The Max Shot

"...Who's the father...?"

3 replies to this topic

#1 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 02:05 AM

I must be either the last or the first to realize this. ^_^ I stumbled upon this earlier tonight. The Lanard Air X-tream Max Shot, and for that matter, the entire Air X-tream line, isn't as intuitive as I had previously imagined. First, take a glance at the Max Shot and First Shot.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Good, solid guns, once they have been modified by the illustrious cxwq right? Nerf has never put out any gun quite like this before, you say. Hmm, well that's funny! Take a look at this gun that Mattel put out a few years back. Nerfcenter's review of a gun that seems to be the father of all things X-tream. Well, to me at least. Tell me what you think! I have never used this gun before, but surely there are some striking resemblances.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 11:24 AM

I think I saw a couple mentions of the similarities but I'd never actually looked at the Maximizer. Definitely looks like the same gun!
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 05:00 PM

The Maximizer used a completely different internal spring and catch mechanism than the Max Shots. It was basically a mini-Ultimator, using a large extension spring and a ratcheting catch mechanism which was similar in theory to the Max Shot, but a different design. Had a lot more air delivery volume as well, but not at as high a pressure.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#4 IronRhino

IronRhino

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 02 June 2003 - 10:45 PM

Yeah, what Spoon said. Lord Gothmog mentioned that, but there was a bunch of unnecessary shit at the front since it was an extension spring and all that made it dificult to mod.
She never told me she was a mime

Check out Foam Fortress

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users