#1 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:49 PM

That was soo fun.

I'm in pain, but it hurts so good...

Spoon mentioned at CAFF that he always thinks about stretching, but never does. I could've used some of that yesterday; my legs are all sore and stiff.

Curse being out of shape.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#2 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 02:16 PM

I'm in pain, but it hurts so good...

Yeah...need I say more?
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#3 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 02:54 PM

Sucks That I couldn't be there...I will Not Miss The NEXT!!!

...I hope...

-Bags :ph34r:

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#4 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:04 PM

sorry i couldn't make it. i was out pretty late the night before and with the heat i decided to spend the day at the beach. yeah i'm a flake, I'm sure you all managed without me though.
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#5 jon

jon

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:27 PM

sorry i couldn't make it. i was out pretty late the night before and with the heat i decided to spend the day at the beach. yeah i'm a flake, I'm sure you all managed without me though.

Actually dude, we did miss you. Spoon was bawling over toj's shoulder screaming "I want my Steviepoo!" followed by many tantrums.

As for everyone els who didnt go, you guys really missed out. You have a whole year to wait until we posibly have an ensemble as good as this one did.

I got some great footage with my new video camera, so you guys dont have to miss out on all of it.
Die you super-monkey fuck!

#6 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:40 AM

You are dead to me, bitch! You hear me?! You are DEAD to me!!!!

I just got back from a cross-country flight. Almost 6 hours of flight time, 2 stops, Lord knows how many in-flight snacks and movies, and my body is confused from the time change and aching from the awesomeness felt there as well. I already miss you guys. (insert sad face)

Yeah, it was fun. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I gotta work to keep the money flowing to last me into my second year of college...I'm sure there will be a highlights thread soon so I won't bother to delve into the infinite awesomeness that was Armageddon 2005. We got some awesome footage, not a lot of pictures though. Definitely going to be an extremely kick ass movie this year, I already know.

-Groove out.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#7 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:56 PM

Split the posts over to a recap thread...

I don't have words to describe how perfectly the war went. We ranged from 10 to 24 nerfers as people came and went throughout the day. When we were at max capacity we did CTF between the two hills, the rest of the time we stuck to the urban area with standard team wars.

Best part of the day: No teacher telling us to get out of the urban area!

Worst part of the day: None really, though if Jon had been filming on the roof any earlier than he was, the cops throwing us out would have been really irritating. Since it was during the last war of the day it didn't matter too much though.

Most painful part of the day: For those who forgot to apply massive amounts of sunblock, overexposure. For me, it would be the 10 face shots I took - 5 of them spread between an xbow and a tree-bow - most at relatively close range.

Longest journey to attend: Technically, Death gets this one but he should share the honors with Groove since they both braved cross-country flights to be here. Both of them rocked us with mad East Coast skillz.

Best complete newb to nerf: quasar, who did a hell of a lot better than most people do at their first war.

More awards still to come...
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#8 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 05:16 PM

that war pretty much rocked all around.

I was burned by both the sun and spoon, one of those wounds will never heal... but he did save the masses with the water he bought

I did have alot of fun though. I think that one of my favorite parts of the war was being told by a cop to drop the weapons... the purple, plastic intimidators we were all using. the CTF and urban area was nice to. what ever happened to the Alamo idea?

Also I wanted to know if we could have a "dodge ball" round at the next war on the tenis courts. Toj know's what I'm talking about.

Thanks for hosting another great war C. can't wait for the next one
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#9 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 06:27 PM

Sound like you guys had a really good time. I will attend the rest of the armageddon's from now on, I'll have the ol' license next year. A drive to Cali is just what I need in the summer.

#10 TheHaze

TheHaze

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:15 PM

Sounds like a good time. I missed you guys by about 2 weeks, but I've already got the thumbs up for next summer as my gaduation-ish gift. I've never been in a war with any more than 8 people so I'm excited already. I'll show you guys how we do it in the big IL.
When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy

#11 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:43 PM

Wow, what a war. The infinite awesomeness witnessed there in Irvine that day was almost too much to behold. My muscles ache and my head hurts still. Time zone changes suck. But I'll be damned if I didn't Nerf my ass off.

Best part of the day: Dodging people's darts. I swear it was like some upside down kama-sutra reverse tai chi shit, I was contorting my body in funky ways. I managed to dodge Toj's many SM750 shots, some 3K shots, and several other guns.

