Photo

Hornet Prob

44 replies to this topic

#26 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:15 PM

Ouch, this thread is getting hot. I'll try to stay out of the fire.

LMA, I'm only talking about the tri-pronged restrictor/regulator orange piece. My hornet is still fully functional and I will be doing everything I can to keep it that way.

#27 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 01:44 PM

Thank you so much cx, this kid was really getting on everyone'es nerves.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#28 flamebo388

flamebo388

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 06:42 PM

Get some of those really thin silver pliers, I don't remember what they're called but it's what I used to pull out the air restrictors on mine.
And as everyone knows, money makes the world go round. It's also the root of all evil, therefore the world going round is evil, and we should stop the rotation of the planet.

#29 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 12:44 PM

Sorry that is topic is old and what not, but I'm afriad I'm gonna need a picture of the overpressure release valve in the Hornet because I can't seem to find this little hole and I'm not sure that the end of the pump thing is or whatever. I'm such a newb at this :lol:

Edited by SG Pilot, 31 August 2005 - 12:45 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Oct 9 2009, 04:45 AM) View Post

I know, I HATE toy guns that are made for little kids!

#30 Crappy Nerfer

Crappy Nerfer

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:21 PM

SG Pilot, the overpressure release vavle is in the back of the pump shaft. Pull the pump forward until it comes out. You have to have the gun opened to do this. Anyway, you will see a small hole in the back and fill it up with hot glue. There are alternate ways to fill or cover the hole but hot glue is the easist and most likely reliable way to do this.

Edited by Crappy Nerfer, 31 August 2005 - 02:56 PM.

"If one notices a patch of gangrene in a wound on the back of one's hand, one does not simply hope that it gets better over time.

One cuts that shit off at the wrist and learns to masturbate lefty."

- Death

"By BC do you mean Boston College?"

- nerfer34

#31 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:42 PM

Posted Image

Here, I know it's not a hornet but it's in the same place.

Hot glue is the best option here.

Edited by duce, 31 August 2005 - 02:43 PM.

"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#32 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 06:36 PM

Okay, thanks a lot. Other glues besides hot glue can be used right?

#33 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:24 PM

So after a I plugged the overpressure release valve on my Hornet, I decided to drill out those air restrictors in the stock barrels. So I drill each one out and always cock the gun, pump it, then shoot it after drilling one and the gun was working fine. Then I drill out the last barrel and I cock it and then pumped it, but I felt no pressure being built up and wouldn't fire pulling the trigger. I also herd air leaking when I tried pumping it. I geuss my Hornet is trash now unless there's a way to fix it. :D

#34 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:34 PM

LastManAlive, your comments are usually singularly unhelpful. Start working immediately on reducing your posts per day average to less than mine.

Not to be disrespectful or anything, and not to say that his posts are useful, he has 4 tenths of a post less than you, plus the majority of his are GN, and your's are Off Topic, and yeah, I know you have to filter out a lot of garbage from off topic.

#35 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:34 PM

So after a I plugged the overpressure release valve on my Hornet, I decided to drill out those air restrictors in the stock barrels.  So I drill each one out and always cock the gun, pump it, then shoot it after drilling one and the gun was working fine.  Then I drill out the last barrel and I cock it and then pumped it, but I felt no pressure being built up and wouldn't fire pulling the trigger.  I also herd air leaking when I tried pumping it.  I geuss my Hornet is trash now unless there's a way to fix it. :D

I had a similar thing happen to my first hornet. I Wish I'd stumbled onto this thread sooner so that i could have been more help, I strongly Suggest NOT Plugging the release Valve on the HORNET and the BLASTFIRE, I't seems to cause various levels of not-good ness.

-Bags

Edited by baghead, 02 September 2005 - 01:38 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#36 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:40 AM

That explians it. Oh well, my Hornets always sucked anyway.

#37 grunty

grunty

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 12:43 PM

for some reson mine wont advance ! <_<
at2k s are the best no questions asked!!!

#38 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:31 PM

There's a small plastic white piece with a spring on it that goes just above the orange piece that the trigger pulls and the slider pulls out when you cock it. This white piece is what holds the slider back when the trigger pulls it. If this piece is not in place, the slider will not get locked back when you pull the trigger, and it'll remain stuck on the first barrel.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#39 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:34 PM

So after a I plugged the overpressure release valve on my Hornet, I decided to drill out those air restrictors in the stock barrels.  So I drill each one out and always cock the gun, pump it, then shoot it after drilling one and the gun was working fine.  Then I drill out the last barrel and I cock it and then pumped it, but I felt no pressure being built up and wouldn't fire pulling the trigger.  I also herd air leaking when I tried pumping it.  I geuss my Hornet is trash now unless there's a way to fix it. <_<

This happened to me on three hornets, but it only happened to them when I drilled the last barrel out. Stupid piece of crap. I HATE nerf's semi-autos...

If anybody does come up with a way to fix this, let me know, 'cuz that means I've got 3 guns I can let n00bs use at our wars now...

EDIT: STUPID DOUBLE POSTS!!!

Edited by Falcon, 03 September 2005 - 01:35 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#40 navy seal

navy seal

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 02:48 PM

So after a I plugged the overpressure release valve on my Hornet, I decided to drill out those air restrictors in the stock barrels.  So I drill each one out and always cock the gun, pump it, then shoot it after drilling one and the gun was working fine.  Then I drill out the last barrel and I cock it and then pumped it, but I felt no pressure being built up and wouldn't fire pulling the trigger.  I also herd air leaking when I tried pumping it.  I geuss my Hornet is trash now unless there's a way to fix it. <_<

This happened to me on three hornets, but it only happened to them when I drilled the last barrel out. Stupid piece of crap. I HATE nerf's semi-autos...

If anybody does come up with a way to fix this, let me know, 'cuz that means I've got 3 guns I can let n00bs use at our wars now...

This happened to me too. I didn't like the hornet any way it needed to many pumps and you had to fire all of the barrels before you reload. You might be able fo fix this by cutting the last airtank off but them you would have to do something to the valve mechanisim
Played in 110 countries
Bigger than rugby
Bigger than snowboarding
Bigger than surfing.......Paintball

#41 SG Pilot

SG Pilot

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:39 PM

I like shotguns, though (hence my name, ShotGun(ner) Pilot), maybe if nerf made a spring powered version of the blastfire...

Edited by SG Pilot, 03 September 2005 - 07:39 PM.

#42 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 07:50 PM

What are the ranges of a modded hornet anyway???
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#43 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:30 PM

Search for ompa's mod. He got ~80ft max.

TS

#44 zAnG

zAnG

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:22 PM

wwwwooooooohhhhh :D
AAHhhooohhh god... its..its eeevvverywhere.... ahhgod..its...its in my racooooon wounds.....aahhooohh god...

#45 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 01:03 PM

wwwwooooooohhhhh :D

Please see this thread.

Thanks.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users