Maniac 2?

Ok, now i'm serious

65 replies to this topic

#1 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:04 PM

Hey, does anyone remember that thread? Oh what was it called.... "Is there anyone out there in MA?" I posted twice about another war, and FG picked up on it... with his own idea. Now I'm in your faces about it, MAers.

Okey, enough ranting. As stated before, I really would like to have another war around labor day. Specifically the sunday beforehand. Same place/times/people/attitude. Unless more people want to come, which is awsome. I know we'll have a better turnout this time (+2), because Arcanis won't have surgery, and jjb won't get into another accident... let's hope :lol: . Just kidding with you jjb.

So.... feedback?

TS

#2 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:50 PM

i live in Massachusettes wheres it gonna be?

#3 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:51 PM

Querty, thanks for being THE ONLY PERSON IN MA TO ACTUALLY READ THIS. I appreciate that. I don't appreciate, jjb, arcanis, yazz, FG, NOB, and the rest of MA'ers who responded in the maniac thread and the "Anybody out there in MA" thread.

[/blowing a fuse]

Okay, It's been a week since I posted, and I've still got no feedback. I really want another war to happen. Info on this war can be found here.

As posted in my thread, I'm looking for it to be before labor day. This time I'll have a better arsenal, to hook kids up. If Yazz is around he can bring 1-2 people, and between me and FG we'll arm them.

So.... feedback?

TS

Edited by Team_Slaya, 12 August 2005 - 07:53 PM.

#4 FuriousGeorge

FuriousGeorge

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 08:19 PM

I'm up for another war. My ideal dates are the 27th or the 28th. I might not be able to make others. We are going to see more people responding to do this though.

-FG

#5 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:16 PM

Okey, FG, I asked for the day before Labor Day because I'm coming home the day before, and I think that most people will be coming back from vacationing because school will have started/would be close to starting. Can anyone else come? I hope for our whole old crowd (plus the two who didn't make it) to be there.

TS

#6 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 08:36 PM

Excuse the double post, but it's been awhile, and I don't think that edits make it up on the new post board on the main page.

Is anyone up for a war in October/early November? It needs to be early enough that we can not freeze to death, but still be late enough so people can prep, notably me, because at the moment my stefan count is nil.

I'm still up for the same place, and the general same time; on a saturday, from arond 11-5. That would be fine, I'd think. If we have to, we could make it 12-5, but it all depends on feedback. So to throw out some dates, I'll say...

October 15, 22, and 29. These are all saturdays. Could everyone check their schedules and post their availablities likewise? Thanks.

TS

#7 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 10:36 PM

Hey, let me know the location and how many are showing and I'll see about taking a ride up there. I'm always game for another Nerf war and fall is a great time for one.

15th would not work for me.

Edited by One Man Clan, 20 September 2005 - 10:38 PM.

I hate you.

#8 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 01:55 PM

Info on this war can be found here.

Wow. OMC, that would be amazing if you could get up here, even just you would be cool. Always looking for new people to nerf with!

Ok, so the 15th is off of the calendar, and remember, the 22 and 29th aren't the only other dates that we could do this, start mentioning other dates and people will respond accordingly. Personally, I can do anything on the weekends of the 22/29th, or on sunday the 16th.

TS

#9 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 04:51 PM

I am still living in MA and I expect to be for some time, I would like to go but transportation and lazyness play a big part in my decision making process. I have no real date preference as long is it is on a saturday. If you feel the urge to move it closer to Milton I, along with some others, would be far more likely to come, but if that place is really quite good than moving would just be foolish.

#10 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:31 PM

Okay. Where in relation to Boston is Milton? If it's not too far away and you have a nice nerfing spot like an open playground that no one uses that would be awesome.

Otherwise, I may get my parents to truck me out to arlington, which is about 5 miles away, and scout out the rest of the park. Right now, all of the area which I saw was an open field and a really cool uphill forest part. Both of which would work, but there are cover problems. Things like CTF would work really well.