Death managed to do this as well, but did so promptly with more 'ninja' involved. He would just fucking appear, dodge, kill, and vanish. I managed to do some sneaking of my own, just not on the 'invisible fucking murderer' level that he managed to achieve. Collectively, between us, we dodged an assload of darts. And it became dubbed the 'East Coast Aura' that day.

Worst part of the day: My Splitfire fucked up, and I was saddened. I felt inadequate and emasculated. I did manage to pick things up again with my Crossbow, however. It was pretty hot out there that day, too. Most of the guys there ended up going shirtless for most of the afternoon. I, however, in keeping with my growing farmer's tan decided to spare everyone and sweat my ass off.

OMGWTFBBQ Award goes to Toj with those fucking insane sunglasses, and for duct-taping a Nerf Slingshot to a Lightsaber toy, and fashioning a new weapon.

Wish we could have finished that last battle, that was a really fun round we had going there. Sucks we had to leave given the circumstances. But anyhow, awesome war guys...kudos to those who made it out there, and poopie on those who didn't. You missed a certainly awesome spectacle of awesomeness dripping with awesometastity.

Big thanks again for everyone who contributed to the war's success, I was glad I could make it out there to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones this time around. (insert happy face)

-Groove out.
(East Coast Aura +5)

Edited by Groove, 25 July 2005 - 08:46 PM.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#12 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 01:34 PM

Sad to say. But I can finally walk normally on my leg again. No joke, that mess hurt like a mo-fo! All in all, well worth it capturing that flag...Ray, I really thought you were shot. But o well. lol.

And I still wonder why, our team did great till spoon got out...than we'd all die. And it was just annoying more or less. Like, its not like Spoon did anything!? lol.

#13 quasar

quasar

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 04:02 PM

This thread makes me smile! I had so much fun that day, thanks to everyone for giving me a warm welcome.

Edited by quasar, 27 July 2005 - 12:16 AM.

#14 VGN

VGN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:06 PM

Sorry to hear that the boys in blue stopped the fun. Also sorry that I couldn't make it. I will make it even if I have to BEG my parents!
The founder of the NNN!
Behold!

#15 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:14 PM

For me, it would be the 10 face shots I took - 5 of them spread between an xbow and a tree-bow - most at relatively close range.

I still feel really bad about that.

Apollo also sends his apologies for one of them (not that anybody even knows who that was...)

That was the best freakin' day. Good lord, I'm working on lowering my shots. Seven headshots in one day. I feel like shit. Oh well. I hope death recovered from that last one during CTF.

Anyway, for gun obituaries, Nightwing's Titan is leaking like a motherfscker now. Don't ask how or why, it just is. We think it's screwed for good this time (this is the third time it's happened).

Great day, guys! I look forward to seeing all 'yall again really soon.

Soon like labor day.

Details will be posted in wars section soon.

New spot in G-town; big urban area. That's all you need to know.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#16 AnyaSeijin

AnyaSeijin

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:45 AM

More awards still to come...

FOOL!? WHERE ARE THE AWARDS!?! Its my favorite part!?!

#17 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 11:45 AM

I was stuck in Yosemite. Damn you all. This is the first Armageddon I've ever missed, and now I'm off to NY for college so I guess I'll be taking the train to Apoc next year!
~SS

#18 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:48 PM

Well, I know there weren't a whole lot taken, but has anyone gotten around to sharing those Still Pictures which were taken at Armageddon? I know we've a little while to wait for the videos, but I'm sure that the photographs shouldn't be too difficult to post.

Edited by Death, 10 August 2005 - 02:48 PM.

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

#19 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 03:34 PM

Shouldn't be too difficult eh?

Well alright, I'll get em up there.

#20 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:08 PM

With a double-post seven months late, here are the extremely few pictures I shot at the war. Notice that since I was playing, there are zero action shots.

#21 Death

Death

Ass-Kicking Overlord

• Contributors
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:34 AM

With a double-post seven months late, here are the extremely few pictures I shot at the war. Notice that since I was playing, there are zero action shots.

Woot.

I heart you, cxwq

DEATH

Let a man never stir on his road a step
without his weapons of war;
for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise
of a spear on the way without.  --Hávamál 38

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users