so priviledged to be able to meet the people who designed these blasters from nothing, and then get some of the fruits of their labor free! Awesome stuff.

Oh, and OMC has pics, he'll probably have them up soon.

TS

#59 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:58 PM

Here are the pics as promised. I only took about 15 or so, but there are some good ones. I'll also upload the one of us with Hasbro folks as soon as I get it from them.

http://community.web...510037462hMNYep
I hate you.

#60 MiMiC

MiMiC

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 07:44 PM

That was a great war. Everyone from Milton agreed that it was definitely the best we have hosted (all the others were local wars for our little nerf group). Also, the community snacks seemed to be relatively well received (yeah, I completely stole the idea from whomever had those chewy granola bars).

I did notice that the majority of the non-Milton guns were long range weapons. It sort of makes the other Miltonites and I rather obvious due to the fact that most of us were using close combat weapons.

In case anyone cares, I had the shotgun5k, euphemism had his sawn off red dart tag, and that was Mike with the stock mav. Not the most powerful lineup ever created, but in close the extra shots seemed to help tip the balanced in our favor.

I took a while to warm up and was near useless in the very beginning (before the police showed up and kindly relocated us).

Edited by MiMiC, 22 November 2005 - 07:55 PM.

#61 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:08 PM

^^

Oh hey, man! Good to see that you joined the forums! This is David, the kid with the fro B).

You'd be surprised at the balance that we had at the end with the high ROF but low range weapons. At least, I was. Good times were had by all, I assume. We're definately having a spring MANIAC. And finally we'll have a similar ammo source. It would be awesome if you guys could all get CPVC or some source of barrel material for those springers that you were using, so that we could all just pool a huge load of stefans.

TS

#62 MiMiC

MiMiC

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:20 PM

Worry not, as we have a good supply of CPVC and SCH40 around here. I believe the main problem we have is getting proper weights for our stefans, so most of us end up using stocks. Euphemism and I have made a handful of stefans weighted with beads from those cheap plastic necklaces, but that is about the highest quality ammo we have (as far as I know).

#63 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, you wouldn't happen to know any bait und tackle shops in our vicinity would you? I'v never been fishing in my life so I would not, and do not, have a clue where one would be... hold on, a may have seen one in hull where I have some contacts, I'll look into it.

Edited by euphemism, 22 November 2005 - 10:32 PM.

#64 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, I think we should all kinda do a little bit of research for weights near us. Speaking of, I gotta PM OMC for some of those. I'll look into it.

TS

#65 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:23 PM

This is an easy way for you to get your weights. I use the lead fishing weights still, but most of SoCal seems to swear by slingshot ammo.

http://www.cabelas.c...ch-results1.jsp

Edited by One Man Clan, 23 November 2005 - 05:24 PM.

I hate you.

#66 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:38 PM

Sweet Jesus! $8 for 500!!! WOW! Thanks a bunch, OMC.

TS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users