Photo

Smoke Stefans/ Markers

24 replies to this topic

#1 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:27 PM

Ok the idea is that you make a stefan only you put the bb/ fishing wieght lower and near the middle but farther towards the front and glue it in. then you put flour in there. then cover it with a thin and weak toilet paper. and put tape around it. This could be used as a smoke missle or as a marker for those foolish people who say they aren't hit so when it impacts them it leaves a mark on their clothing. This might work i tryed it but my TP is too strong. Tissue papper may work as well.

Ideas? comments?
-dark

Edited by dark, 02 August 2005 - 05:29 PM.

"your needed on the bridge sir"
"knock on my door knock next time...Did you see anything"
"no sir i didn't see you playing with your dolls"
"good"
disscussion between dark helmet and colonel sanders

#2 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:44 PM

Neat idea, but it would serve no real purpose in a NERF war. No need to get all fancey.

#3 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:48 PM

It's creative, but I find it a little impractical. The concept you have of marking people is pretty good, but the smoke concept wouldn't have much of an effect in a Nerf war. Not to mention the time put into making the Stefans... For some, it's a challenge to get a nice dome on the dart, let alone make a good dart themselves. If you're a skilled dartsmith, I see no reason not to give it a try. Also, the toilet paper could break on its own, resulting in a powdery mess.

On a positive note, it's unique. I don't think this has been addressed before. I like to devise ideas too. Mine have never worked however, so I haven't made mention of them (peanut-butter flavored stefans, flexible barrels, and various ideas with bubblewrap).

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#4 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 05:56 PM

another idea i came up with for the smoke is for the secret strike gun, is you put a small piece of FBR in then some flour and then another piece of FBR. then i would attach it to my nite finder and call it the flour power gun. Imaginge someone getting hit by a blast of flour its funny. Main use is blinding the person temporarily.

Edited by dark, 02 August 2005 - 06:06 PM.

"good"

#5 sniperdude

sniperdude

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:19 PM

Hmm... nice idea dark. Ill test that tonight.

:ph34r:
----If my toes were made of brocolli i would rule the world----

#6 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:24 PM

This only works if the secret strike is modified.

Edited by dark, 02 August 2005 - 06:48 PM.

"good"

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:43 PM

this only works if the secret strike is modded

Please read the CoC and adhere to the tenets espoused within.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#8 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 08:35 PM

One time I taped a piece of gauze to the tip of a stefan, lit it on fire and shot it (not at someone) from my titan and it went out right when I shot and left a smoke trail which was kinda cool, but that's different. But yeah it's a cool idea, try it with powdered sugar and shoot pancakes.

Edited by euphemism, 02 August 2005 - 08:36 PM.

#9 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:19 PM

Hmmm let's see, oh here we go, No? This is kinda useless. Especially if you stumble apon someone and they don't notice you. you could lay down, make a hide or somesort out of a bush, and eat shit him. Then when the smoke trail is left in the air and the other 3 people on his team rise up with PCs, you are screwed with a bag of shit in your pants.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#10 AirApache

AirApache

• Members
  • 743 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:32 PM

On the other hand, if you plug a dart at your friend, not only will he be in shock that your little nerf darts hurt, but he'll be mesmerized by the little white trail of flour.

Neat idea. I keep thinking of the trail that missiles leave behind. In particular, the sweet missile tracks that those SAMs left behind in Behind Enemy Lines.

AA
Indiana '11

#11 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:22 PM

Hmmm let's see, oh here we go, No? This is kinda useless. Especially if you stumble apon someone and they don't notice you. you could lay down, make a hide or somesort out of a bush, and eat shit him. Then when the smoke trail is left in the air and the other 3 people on his team rise up with PCs, you are screwed with a bag of shit in your pants.

If you're talking about my thing then I guess I should have pointed out that I never intended to use the flaming gauze darts in a war or anything. They were just for the sake of science.

#12 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 11:43 PM

~Another pessimistic rant~

You're exploding alot lately, aren't you?

I'd hate to pick on you, but just calm down. If you couldn't tell that he wasn't going to use flaming darts from his post, hear it from me, and him. They were an experiment!

Come on, you honestly thought he'd shoot a flaming dart at someone? Give your head a shake.

I personally think it's a cool idea to use the flaming dart, even though it might damage the barrel. I also think the flour could make a cool smoking effect; but in the end, it's just Nerf.

Get out and do it, and don't try to hard to make it realistic. The idea is cool, but not practical, and not really Nerfy. If you really want that kind of effect, grab an airsoft pistol or something.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#13 nerfspecialforces

nerfspecialforces

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 12:35 AM

If you want to know if you hit someone, use a dart modded titan :ph34r: Trust me, it leaves proof that you can't wipe off.
QUOTE(Arcanis @ Apr 8 2005, 05:02 PM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

Call me NSF
N erf
S pecial
F orces

#14 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 03:24 PM

The darts dont leave a trail of flour because it is in a different barrel and is for CC.
"good"

#15 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:20 PM

If people are cheating in a nerf war, they shouldn't be Nerfing. (Nerfing is about nerfing not winning, why do you think they rotate players through teams in nerf wars?)

And for those people who cheat, instead of flour in your your flour power gun, just use itching powder. That way they cry, itch, and are blinded at the same time! (or you can make your own itching powder by taking dried rose petals and powdering them up.

#16 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:19 AM

~Another pessimistic  rant~

You're exploding alot lately, aren't you?

I'd hate to pick on you, but just calm down. If you couldn't tell that he wasn't going to use flaming darts from his post, hear it from me, and him. They were an experiment!

Come on, you honestly thought he'd shoot a flaming dart at someone? Give your head a shake.

