Photo

New Spring Idea

5 replies to this topic

#1 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:08 PM

I have a briliant new idea for sring powered weapons. in addition to the single spring pushing from behiend why not add like two pulling springs on the sides or 1 major spring pulling from in front. i belive it could increase the range but i dont have the reasources to do such a modifcation to any of my guns. it would work on the maverick or the scout but im not sure if it would work on any others.
send you thoughts

#2 SneakUP

SneakUP

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:13 PM

Nice idea but rubber bands/ bungy cords are what add a more force to the spring. But mabye you can do it internaly.

Edited by SneakUP, 27 July 2005 - 03:14 PM.

GOT FOAM?!

#3 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:22 PM

thankyou but the spring pulls by itself but pulles the piece with itthe springs dont make the big one go forward faster even thought it just speeds up the plunger piece but this mod i fell would best be used for the maverick or the scout
"your needed on the bridge sir"
"knock on my door knock next time...Did you see anything"
"no sir i didn't see you playing with your dolls"
"good"
disscussion between dark helmet and colonel sanders

#4 dark

dark

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:59 PM

yes this idea is ment for internally plungered guns ex maverick scout
"your needed on the bridge sir"
"knock on my door knock next time...Did you see anything"
"no sir i didn't see you playing with your dolls"
"good"
disscussion between dark helmet and colonel sanders

#5 NinjZ

NinjZ

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:54 PM

Just so you know, the bad spelling and grammer will definately not fly here. The team at NHQ will tolerate it and not ban you. This however, is a whole other territory. People wouldnt have a problem with you really if your posts were actualy readable and didnt hurt our brains trying to figure out what the hell you're saying.

As for your idea. I understand what you mean, but it cant really be applied for existing blasters. Your idea needs a pretty long plunger tube and rod to accomidate two springs. Even if you used two smaller springs in an existing blaster, the range would only be the same or less. I highly doubt it would make it any more powerfull given the restrictions. To "add springs on the sides" as you say, cant be done either. This is also easily done with rubber bands on the outside or even inside. Keep in mind internal banding can only be done if there is room. If you try to do thsi with springs the room is even less. You need to think these things out more.

This would however be an idea for a homemade blaster.

Edited by NinjZ, 27 July 2005 - 05:56 PM.

#6 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:11 PM

Two springs is generally (always?) inferior to a single, larger spring. The limitation is the catch mechanism and the integrity of the case, not the ability to buy a stronger main spring.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users