check valves

9 replies to this topic

#1 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:33 AM

I posted a thread in February asking about a problem with my then-new silver AT3k, saying it wouldn't pump right. Well, my blue one just died today from the same ailment, I'm sad to say. It was the check valve and I dont' think I can repair it.

Anyway, I was wondering why so many people have trouble with their 3ks' check valves; I've seen other topics besides mine about it. I tried to make the glue flush with the top of the pump when I plugged it; I don't think that was it. Do all 3ks eventually come to this fate or do I just have bad luck with them? Thanks.
SexD Warves

#2 leftnut

leftnut

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 10:49 AM

Many of the guns just can't stand the strain and will just give in after much use. Hell at OMCs war the other week we had about 3 AT2ks break from the extra strain on it. The Goo Gauges keep bursting on the AirTech guns, you just have to assume that it will eventually happen and have back ups.
"You are obviously a megalomaniacal insecure little boy stroking your faltering ego with your own hairy palm in order to prove your suedo-alpha male status..."
-BadAssReptileFarmer to Talio

#3 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 12:31 PM

That's when you reffer to springers and homemades. HEHEHE! I would love to peg someone with mine. GET A FAR!
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#4 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 01:43 PM

Meh, I never used it anyway; I just got it out and played around with it a bit and it started acting weird. Then it got worse until it wouldn't work at all.
SexD Warves

#5 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:40 PM

Before I even read this thread Im guessing the problem is the broken check valve right? I bet I am right. Yeah i bouth an AT3k twin pack i modded them both jsut plugged the release valve and put on some barrels I try it out a few times, it works fine. Then after about like 5 minutes of trying it out the check valve is broken... What a piece of shit I am thinking. GOD DAMN IT! Its happened to both of them, and i did NOT over pump. I pump 3-5 pumps every time. Im god damn sick of these shitty AT3k's. AT2k's are soo much better they like never have this problem.

#6 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:08 PM

You can make a new one. Just put a peice of piping with a cap on it where it used to be. Then, dril la hole in the cap and put a rubber ball in the cap. Glue the hose back over the cap. You might want to get some type of piping that the hose to the airtank will fit into. I have never had a AT3K, and probably will never have one.

#7 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 09:19 PM

Thanks a lot LMA, I'll try that. It sounds like a good idea. I'll PM you sometime and tell you the results.

Yeah, Osiris, it was the check valve. It's happened to both of mine and I don't really want to spend $20.00 for another two - I'm saving money for a Double Shot. :P
SexD Warves

#8 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 11:28 AM

Wow, I've been using the same pair of at3ks at every YANO/Armageddon/CAFF for 3 years with no problems whatsoever.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#9 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:47 PM

I must've done something wrong then. I was just wondering how long you'd been using yours and if you'd gotten any replacements yet. Maybe someone overpumped it; I've lent it to other people before, though I warned them not to overpump it. Oh well, I've got other good guns.

Thanks everyone.
SexD Warves

#10 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:10 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Anyone notices the barrel on the titans now than when it first came out. The older ones didn't screw off and the newer ones come with it off I believe. It is probably a manufacturers problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users