I personally think it's a cool idea to use the flaming dart, even though it might damage the barrel. I also think the flour could make a cool smoking effect; but in the end, it's just Nerf.

Get out and do it, and don't try to hard to make it realistic. The idea is cool, but not practical, and not really Nerfy. If you really want that kind of effect, grab an airsoft pistol or something.

Sorry guys. Just under a lot of stress.

My only use of and kind of smoke with with a soda can full of flour and an M-80 in it. Nice little "puff grenade" as I called it. Althrough it had M-18 written on the side of it, it didn't do what a M-18 did. It PUFFs right when it explodes. And may I say, it is effective for attackers and not so for the defending. I have clear many bunkers with this.

And I wasn't really talking about the flaming darts. We must have both posted at the same time. I was talking about the trailing darts. If you are losing while passing by and oyu have a good hide where no one can see you, you can get a good shot off. If you shoot one guy and he has many others with him that you didn't see, they would see the smoke trail and thus make you visable to them. That was my point. I didn't mean to rant. Like I said, just a little stressed. Sorry guys.

#17 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 09:41 AM

Well it doesnt really trail it just sort of a plume of flour and the FBR pieces are just leftover pieces to keep the flour in the gun and out of the internals. But i likes the idea of itching powder even more comical, but I would never use it. Finally i have a gun that can launch flim canisters and if you do the same idea as with the soda can only on a smaller scale. or with one of those tiny soda cans.
"good"

#18 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 09:36 AM

Been there done that. I made both of these:

http://www.kapowwe.c..._Code=airmortar

http://www.kapowwe.c...ssionAircannons

And used those small AMP cans with some e-tape around them. We were able to also ajust the range on it from 200 feet away to as small as 50 with the use of a small air regulator.

Edited by LastManAlive, 05 August 2005 - 09:37 AM.

#19 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:20 PM

There had been some problems with people in my clan wars. People either lying about not getting hit or claiming they did not feel the dart hit them. A solution to this problem was to chalk the heads of the darts before going out hunting.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#20 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:51 AM

Have to agree with Richomundo. If people can't have fun without cheating, they shouldn't be Nerfing.

All the macho stuff about delivering welts and such are okay, but that really would kill the spirit of the hobby if that's what it takes to make Nerfing 'fun'. It's the primary ammunition of the paintball/ airsoft crowd that wants to diss Nerf by saying it's "not painful enough". If I wanted pain to validate my hobby as being 'tough' enough, I'd take up ultimate fighting.

The powder idea seems to be pretty novel, however, and I'm always game to try out something if it looks 'cool'. That said, I'll try powder (probably talcum, since it's pretty fine and I have some on hand), and even try putting some in the hollowed out area behind the stock darts, and fire them in the air, hoping for that 'trail' effect. Results, maybe even pictures if it works.

LastManAlive, I think I know who you are. You've got another chance on the boards again, so be cool. We'll believe you if you don't go too far off the deep end on what you have/ shoot/ eat shit/ explode, etc. And have fun.:lol:

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#21 Sqiggs89

Sqiggs89

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:36 AM

That would be a cool idea just to shoot around in your house or outside, not particularly in a war. Just have fun it's nerf.

If you want that kick ass smoke coming out of your gun. Just get a 2K and mod it. Then fire it a few times. A smoke tpye thing should come out of it. I'm pretty sure it fades after a while but still awesome.

Edited by Sqiggs89, 18 August 2005 - 08:37 AM.

Been a while.
#bro

#22 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:11 AM

Actually, pretty much any airgun will do that; I'm not sure why but I think it's got to do with the temperature of the air being released from the gun into the air outside, which is a different temperature.
SexD Warves

#23 Robonerfer

Robonerfer

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:09 PM

The relevant science is high pressure gas decompressing rapidly gets cold. FAST. That's the principle behind refrigerators, and it causes the condensation you see from the gun. Essentially, it makes the air cold, and then the water condenses, and you get fog, like when you breathe on a cold winter day. The only difference is that the AT2K is making the air cold when it would not otherwise be cold, so you can do it on a warm day, too.
Note: If you want to see the principles of refrigeration in action, just watch a co2 cylinder when it gets stuck open- I was using the air rifle, and the big refill bottle valve got stuck open, and you could SEE the frost forming on it. It was pretty cool (ooh bad pun) once you got over the shock of it hissing and spraying fog everywhere in your hand.
If you want to use powder ammo, one way to do it is to use a muzzleloading gun. Push a very short piece of FBR, such as a shotgun stefan, down the barrel, pour the powder in, and then push another piece of FBR down the barrel. When you shoot the gun, the back piece of FBR will push out the powder. The front piece is just to keep it from spilling.

#24 Handlethis

Handlethis

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:15 PM

I think this is a pretty neat concept, although its not really something you might use often, it's a creative idea and its something new and cool to try out. Nice job.

HT
Knowledge is black and white, but the more I learn, the more it seems that life was meant to be lived in gray.

#25 Beaver Vortex

Beaver Vortex

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 August 2005 - 10:00 PM

Even if this would require a lot of effort, I can tell you that knowing where you hit people is kind of neat. I was at a five below a few days ago and noticed they had some tek sixes. While checking them out I found they were selling darts like the tek six ones as well. They were a dollar a pack, six in a pack. Compare that to nerf packs of darts and that is really good deal. So I bought a bunch of them, and that is what me and my friends have been playing with of late. They actually stick, even if they stop doing so rather quickly. But while they last they are quite fun. There is something satisfying about holding a manta ray with an opponents ammo still stuck to it, or sticking one of those darts to someones forehead.
I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users