TS

#11 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:47 AM

Hey, I have a good place (might be a little too small) for a nerf war, that I think might work. It's a castle playground I use to play in when I was younger. I haven't been there in a very long time, so I don't actually know what has changed there, but from what I remember, it's got all sorts of ramps, and walkways, towers for losing, and plenty of cover to hide behind or under. I'm gonna have to check it out some day and see it again.

Edited by SG Pilot, 23 September 2005 - 12:02 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#12 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:50 PM

what's the latest on this TS?
I hate you.

#13 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:53 PM

OMC, no one seems to be responding... as usual. I know that I can get me and 2-3 other people to come. Otherwise, les autres MAers will have to tell me if they can come.

SG, I didn't know that you lived in MA! Where in MA do you live?

TS

#14 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:28 PM

I live in a small town called Carlisle. It's next to Concord where the Old North Bridge and stuff is. The castle playground I'm gonna have to take a look at again and see if it is still good for a nerf war. I don't really know if a lot of kids are playing there on weekends or not because it is a part of the public school there.

#15 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:23 PM

Oh! I've been to Carlisle! When I ran Cross Country I ran at Carlisle. Cool. I live in Lexington, BTW. Thats awesome, another person who can come. Wow.

I'll try PMing all of the people, it's just I don't see how they could all miss this topic.

TS

#16 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:54 PM

Well, unfortunatly, I don't think I'll be able to make this war coming, but that's cool you run XC. Cause I do too! Pretty cool, also, that I used to live in Lexington.

Edited by SG Pilot, 23 September 2005 - 08:57 PM.

#17 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:42 PM

Milton borders Boston near lower mills in Dorchester ,where there's a red line (mattapan high speed rail) stop, and there are a few good placesin Milton. There's a park known as Cunningham park that has some nice wooded area behind it with no poison ivy and no drunk kids until 6:30pm, usually at least 7:00. There's a cool, mostly woody place with paths, access roads and whatnot but it has a risk of poison ivy if you leave the roads. The cemetary is also quite good but it sometimes has people during the daytime and it has this non-biting but somewhat annoying fly that seems to inhabit only there. The place that seems to have the least in the way of drawbacks is the park, but the cemetary can be more fun, in my opinion.

#18 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:33 AM

Euph, how close are the two from each other? If they're within walking distance we could just go from place to place, perhaps.

TS

#19 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:00 AM

They are easily walking distance from each other so we could gather at the park, nerf there, then go to the cemetary and nerf more.

#20 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 12:45 PM

Sweet! Another location. If you have a camera/camcorder maybe you could go and scope it out for us. That would be a big help.

TS

#21 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:26 PM

Oh shit, I completely forgot to get pictures and stuff but here's an arial shot from google earth.
Posted Image
The red square is now a vacant lot but the picture showed a school. The retarded pentagon is the general area we can use. We cannot use the vacant lot, I just covered it to avoid confusion.

#22 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 02:26 PM

Cool... but yes, very cool. It's getting a bit too cold, we're gunna have to do this really soon. And People will, of course, have to bring extra stefans, for I have none at all. I'm getting split shots soon though.

Guys! Cmon! OMC, euph, and myself would really like this to happen, but no one seems to be around. PLEASE post here if you can come, I'd like to get at least six people this time. I can get 5 people including myself to this war. OMC and euph can come as well. But I'd like FG, arcanis, and user to be there too.

TS

#23 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 05:28 PM

What's the latest on this war Slaya?
I hate you.

#24 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:56 PM

See above, man. There really isn't anything else to it, unless you only want around six people at the war. I've sent out PM's to the guys, and they're still around the forums, but they're in college. Y'know how that can edge out the nerfing time that they used to have.

So, it boils down to this - Do we want a war with six people? Or do we wanna wait and have maybe 8+?

TS

#25 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:28 PM

I've got a bunch of people here in milton willing to come but in order to get a head count I'd need an official date. So 22nd or 29th?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users